Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663999 times)

Offline viv

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2910 on: September 15, 2012, 11:48:02 pm »
as an addition to my previous post I have checked the names of the "artistes". Compere Stephen K Amos was quite funny and fast - but do I care about his cock ? Arthur Smith - a forgettable performance -bad language again and poor content anyway . Matt Rees -young guy, quite dry and witty, spoilt again by language. Barry from Watford (not Norman!) - no idea what this was all about - again bad language. There were 2elderly ladies outside when I left and they were saying that they were disappointed, but at least their money had gone to a good charity. Like me they are unlikely to go to another Giddy comedy show.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2911 on: September 16, 2012, 08:38:01 am »
Funny Dave should post the pics of Rhyl, we passed through there last Weds and commented how bright and cheery the flower beds looked.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2912 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:05 am »
Funny Dave should post the pics of Rhyl, we passed through there last Weds and commented how bright and cheery the flower beds looked.
They do make more effort in Rhyl, just a shame they don't have Llandudno's natural beauty to work with.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2913 on: September 16, 2012, 09:25:41 am »
I too was in Rhyl yesterday and thought the floral displays were great Mike

Offline dwsi

« Reply #2914 on: September 16, 2012, 06:07:14 pm »

Destination Conwy

Tourism is an important part of the Conwy economy, supporting 10,820 full-time equivalent jobs directly or indirectly, bringing £559m revenue to the County's economy annually (25% of the All Wales total); and supporting 70,000 bed spaces (24% of North Wales stock). As such, it is one of the mainstays of Conwy's economy and is a major source of employment and revenue.

The benefits are increasingly shared across the County; with visitors spending on accommodation, food and drink, leisure activities and shopping. Non-tourism businesses also benefit through local supply chains, such as the wholesaler who supplies restaurants and the local garage where visitors are supplied with fuel.

Tourism also has a critical value to the wider community; particularly in the rural areas where many goods and services are only available to the resident community and remain viable because of visitor spend. This wider economic benefit to the destination is referred to as the Visitor Economy and is far more wide reaching than the direct impact of just the tourism element alone.

http://www.conwy.gov.uk/sectionextra.asp?cat=10222&Language=1

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2915 on: September 16, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »
As tourism is so important too Conwy Borough why the hell did they let the parks dept leave the whole borough looking such a mess for the whole season,does;nt make sense to me,not bringing in more tourist by means of the Venue Cymru Arena,does;nt make sense,its as if they are not jelling together as an authority.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2916 on: September 16, 2012, 09:26:54 pm »
Both very valid points, Wrex. Presentation of public spaces, in particular, can have a massive impact on how a town/area is viewed by visitors.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #2917 on: September 17, 2012, 11:06:04 am »
As tourism is so important too Conwy Borough why the hell did they let the parks dept leave the whole borough looking such a mess for the whole season,does;nt make sense to me,not bringing in more tourist by means of the Venue Cymru Arena,does;nt make sense,its as if they are not jelling together as an authority.

I've asked for the lack of weed control, no flower displays and the xmas lights to be on the agenda for the next Destination Conwy meeting.
Minutes of the last meeting of Destination Conwy Steering Group, 21st June 2012, The Quay, Deganwy  http://bit.ly/Oww9ai

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2918 on: September 17, 2012, 02:27:19 pm »
Anyone know if the 'floral' clock is working yet?

It has been removed.

I presume it has been taken away for repair.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2919 on: September 17, 2012, 05:33:34 pm »

I've asked for the lack of weed control, no flower displays and the xmas lights to be on the agenda for the next Destination Conwy meeting.
Minutes of the last meeting of Destination Conwy Steering Group, 21st June 2012, The Quay, Deganwy  http://bit.ly/Oww9ai
Good work, Dwsi!  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2920 on: September 17, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »
I have just watched A Summer in Wales on BBC,and oh dear ,not a good advert for Llandudno,thay had John Jones the donkey man on complaining about the state of the beach and that he thought they might of cleared it by now,i think it was recorded about May,of course i was screaming at the telly,most people think i talk through my backside but there on national telly is somebody saying what i have been saying all Summer,CCBC should be ashamed and now it offical on the BBC.  PS the floral clock has dissapeared

Offline Tosh

« Reply #2921 on: September 17, 2012, 08:46:05 pm »
What do you mean, it has disappeared?

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #2922 on: September 17, 2012, 09:19:37 pm »
It looked to me like the movement (works) was far too small and not up to the job.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2923 on: September 17, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »
quite alarming that this steering group talked about the state of the town beach in June and yet still CCBC did absolutly nothing about it,not a clean up nothing ,very poor show,now highlighted on national tv ,classic.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2924 on: September 17, 2012, 09:27:03 pm »
I know its easy for us to come on here and criticise,but to think not one councillor came out and said that the town beach is a mess and we demand some action,not one in town or county bothered to fight the corner and lets be honest it is an important part bof the town and tourism,how many people must have been to Llandudno this year and gone home saying ,nice place but poorly maintained and don;t go there for the beach.