Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 174998 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #345 on: May 14, 2012, 08:43:20 am »
Good answer Wrex.

That question ranks alongside the most annoying ones I hear when I am working.

Those being, ''How much do you take in here mate?''

Or ..... ''I bet you do alright, I'll give you £1 for this item that costs £2.99..''

I always wonder what response they would get asking the same question in Asda....... or Cafe Culture!  :o

Glad it isn't only me who gets annoyed with these people.
We get them in the Charity Shop----" I'll give you a pound for that love" for a Wedgewood dish priced at £4  and I have actually seen people trying to pull buttons off blouses so as to ask for a reduction, let alone pocketing goods.
Where do these people think money comes from if we don't raise it? I have made one or two people think twice, by just quietly saying " I'm sorry, but I am only a volunteer, shall I get the manageress?" They usually slink away muttering.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:26 am »
I always wonder what response they would get asking the same question in Asda....... or Cafe Culture!  :o
I doubt they would get a positive reception.  :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2012, 08:50:03 am »
These people operate some of the bigger rides at the Extravaganza:
http://www.nkattractions.com/Mach1.html

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2012, 09:18:39 am »
I would just like to thank DaveR for his help with the website,it was much appreciated.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2012, 10:18:22 am »
I think for what Dave Roberts does to help promote the town with this website he should be given the honour of carrying the Olympic Torch partly through Llandudno and probably past Caffe Nero.   

The problem is DaveR would refuse because he will much prefer to take photos of the event.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2012, 11:51:38 am »
Bri do you really think DaveR could run past Fat Cat,Cafe Nero without calling in, and that would be a fire risk

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2012, 01:30:45 pm »
On this years event i think it went quite well cosidering the time we had to put it on,all members pulled together and praise has to co to Barney and Gaynor Baker for the hard work they put in,Alan Guinn,Daive Mann and all members.As for next year we can now sort out things that looked wrong on Mostyn st ,the programme,entertainment,the steam,marketing,CCBC involvement and most important is trying to invole younger volunteers to keep the event going.

Offline edwin

« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2012, 01:15:17 am »
Hello

Can I ask why the fair, is becoming less Victorian?

I also have noted that the Steam Engines are all now parked up in one spot, on the edge of town, I heard lots of the Viewing public asking why this was, whilst attending to the engine.  In previous years there has been engines spread throughout the town, this would help it feel more victorian, as well as some of the old time rides and stalls, the hand opperated street organs, maybe even a Organ powered by a Steam Engine?  There used to be one on the Prom, but in the town it would sound awesome.

Other Question I have is why more exhibits are not parked up on the Prom, what a wonderful place to view exhibits.. vith a victorian back drop for pictures.

Don't get me wrong I love the Extravaganza, just I have been wondering the above for a while now.

Best Regards

Edwin

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2012, 09:24:18 pm »
We have tried to make the town hall the Steam hub,but we could try and move a few more around,i think money has been an issue so there have been less organs but this year i hope to se a few more coming into town.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #354 on: July 31, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »
A Steam Organ on the Prom was always very popular.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42:44 pm »
I think for what Dave Roberts does to help promote the town with this website he should be given the honour of carrying the Olympic Torch partly through Llandudno and probably past Caffe Nero.   

The problem is DaveR would refuse because he will much prefer to take photos of the event.
Just seen this comment for the first time...thanks Bri!  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #356 on: July 31, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »
Oh God....  :puke2: :puke2:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #357 on: July 31, 2012, 09:59:04 pm »
c,mon fes credit were its due

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #358 on: July 31, 2012, 10:02:52 pm »
Maybe we should erect a solid gold 50ft high statue to him on the Prom?   :laugh:

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »
Maybe we should erect a solid gold 50ft high statue to him on the Prom?   :laugh:
Come on now, let's not be silly. 30ft would be high enough.  :laugh: