Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663558 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4380 on: October 05, 2013, 10:01:38 pm »
I have been interested to read all the recent postings on this thread and cannot let things go without comment.

I have certainly noticed that some contributors are very quick to correct mistakes, and often things that are NOT mistakes, of others, possibly in an effort to display the idea that they have superior knowledge of the matter, item, or what ever is under discussion.   I could name names but I am positive those I refer to know who they are.

I will also admit to displaying some of my own knowledge when I consider circumstances are right to do so!   Maybe I too, am one of those who . . . . . . . . .!
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4381 on: October 05, 2013, 10:08:58 pm »
Surely Tourettes is a spoken affliction, rather than written?! Anyway, anyone who's ever had a conversation with Fester would not find a Tourette's sufferer worrying at all.  :laugh:

So, Dave you are saying that you WOULD discriminate against a mute Tourette's sufferer, one who needed to express himself in the written word?   You have obviously not thought this through.  :laugh:

Yorkie, your last post  is as much of a mystery to me as many of the Scrabble words you defeat me with!

Kowalski,  (singular or plural) is obviously suffering from schizophrenia.

Admins, neither of you answered my question about a Filter facility within the Forum
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4382 on: October 05, 2013, 10:19:38 pm »
I try to read every post daily it passes time away and better than reading the papers reporting nothing but things to make you want to top yourself, I don,t comment on most things because it is the view of the individual be it right or wrong and there are a lot out there much wiser than me, So why oh why do members let people get to them instead of ignoring them. If the post is not to your liking move on to the next one it makes life a lot easier and you make less enemies .

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4383 on: October 05, 2013, 11:41:52 pm »

Kowalski,  (singular or plural) is obviously suffering from schizophrenia.

I see you opted for the method of conflict resolution that's used by 99% of the world's great statesman, namely "If you become involved in a disagreement make sure you're the first one to claim the other party has mental health issues."

I hate to do this, I really do, but you seem made the layman's mistake. You appear to have confused "Schizophrenia" (more of a generalized definition for "a severe form of mental illness that affects about 7 per thousand of the adult population." - WHO definition) with "Dissociative Identity Disorder".

Is it really too much to ask that people actually know what they're talking about BEFORE they offer insults?

Having said that, congratulations for following the instructions at the bottom of my last post;

Cue the pithy putdowns and pop psychoanalysis..........

In fact you went even better than following my instructions you fulfilled BOTH of the points with ONE insult. The insult was both"pithy" and a piece of "pop psychoanalysis". So yeah, well done for that.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4384 on: October 06, 2013, 07:57:44 am »
Surely Tourettes is a spoken affliction

Not necessarily. It's a pretty broad syndrome which can manifest itself in any one of a dozen ways, not all of which include speaking. But it's a serious issue, as are all mental health problems.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4385 on: October 06, 2013, 08:14:22 am »
Admins, neither of you answered my question about a Filter facility within the Forum
Such a feature is not available, I'm afraid.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4386 on: October 06, 2013, 08:33:41 am »
I try to read every post daily it passes time away and better than reading the papers reporting nothing but things to make you want to top yourself, I don,t comment on most things because it is the view of the individual be it right or wrong and there are a lot out there much wiser than me, So why oh why do members let people get to them instead of ignoring them. If the post is not to your liking move on to the next one it makes life a lot easier and you make less enemies .

Well said Snowcap. The more you argue with some people the more they enjoy it ! Diplomatic silence frustrates them.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Gaylord Screwsby

« Reply #4387 on: October 06, 2013, 05:24:07 pm »
Just out of interest what is Llandudno like right now? Visiting in about three weeks time.

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4388 on: October 06, 2013, 09:52:50 pm »
Just out of interest what is Llandudno like right now? Visiting in about three weeks time.

It's fine....just avoid Marine Drive as it will be covered in paint stripper.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4389 on: October 06, 2013, 10:48:38 pm »

It's fine....just avoid Marine Drive as it will be covered in paint stripper.

Ha ha.... nice one Major Mellons.  :laugh:

Kowalski, I apologise if I misdiagnosed your emotional state.
Unlike you, I have no formal qualifications in the field of mental health. 
Seeing as I don't know what I'm talking about, I bow to your superior knowledge, due to your Doctorate, PhD, or whatever it is you hold.   Which University did you graduate from by the way? just out of interest?
Seeing as my knowledge is so limited, I will just constrain my self to what I do know as fact.  You are quite simply just full of your own self-importance, (and full of other stuff too)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4390 on: October 06, 2013, 11:54:48 pm »
I must tell you something Fester, I'm in a quandary.

On the one hand; I want to keep going because I'm playing "Hackneyed Message Board Insult Bingo" and I'm on a roll -  I'm only one away from a line, and three away from a full card.

On the other hand; I want to break this cycle.

I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll go for the second choice.

Therefore in the spirit of good relations I'd like to be apologise. so here goes......

I'm really sorry that I had the unmitigated gall to be labeled "Schizophrenic" by your good self.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4391 on: October 07, 2013, 07:22:15 am »
 _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4392 on: October 07, 2013, 07:25:43 am »
Is that the end of this subject now,can we move onto Alice or CCBC OR ANYTHING.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4393 on: October 07, 2013, 09:59:50 am »
good idea

$good$

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-24426048

discount card for locals - good idea?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4394 on: October 07, 2013, 10:07:30 am »
Is that the end of this subject now,can we move onto Alice or CCBC OR ANYTHING.

I believe we are having 74 adverts around for Alice.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.