Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 560938 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #330 on: May 17, 2011, 02:07:43 am »

Do church yards wait a given time and re-use the sacred ground, this is a possibility, it could have been common place to do so in the past but in this day and age it would be considered out of the question perhaps.  I know that a lot of people were cremated but not all.  So where are they?

There were a few running around Llandudno recently.  8)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2011, 09:01:30 pm »
A new bit of useless chatter. Have you ever wondered how much time in life you waste waiting at traffic lights? And, going on from that, have you ever wondered how much time you wast UNNECESSARILY at traffic lights? I have, I know several examples, but one that will be known to all of you. The lights at Asda Llandudno and at the entrance/exit to the Debenhams retail area. Drive from let us say the Grand Theatre towards Llandudno, wait at the lights, they turn to green. So head towards Llandudno. If you are the first, second, third car O.K.  But if you are the fourth, the "Debenhams" lights will turn to red in front of you. Makes no difference if there is any traffic, pedestrians etc going in or out or anywhere. You are going to wait for 40 seconds for nothing. These two sets of lights are obviously linked, and I assume that this delay is to prevent traffic building up as you go towards Bog island. Anyone ever seen it building up there? NO. (except when all Llandudno is locked up, and then it doesent matter, nothing is moving) Mike

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2011, 09:46:45 pm »
You should worry....here (Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth) we have main roads (like the A12) across bridges - which are raised to let the shipping, or the leisure yachts, to get through. You've never experienced a traffic build up - even a summer gridlock in Llandudno - unless you've been through Lowestoft when the bridge is up. It even beats Llanfairfechan to Conwy before the tunnel!!!!!!! ^*^0

Bezaz, this is an excellent coffee house in spite of the difficulty getting here through the traffic lights. I see Dr Johnson in the corner conversing with Dick Lewis and over there, there's my man Steinbeck with Doc and Lemmy. And just coming in, and I'm waving them over, Peter Ackroyd with Claire Tomalin, Johnny Tolky (accompanied by Legolas no less), Giles Wintebourne - good to see him I was told he was dead - and, bless my soul, Gerald of Wales. A very interesting cup indeed (large americano with cold milk on the side). 8) 
Micox

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2011, 10:39:50 pm »
Only slightly related to Micox last entry... I worked for Unilever on their Birds Eye Pea harvesting computer systems in Lowestoft and Hull. (Unfortunately closed in 2010 I believe). The aim was to get the peas from being harvested to being in the freezers within 2 and 1/2 hours ("Birds Eye Pea Promise"). The growing and harvesting was run with military precision. Farmers were organised to stagger their planting and could say to within 12 hours when their crops were going to be ready to go. The systems seemed to centre around ensuring, by whatever means including presetting traffic lights,  that none of the wagons got held up on their way from the fields to the hoppers. As manager of the IT  we were always told exactly in £000's what 1 hours down time would cost the company. No pressure there then. It's a few years ago now  but just as people have nightmares about taking exams without having revised I still have nightmares about this time of year as the pea harvesting season is about to start and still can't walk past the freezer cabinet in Asda without looking to see if the Birds Eye peas are in there.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2011, 10:54:17 pm »
Only slightly related to Micox last entry... I worked for Unilever on their Birds Eye Pea harvesting computer systems in Lowestoft and Hull. (Unfortunately closed in 2010 I believe). The aim was to get the peas from being harvested to being in the freezers within 2 and 1/2 hours ("Birds Eye Pea Promise"). The growing and harvesting was run with military precision. Farmers were organised to stagger their planting and could say to within 12 hours when their crops were going to be ready to go. The systems seemed to centre around ensuring, by whatever means including presetting traffic lights,  that none of the wagons got held up on their way from the fields to the hoppers. As manager of the IT  we were always told exactly in £000's what 1 hours down time would cost the company. No pressure there then. It's a few years ago now  but just as people have nightmares about taking exams without having revised I still have nightmares about this time of year as the pea harvesting season is about to start and still can't walk past the freezer cabinet in Asda without looking to see if the Birds Eye peas are in there.

...and that, in a nutshell is why I left the Rat Race behind! 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #335 on: May 20, 2011, 09:03:58 pm »
Better if you had written peapod than nutshell

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: May 20, 2011, 09:34:05 pm »
I'm a bit annoyed. it's my Birthday on Sunday but it appears that the World is ending tomorrow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13468131

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #337 on: May 20, 2011, 09:40:44 pm »
Damn, and the Banks are closed stopping me running up an even bigger O/D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2011, 11:37:26 pm »
I'm a bit annoyed. it's my Birthday on Sunday but it appears that the World is ending tomorrow:

But on the positive side, this revelation will save me having to buy you a beer, and don't bother ironing a shirt for work on Monday!  D)
Fester...

Offline Paddy

« Reply #339 on: May 21, 2011, 03:04:38 am »

I'm sure Facebookers will be likeing "that awkward moment on Sunday when everyone is still alive".

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #340 on: May 21, 2011, 07:29:51 am »

Firstly, Happy Birthday for Sunday Dave! Will you be celebrating by doing the 10 mile run around Llandudno?

I noticed that the Rapture after party that is being held to mark the end of the world is in North Carolina.
There are some lovely places there but I had the misfortune to work for a time in one of the worst ones.

On one trip over I took with me a secretary from the office in the UK. She was excited about going to the US because she had never been before.
When we got to the car hire desk, the guy said to us, "where y'all goin?"
I replied, "Union"
He said, Y'all goin for buisness or pleasure?"
I said, "business".
He said, "I sure as hell knew you weren't goin for pleasure".

I don't think I have to tell you what the facial expression of my poor friend looked like!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #341 on: May 21, 2011, 09:46:50 am »
Firstly, Happy Birthday for Sunday Dave! Will you be celebrating by doing the 10 mile run around Llandudno?

Thank you...and no!  ;D

Offline hollins

« Reply #342 on: May 21, 2011, 12:34:11 pm »

Dave,
Looks like you might be opening your presents after all!

Inhabitants of New Zealand, scheduled to be among the first to meet the apocalypse according to a US fundamentalist preacher, this morning confirmed they were still in existence as the appointed time was reached in their time zone.

There were also unconfirmed reports that Tonga has, thus far, failed to boil into the Pacific.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #343 on: May 21, 2011, 01:48:03 pm »
Happy Birthday Dave

Hope we are all still here by then-- the wind is rising !!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #344 on: May 22, 2011, 01:54:18 am »

I noticed that the Rapture after party that is being held to mark the end of the world is in North Carolina.
There are some lovely places there but I had the misfortune to work for a time in one of the worst ones.

On one trip over I took with me a secretary from the office in the UK. She was excited about going to the US because she had never been before.
When we got to the car hire desk, the guy said to us, "where y'all goin?"
I replied, "Union"
He said, Y'all goin for buisness or pleasure?"
I said, "business".
He said, "I sure as hell knew you weren't goin for pleasure".

I don't think I have to tell you what the facial expression of my poor friend looked like!

Dave... North Carolina.... is surely FLAIR Country!!!   WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  !!
Fester...