Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 560962 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2011, 07:30:01 pm »
Ego post, me shouting in boastful fashion, not at all sure whether anyone is interested or not but   ---  but  --- TODAY I PASSED THE IAM DRIVING TEST.              (well at least some one will know)  Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2011, 07:33:00 pm »
I was going to put this post in the 3 towns arms thread but I thought alcohol and the IAM dont mix Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2011, 07:35:41 pm »
Well Done, Mike!  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2011, 08:01:17 pm »
Ego post, me shouting in boastful fashion, not at all sure whether anyone is interested or not but   ---  but  --- TODAY I PASSED THE IAM DRIVING TEST.              (well at least some one will know)  Mike

Congrats Mike.     &well&   
Now you want to try and get the RoSPA Gold Award!
(And if you're interested I am a local Tutor!)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2011, 10:34:13 pm »
Thanks Yorkie for the kind offer but I think I will give taking driving instructions a break for a bit. Only as a joke I might add that I want to rest and go back to normal driving for a while.  Mike

Offline Trojan

« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2011, 04:10:14 am »
  ^*^0

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #321 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:15 am »
Well done, young man :-)))

ZXZ
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #322 on: May 13, 2011, 03:43:01 pm »
Well done Mike. xx
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline crd

« Reply #323 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:48 am »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #324 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:10 am »
Very good, what program do you use?  $good$

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #325 on: May 16, 2011, 11:16:33 am »
North Wales church yards are running out of space to bury the dead.  

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/05/16/north-wales-churchyards-running-out-of-space-to-bury-the-dead-55578-28699491/

This story got me thinking, churches such as St Marys have been around since the 12th century,  St Benedicts in Gyffin may be older than that.  Yet when you go and look at the graves in both these church yards the majority of them date from the early 1800s onwards.  Off the top of my head I think I've seen one or two which date from the 1700s and only those buried inside the churches date any earlier.  Which begs the question where is everybody else buried?  Where are all the people who lived in Conwy throughout the 13th century up until the 17th century.  Four hundred years worth of people vanished......where?  This question could be asked in all parishes throughout Britain I suppose.  
So what happened?  Were they all buried in long forgotten unmarked graves?  If this is the case I find it hard to believe that not a single person was important enough to warrant a headstone of some sort, even the dead in the Neolithic age used stone markers, you only have to see the Cairns and tombs to realise how they revered the dead.
Are our dead up on the mountains, surely not all of them.  
Do church yards wait a given time and re-use the sacred ground, this is a possibility, it could have been common place to do so in the past but in this day and age it would be considered out of the question perhaps.  I know that a lot of people were cremated but not all.  So where are they?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #326 on: May 16, 2011, 11:17:59 am »
Excellent picture Crd  $walesflag$

If your Welsh why do you have an Irish avatar?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline crd

« Reply #327 on: May 16, 2011, 11:51:12 am »
Very good, what program do you use?  $good$

I use Photoshop CS5 Dave, A little retirement hobby been using it for about 12 months.
I found it Very hard to get my head around it but I think I have mastered the basics but so much to learn on this software

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #328 on: May 16, 2011, 06:40:32 pm »
It's certainly very powerful software. I use Photoshop Elements 7.0 and Lightroom 2.0, between them I think I use about 5% of their capabilities!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2011, 11:30:36 pm »
Isn't that always the case with Software packages?

I have been an avid user of Microsoft Excel and Access for all the years that they have existed.
But I realise that there must be at least 90% of the functionality of both that I have never used... (nor do I know how to)

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -