Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561081 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2011, 09:50:29 pm »
OOOhhh, my lovely Pendragon. Ive just looked at this thread for the first time in a couple of days. I read it downwards, came across my snipit about non smoking job centres, next I read Festers complementary remarks.  "I THOUGHT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME!!!   Oh dear. What a let down. Mike

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2011, 10:02:08 pm »
very determined, reliable, intelligent and hard-working person.

C'mon he was obviously talking about me  ;D :-* :twoface:
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2011, 11:08:57 pm »
Heard about this job opportunity on the radio today. http://www.movehut.co.uk/blog/uk-job-seekers-race-to-commercial-property-role

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2011, 11:25:43 am »
Heard about this job opportunity on the radio today

Now that sounds like the job for me  :D  All I need now is a cheap driving instructor.  :laugh:

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2011, 11:27:53 am »
The calendar on the forum say's Mothers day is this week?  I was thinking nice one, this year we get two but alas it wasn't to be, I'll just have to buy my own chocolates and flowers.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: May 07, 2011, 11:35:23 am »
It's a U.S. calendar, so is not much use to us. I have disabled the bit that shows U.S. bank holidays etc.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #306 on: May 07, 2011, 11:40:49 am »
Nah I wasn't moaning Dave, I was more disappointed there wasn't two this year  D)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2011, 03:10:48 pm »
The calendar on the forum say's Mothers day is this week?

Sorry;  I should have removed all the US references...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2011, 09:58:10 pm »
A few posts back Dave wrote "keep them coming" to me, after a true story from 1957. So--here we go. In the early 1980s I worked for the new born National Express. This was like an ordinary bus service, passengers got on and off, but over much longer distances. The passenger didnt have to book, the driver didnt know really where anyone was getting off, nor getting on come to that. So there I was, driving from Sheffield heading towards Manchester and North Wales. Stopped at Stocksbridge, around 8 miles west of Sheffield. Next stop, Denton, east of Manchester---the other side of the Pennines.
    This is going to be hard, now, without facial expressions and tones of voice. But I'll do my best. This old fellow appears by my left elbow. "D r i v e r. What---have you done---with my WIFE?""  Me:  Err,err -- Pardon. "I said WHAT --- HAVE YOU DONE --- WITH MY WIFE?"  Me: Well----I'm not too sure---what you're talking about. Old man. " Well you stopped up the road and my Wife got off to go to the toilet ---- and I hav'ent seen her since." The last stop was Stokesbridge, 20 miles back, and the other side of the Pennines.  Excuse the language, but my mind went "Oh doggy doos."  Did she tell me she only wanted to go to the toilet? knowing full well she hadnt. Passenger. I dont know, ---but you could see she wanted to go to the toilet. Im not sure to this day what he meant by that.
    I dont even remember how I got around that problem, 40 passengers wanting to go to M/C N Wales and the prospect of turning back 40 miles. Believe it or not we solved similar problems every day, no mobile phones, no one superior to ask, but a lot of laughs in later years when we went over our experiences. Mike

Offline Trojan

« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2011, 10:08:24 pm »
The calendar on the forum say's Mothers day is this week?

Sorry;  I should have removed all the US references...

I found it useful.  ??? I can't buy cards here in March.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2011, 10:25:52 pm »
Did she tell me she only wanted to go to the toilet? knowing full well she hadnt. Passenger. I dont know, ---but you could see she wanted to go to the toilet. Im not sure to this day what he meant by that.

L0L Good story Mike.

I used to go down to London often in the 1980's on the National Express Rapide coaches - which normally had a toilet at the rear. The service also had a female 'hostess' to bring drinks and light refreshments to the passengers. The 'hostess' has a small 'galley' area opposite the toilet.

Well, to cut a long story short, there I was standing-up relieving myself, trying not to wet the floor due to the motion of the vehicle, when all of a sudden the coach made a sharp turn and the toilet door flew open.

Myself and the 'hostess' exchanged glances  :o before she suddenly dropped her tray of tea and club biscuits all over the floor.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2011, 11:48:58 pm »
there I was standing-up relieving myself, trying not to wet the floor

call me sad but now's the time to explain yrself  xx

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #312 on: May 09, 2011, 07:44:29 am »
Well, to cut a long story short, there I was standing-up relieving myself, trying not to wet the floor due to the motion of the vehicle, when all of a sudden the coach made a sharp turn and the toilet door flew open.
Myself and the 'hostess' exchanged glances  :o before she suddenly dropped her tray of tea and club biscuits all over the floor.

Was it something frightened her?    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2011, 10:18:03 am »
Looks as though the Fuel Protest Blockade was a waste of time:

"A spokesman for Shell, which runs Stanlow, said the site had not been blockaded by the demonstrators. He added: “The protest today has had no effect on operations.”"

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/05/09/fuel-protest-go-slow-brings-a55-to-crawl-in-north-wales-55578-28657934/

The unfortunate thing was that the threat of traffic jams deterred many people from travelling yesterday and several businesses said that Llandudno was a lot quieter than a usual Sunday.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2011, 12:35:39 am »
there I was standing-up relieving myself, trying not to wet the floor

call me sad but now's the time to explain yrself  xx

I was taking a leak due to copious amounts of Bass Charington.  $yes$