Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664109 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4785 on: December 27, 2013, 11:20:23 pm »
We tried to park downstairs in the Car Park at Morrison's in Colwyn Bay - what a nightmare, gave up and went to Asda - never been in a car park where the bays are so narrow and the turning space so small.

My wife parked her car there about two years ago and a woman driver drove into it and caused over £300.00 worth of damage and then drove off without leaving any details.  An anonymous person wrote down her Reg No and it was caught on CCTV but the woman denied the offence and the Police did not prosecute her so she got away with it.     :rage:
However I got her address from the DVLA and by coincidence her insurance company was the same as mine and they paid out without me making a claim.     
I expect her insurance premiums will have gone up as I requested that they put my documented letter on her file.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4786 on: December 28, 2013, 07:52:59 am »
Car parks have annoyed me for years! Spaces far too narrow so I always park in an end space far away to prevent car doors banging in to my car! An even bigger problem if I'm in my Jaguar, the spaces are often too short as well as too narrow! I never park near anything with kid seats in the back either, asking for trouble that is!  &shake&

Here are the requirements.  Take a measuring tape with you in the car and if booked measure the space.  I have seen lots of FPN's cancelled this way.

10. The following are standard space requirements of some typical vehicles. These may be used as basic minimum reference values but different layouts such as parallel, herringbone and in-line, have slightly different overall space requirements and detailed layout of parking spaces will be site specific.
2.4 metres x 4.8 metres Cars
2.4 metres x 5.5 metres Light Vans
3.5 metres x 14.0 metres Rigid
3.5 metres x 18.5 metres Artic
3.5 metres x 14.0 metres Coaches

Hope this helps!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4787 on: December 28, 2013, 01:05:00 pm »
We tried to park downstairs in the Car Park at Morrison's in Colwyn Bay - what a nightmare, gave up and went to Asda - never been in a car park where the bays are so narrow and the turning space so small.

I hate those underground car parks after having had a nasty episode in one years ago, someone tried to get into the passenger seat of my car, just as I was about to drive off. LuckilyI managed to put my foot down and leave him standing.
ME I agree about Jags and short spaces. I had a Daimler Jag during the days of the old Asda and used to have to park my bonnet into the bushes to be able to use the boot without being swiped off my feet by someone driving past.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4788 on: December 28, 2013, 01:13:36 pm »
i HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH MY SMART CAR OR MY  ROBIN RELIANT.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4789 on: December 28, 2013, 01:24:51 pm »
i HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH MY SMART CAR OR MY  ROBIN RELIANT.

Loved my Smart Car !! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #4790 on: December 28, 2013, 09:13:24 pm »
Places like the London priced themselves out of the market years ago,not many go there anymore,food is a big thing for others,the Snowden nice atmosphere.

I agree. In the London: The drink prices have been expensive for a while. Ales £3.50 ish & the food quality has gone down.
Its nice to see that the Snowdon is keeping its prices competitive & is v. friendly & has a great atmosphere.
I always frequent the Snowdon when in Llandudno & love the place.

Wrex
 As it seems you frequent the Snowdon & may know the manager, please let him know that a lot of the customers that sit in the lounge (myself included) have a prob with the wooden strip backrests on the seats in that area, which are VERY uncomfortable. (cant sit back & relax)
I  always visit the Snowdon, but if these seats are the only ones available, I do not stay, as may other clientèle.
If you spend the FULL evening there & have to sit on there seats you will know what I mean.
The landlord may be missing out on custom due to this.
Hope you will pass this on & the landlord will sort this. (mimimal effort - customer comfort- 0ish expense - more custom/profit). Makes sense??
Let me know how you get on. :-)

Rob
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:42:28 pm by Ian »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4791 on: December 29, 2013, 01:26:11 pm »
It's up to the individual businesses to attract their customers and all too often they don't make the effort and fail as a result.
I can quote lots of examples of lack of effort and due care to customers from the leisure industry locally but only last week I was in the 147 Club to watch the football. This bar is typical of those who just take the money and don't reinvest and don't provide the service they should. The tables remained uncleaned from one customer to the next, if you stand on the carpet near the bar your feet stick to it, and the toilets are evil.

Believe it or not some customers were actually ordering food too !

On the other hand, every time I've been to the Albion in Conwy (most recently Christmas Day mid-day) it's been busy and with an excellent atmosphere. All the grants, rate reductions, parking schemes in the world won't get repeat custom to a business if the product or service is poor.

I have to disagree about The Albion.
The last time I went, it left a bad memory for me as I got hit with a parking ticket.
But, I thought I would give it another chance, and Mrs Fester and I popped in last week.

It was full of, (and smelled of) DOGS!
It is a soul-less and boring pub, full of pretentious folk reading a book, always alone, except the pre-requisite dog at their feet.
These folk take the odd sip of a half-pint of 'real ale' every 10 minutes or so.
I am sure they might spend about £1.28p in a 2 hour visit.  Plus it was pretty damned cold in there.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4792 on: December 29, 2013, 01:33:26 pm »
full of pretentious folk reading a book

Were they all reading the same book, or did they have one each?   WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4793 on: December 29, 2013, 02:01:01 pm »
full of pretentious folk reading a book

Were they all reading the same book, or did they have one each?   WWW

They did not seem the sociable types, therefore.... one each
Fester...

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #4794 on: December 30, 2013, 12:55:12 am »
When did you go ? its usually good.  they do let dogs in. but it always clean. ok there are no drunks falling around the place or people swearing and shouting, but everyone has a chat and laugh, I am surprised by your comment.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4795 on: December 30, 2013, 02:58:01 pm »
but everyone has a chat and laugh, I am surprised by your comment.

I'm with you on this one Llewelyn. The wife and I have always enjoyed our visits to the Albion. Perhaps Fester caught the place on a bad day, it happens.
Having completed, and got the Tee-Shirt, for the Conwy Real Ale Trail, the Liverpool Arms, the Castle Hotel, Ye Old Mail Coach and the Albion, are in my opinion, the only pubs in Conwy worth using.  Z**
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4796 on: December 30, 2013, 05:29:28 pm »
I pop in the Liverpool Arms and Castle Hotel quite often, and I love the very different atmosphere in both of those places.
However, the Albion has no atmosphere, (my opinion, that's all)

Llew, if I wanted people falling about, swearing etc, I would be in the Town House wouldn't I?
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4797 on: December 31, 2013, 05:27:50 pm »
Happy new year too everybody,here;s too a moaning 2014 x

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4798 on: January 06, 2014, 11:25:08 am »
Massive thunderclap over Llandudno at about 10.50am. Went on for what felt like ages.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4799 on: January 06, 2014, 11:47:52 am »
Yes, we had one big flash followed by the thunderclap here, unusual for January!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas