Author Topic: Police Effectiveness  (Read 74500 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Police Effectiveness
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 08:18:26 pm »

Yorkie

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2011, 08:56:38 pm »
Watch the video of a great interview with Frankie.

LiveLeak.com - Interview with Mad Frankie Fraser

Offline Trojan

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2011, 11:52:16 pm »
Coming back to Police effectiveness, he did spend half his life behind bars.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2011, 08:51:37 am »
Good point.

Yorkie

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2011, 06:53:43 pm »
I think it is disgusting for the person's picture to be put on a PUBLIC FORUM by the North Wales Police.

Will Police Constable Smith now please publish the picture of every other person who has been tried and convisted of ANY offence in the County of Conwy?  That at least will keep the playing field even!

I consider the request for people to grass on the individual tantamount to victimisation.

Offline PC Mike Smith

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2011, 07:26:55 pm »
Sorry you feel that way Yorkie.

However, his photo and the conditions will soon be on posters displayed in public areas.

This particular person has had many chances to accept help but he has declined.

Sadly his own behaviour has caused him to end up on an Anti Social Behaviour Order which means that his photo and conditions are available to the General Public.

No victimisation, just a concern for the safety of the people who live in the areas i Police.

He is actually a very pleasant chap when sober and hopefully this order will keep him that way.

With regards to photos of of every person convicted of any offence, that is not possible, However those on these types of orders have always been published in the Public domain.

Yorkie

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2011, 07:42:30 pm »
Quite frankly what he has done is immaterial as is the fact that he will now be pictured all over the community as per Mr Gizzi style.

I am complaining about his being put on this Forum which, although available to the public, is funded and administered privately.

The forum is for discussion and the passing of opinions and comments, not to publicly launch police publicity about those who have been tried, convicted and handed out their punishment.

Why not be positive, as you have previously preached, and give the person a chance to reform?

Please no more white wash, putting him on this Forum is VICTIMISATION as it has been done by you personally, in addition to the punishment handed down by the Court.  

We have been advised not to post personal details about Members, this should be extended to all members of the public irrespective of their position in our society.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:16:33 pm by Yorkie »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2011, 08:50:09 pm »
I have to agree with Yorkie.  This is not the place for peoples photos.  Even regarding Pub safe offenders their photos have to be kept behind the bar and only those who have signed the data protection forms can access them.  The difference here is............... what exactly????

Bang out of order.........sorry mate. You do a grand job but this is not on.
if you can put this lads mug shot on here, then you should be putting everyone's mug shot on here (which is not acceptable or fair.)  You have the North Wales police site for that.

People in Rhyl and Colwyn Bay have complained so much the mug shots of Gizzi and Co have been taken down.
This lad is nowhere near in their league is he?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2011, 08:55:10 pm »
I don't need to speak for PC Mike, of course, but the idea of a CRASBO is that the community is made fully aware of the individual and what they are prohibited from doing etc. As such, full details of the Offender are made public, posters issued etc.

Found this link all about them: http://www.warwickshire.police.uk/currentIssues/WPASBOs/CRASBOs

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2011, 09:14:28 pm »
Does it have to be on here though Dave?  Will it be in tomorrows Weekly News? Or on Oscars?  No probably not.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2011, 09:18:10 pm »
So this chap who has a bit too much to drink is a criminal?  In my day the offence was simply being drunk and disorderly.  Regular attendance in Court would result in a period in the slammer befitting the offence or continued offending.

We are all in some way in the public domain and PC Smith is, purely by virtue of his position, more in the public domain than others.  How would he feel if his mug shot was plastered all over local Forums and Blogs?  Not too happy I'm sure and would be issuing writs all over the place.

I believe that Bugsy, on application to the Court, could have this reference to him removed from this Forum.  Check out the Human Rights Act, Artcles 3,7 and 8 for a start.

Any positive opinion of PC Smith and the North Wales Police I ever had has been totally negated by this matter.  Unlike the good Samaritan I shall now be passing on the other side, and I'm sure you know what that means!  (PC Smith will. )

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2011, 09:28:44 pm »
With respect, Yorkie, you've never met him. I've known him for 20+ years and he's fine when he's sober but a complete monster when drunk. He can be very intimidating indeed - would you wish your wife to meet him when he was drunk and be subjected to a tirade of abuse and threats that would leave her terrified? I hardly think so. He's far from being the stereotypical amiable drunk slumped on a park bench, I'm afraid!

Yorkie

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2011, 09:57:43 pm »
Well if he has been like that for 20 years, it speaks very poorly of the country we live in!

The man is ill, and probably has been ill for some considerable time.  He needs help not castergatiing!

I am reminded of the first lines of the Police Manual - "The PRIMARY OBJECT of an efficient Police is the PREVENTION of Crime .........."  words I have never forgotten since I joined the Force over 50 years ago.

Maybe earlier action by the Police could have put this man on the road ro recovery many moons ago.  No-one is a hopeless case it just takes perseverence by those who care.  It seems that he has not been given that chance, unless someone can advise me otherwise.

How do you know I haven't met him?  I have lived in Llandudno for the last 23 years and I certainly don't walk round with my eyes closed.   Also as a Councillor and working for the Local Authority one does glean a great deal of local knowledge.

Finally, despite her petite frame, my wife is perfectly capable of taking care of herself, but generally would not allow herself to be put in such a position.

Perhaps we could be treated to further comment from the PC?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:48 pm »
You'd certainly remember if you had met him! Hugo isn't likely to forget meeting him...

"We had been talking for about 10 minutes when a scruffy individual came walking up the middle of the road talking to himself.  He went around us and sat on the fire escape of the property we were standing by and then told us to F*** Off for no apparent reason.   I asked him did he live in the property to which he replied that he didn't so I very politely told him that perhaps he should do the same.  He then became abusive and aggresive so this man I had been talking to and I both walked away from a confrontation."

Richard has had a hundred chances and blown every one of them, sadly.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2011, 10:38:06 pm »
Let me get this straight, because at the moment I'm pretty :o

Somebody has a drink problem, and the North Wales Police think the best way to deal with that problem is to publicly humiliate him on an internet forum? Yeah that's not going to make somebody with a problem want to have a drink even more than ever now is it?

Perhaps on the weekend you could wrap him up in chains and parade him around the town centre, maybe you could also ring a huge bell as you walk him through the streets, then everyone can notice him and "watch out for him in future"?
As we're getting the forum involved why not have a competition for users to design the best wooden placard that we can wrap around his neck.

Glad to see my tax money is being well spent, really appreciate it. Perhaps you can kick a few tramps in the balls for us on your next rounds as well PC Smith, really show them unfortunate buggars who's boss.

$thanx$