Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2665411 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4755 on: December 23, 2013, 02:19:44 pm »
Bri that just goes to show how it needs two brains as i did;nt even think about how pedestrians might cross if we took away the exit lights,i suppose if we left the exit lights just as a crossing lights that would work.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4756 on: December 23, 2013, 03:04:30 pm »
I was talking to my daughter last nite about where the locals go now for their nights out now,she said that obviously the locals still stay in town but the people fro surrounding towns now do head for Bangor and now Rhyl has a few new nightclubs and has started to win back the young ones,pity for Llandudno and more worrying for our bars trying to survive,but until somebody see;s fit to invest our nite life has gone.

Great pity CCBC / Police saw fit to close the lower half of upper Mostyn Street on what was potentially one of the most lucrative Saturday nights of the year. No matter how well intentioned the drink drive accident re-enactment was, it played havoc with local trade.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Dave

« Reply #4757 on: December 23, 2013, 05:58:27 pm »
As most of the favoured bars are in the lower part of Upper Mostyn St it wasn't such a bad idea was it ?
Not very difficult to find alternative routes, makes a pedestrian zone where there is the likely hood of drunken youth stumbling in to the road and after all, patrons of local businesses would probably not be needing their cars and parking spaces there anyway.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #4758 on: December 23, 2013, 06:10:29 pm »
Hi Dave R
I arranged to meet friends in the Halfway House in Y Felinheli (Bangor) this lunchtime only to discover upon arrival the pub to be boarded up and closed down.
So we changed our venue to the Antelope at Menai Bridge only to find the business being run be the receivers.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4759 on: December 23, 2013, 06:57:12 pm »
Hi Dave R
I arranged to meet friends in the Halfway House in Y Felinheli (Bangor) this lunchtime only to discover upon arrival the pub to be boarded up and closed down.
So we changed our venue to the Antelope at Menai Bridge only to find the business being run be the receivers.
Sad times for the Licenced trade.  :(

Offline Dave

« Reply #4760 on: December 23, 2013, 08:29:31 pm »
It's up to the individual businesses to attract their customers and all too often they don't make the effort and fail as a result.
I can quote lots of examples of lack of effort and due care to customers from the leisure industry locally but only last week I was in the 147 Club to watch the football. This bar is typical of those who just take the money and don't reinvest and don't provide the service they should. The tables remained uncleaned from one customer to the next, if you stand on the carpet near the bar your feet stick to it, and the toilets are evil.

Believe it or not some customers were actually ordering food too !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4761 on: December 24, 2013, 09:45:59 am »
A phenomenal hailstorm just passed over Llandudno - it went so dark that the streetlights came on outside!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4762 on: December 24, 2013, 10:00:41 am »
It's up to the individual businesses to attract their customers and all too often they don't make the effort and fail as a result.
That's very true, sadly. Some businesses seem to think they are entitled to the customers' money and don't need to put any work in to get it.  &shake&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4763 on: December 24, 2013, 10:41:12 am »
A phenomenal hailstorm just passed over Llandudno - it went so dark that the streetlights came on outside!

Did I imagine it , or did we get lightening during that storm? We were hoovering under beds at the time, so I could have been mistaken !
Just been down to the prom and there are quite a few patches of hail left in corners, much to the dog's delight, sand patches and hail patches-- all his Christmases have come at once !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4764 on: December 24, 2013, 11:15:18 am »
Did I imagine it , or did we get lightening during that storm?

Yes - two big strikes.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #4765 on: December 24, 2013, 03:34:42 pm »

Did I imagine it , or did we get lightening during that storm? We were hoovering under beds at the time, so I could have been mistaken !
Just been down to the prom and there are quite a few patches of hail left in corners, much to the dog's delight, sand patches and hail patches-- all his Christmases have come at once !
Both of you hoovering under the bed together !! Is that what you call it. I know its Christmas but this is a respectable blog  :-[

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4766 on: December 25, 2013, 09:00:56 am »
Hate to disappoint you, but the space under a bed is only just big enough to get a hoover into -- that's why two pairs of hands are needed.

Did the lightning strikes come from down the road--???????? :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4767 on: December 26, 2013, 09:18:54 am »
What time is the dip please anybody.

Online Bri Roberts

« Reply #4768 on: December 26, 2013, 09:28:42 am »
11.30am in Llandudno so you still have plenty of time to get ready.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4769 on: December 26, 2013, 09:34:38 am »
Cheers Bri,you say plenty of time as if you think i am entering the water,not a chance.Thanks