Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 175130 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2012, 10:06:10 pm »
Ha ha ha....  L0L L0L

When OUR Pier plans come together, (Circa 2018) ... perhaps we will both deserve such an accolade?    ?{}?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2012, 10:22:51 pm »
Todd has ensured that will not happen!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #362 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:53 pm »
Been out tonite measuring up,hope to make a few changes,i hope they will be for the good.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:48 am »
Been out tonite measuring up,hope to make a few changes,i hope they will be for the good.

I feel a holiday coming on!    ££$ ££$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »
I am working on trying to get a main sponsor,there are a lot of great minds on here so im wondering if any of you have any serious suggestions.as we know there are a lot of people and buisnesses who benifit so i would appreciate any suggestions,thanks.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2012, 05:10:24 pm »
I am working on trying to get a main sponsor,there are a lot of great minds on here so im wondering if any of you have any serious suggestions.as we know there are a lot of people and buisnesses who benifit so i would appreciate any suggestions,thanks.

Considering the location of their Llandudno shop & the type of products they sell what about approaching the Past Times company?
Valar Morghulis

Offline Jack

« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »

Considering the location of their Llandudno shop & the type of products they sell what about approaching the Past Times company?

Hi SDQ, I think the Past Times shop has closed down, sure it was only there for a run up to Christmas the year before last.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2012, 05:30:05 pm »
Don;t all rush at once,i only wanted a few ideas. :'(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2012, 05:38:21 pm »
It's a tricky one. The businesses that benefit the most are cafes, but are any of them big enough to fork out whatever it costs to be main sponsor? Perhaps if you had various levels of sponsorship and named the figure they needed to pay, businesses might step forward a bit more?

Offline dwsi

« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2012, 07:07:01 pm »
Below is a COPY and PASTE from Gwynedd Councils
EVENT PLANNING HELP NOTES
Prepared by Gwynedd Council Events Unit
I hope this is of help of some kind

GRANTS - (Start looking for grants as soon as possible at least 9 months before your event)
Start looking for grants as soon as possible and make sure you note their deadlines and how long it will take for your application for support to be assessed.
Search thoroughly for suitable funding avenues – The event needs to find schemes with criteria matching the type of festival or event.Also remember to prepare a business plan that includes a marketing plan.
There are many bodies and charities which award grants to a wide variety of people and groups. Grant awarding bodies and trusts have to be sure that the money they may award to your event is going to be put to good use.
They will have to be sure that yours is a sound organisation with a good structure and a real understanding of what it is doing.You should have an established committee and a bank account before applying for grants. It is useful too to have a ‘business plan’ that gives the information grant awarding bodies need in a professional format, though most bodies will still ask you to fill in one of their own forms.You can also find information and templates for business plans on fs4b.wales web site.
TIP
Don’t depend on getting grants.Try to make your event self-funding, particularly if you’re thinking of running the event in future years. Simply by searching under ‘Grants’ on the Internet you may be able to find grants that could be available to your event.Any awarding body will ask to acknowledge the source of the grant on any publicity material or literature you produce.
Below are details of some organisations who either distribute information on funding or who administer grants for which you may be able to apply:-
Arts Council for Wales - Awards for All A lottery grant scheme for local communities.
Directory of Social Change (DSC)
is a good place to start looking for trusts to which you may be able to apply.The DSC produces useful Publications, such as:-
The Directory of Grant Making Trusts
A Guide to Major Trusts.Vols. 1,2 & 3.Visit their website to order these.
GRANTfinder
The UK's leading searchable database on EU and UK Government grants and loans, charitable trusts and corporate sponsors.
Gwynedd Council
find information by visiting their websites – and search under ‘grants’.
National Association for Voluntary and Community Action
Including advice, information, funding, publications, training, events, news and resources. Includes a directory of local groups throughout the UK.
National Lottery
A joint website run by all Lottery funders in the UK.This site allows you to search information on current funding programmes across the UK.
Performing Rights Society (PRS) Foundation Awards
Funding for music at festivals.
Sports Council for Wales
Grants for Sporting Events
Voluntary Arts Wales (VAW)
VAW has a detailed funding section on funding for arts activity.Through them you can also sign up to received the Voluntary Arts Network(VAN) email newsletter which includes updates on funding.They also produce a whole series of free ‘briefing’ documents which include ‘Applying to trust funds’ and ‘How to write a successful funding application’.These are useful even if you are not an arts organisation!
Welsh Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA)
The WCVA has a regular email newsletter that gives updates on available funding.
Welsh Assembly Government Major Events Unit
TheWelshAssemblyGovernment MajorEventsUnitwillconsiderfinancialsupportofmajorevents in and visiting Wales - which meet their criteria.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2012, 08:33:46 pm »
Thanks dwsi,we are in the process of trying to change to a community gr,but this will take a few months(or years) so all the info you have given may apply to meantime iwas jung to get a few new ideas,there must be some large firm who would be glad to be our main sponsor.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2012, 09:26:45 pm »
The Gwynedd Council booklet can be downloaded here  http://bit.ly/QgJjcX

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #372 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:12 pm »
Thanks dwsi

Offline dwsi

« Reply #373 on: September 17, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »
I've done a bit more digging for you.
The Welsh Government have a major events unit which the extravaganza is definately one. There's a link to their site here :-  http://bit.ly/Pm14bL

and 2 links from the Visit Wales site  http://bit.ly/Ny9f6o and http://bit.ly/RkSAQw

Offline andrewstuart

« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2012, 12:34:01 pm »
The main benefactors are pubs, restaurants, cafes, and anything that tourists need to keep them going. Hotels would be a good bet, as they would likely do very well. It totally depends how much you're after for a main sponser. A lot of businesses would like the exposure main sponser gives them, but may not have the funds available. One thing may be to split it up. Main sponser for one day would split the cost into thirds? You could try Asda or any big major retailers in the retail parks, but my guess is they hardly see the benefit, being quite far out.