Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028933 times)

Cordyline and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2220 on: July 03, 2014, 09:54:40 pm »
The Cottage Loaf.

For the first time since it's extension was built, we decided to try the food in The Cottage Loaf last night.

I had heard very good reviews about it, and we were not disappointed.  It really is fantastic.

I ordered the Menai Mussels, in the main course size at £9.95,  I have never seen the like... it was ENORMOUS!
I needed THREE separate bowls to put the empty shells in.  The garlicky, coconut and chilli cream sauce was superb.
Mrs F had the Steak and Conwy Ale pie,  it was equally superb.

We were ogling the different meals on adjacent tables,  (Seabass, the Steak Burger etc..) .. and those people were checking out ours.  It really is the best pub/restaurant food I have had in N Wales.

We have booked again for Saturday night,  I can't wait!    $dins$ $dins$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2221 on: July 20, 2014, 07:37:43 pm »
We went to Hickorys Smokehouse in Rhos last night for Dinner and decided to sit at the bar style seats overlooking the kitchen area. It was fascinating to see a busy kitchen at work, a constant array of mouth watering meals being prepared. We had the Ribeye steak, it was fantastic! Have to say that both the service and standard of food was superb, great to see such a professionally run business.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2222 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:25 pm »
great place for children and if you like hustle and bustle but when i go to eat i prefer a little less madness,but great food nice popcorn.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2223 on: July 20, 2014, 09:24:25 pm »
great place for children and if you like hustle and bustle but when i go to eat i prefer a little less madness,but great food nice popcorn.

How was La Taverna last night Wrex??   

I have to say that The Seahorse was FANTASTIC!    $dins$ $dins$ $dins$
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2224 on: July 21, 2014, 06:51:40 am »
Good as always Fester,could you imagine the Mediteranean having a good name,it would be heaving such a waste.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2225 on: July 21, 2014, 11:54:16 am »
I had the most fantastic Fillet Steak last night.  It was from specially bred Highland Cattle, and was succulent and tender, literally melted in the mouth.   Cooked and served by the resident Chef at Chez Yorkie! 
    $lol$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2226 on: July 21, 2014, 05:37:43 pm »
Where are we up to with the Parade,is it a nice venture or a cheap one,not a lot been said,although it is taking longer than the Washington

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2227 on: July 22, 2014, 01:15:40 am »
Where are we up to with the Parade,is it a nice venture or a cheap one,not a lot been said,although it is taking longer than the Washington

Yorkie, that is not helpful, and belongs on the 'blowing my own trumpet' thread.

Wrex... judging by the length of time being taken over the Parade, and the very nice decor I have seen being created, it would suggest that it might be something good this time?? 
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2228 on: July 24, 2014, 12:42:01 am »
Had a blissful evening on the Terrace outside The Deganwy Quay hotel this evening.

Not a breath of wind, sultry warm, and spoilt for choice as which view to watch.... the illuminated Conwy Castle or the idyllic view in the mouth of the estuary as the sun goes down.

Had a fantastic meal too.   A sharer platter of grilled lamb. beef, chicken.... dips etc, of the highest quality.

Yes it's pricy for drinks,  I'm glad it's pricey..... because it's worth every penny and more.

One of those nights when one is grateful to be alive, and living in this area.
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2229 on: July 24, 2014, 08:11:59 am »

Yorkie, that is not helpful, and belongs on the 'blowing my own trumpet' thread.

I will, no doubt, be amongst other distinguished Members of the Forum, who shall remain un-named, and un-shamed!   
 _))*
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2230 on: July 25, 2014, 01:39:11 am »
Been drinking tonight.... well, Mrs Fester is away working, so what is a man supposed to do?

Before I sober up, I would just like to point out what a great night I had,  what great local characters helped me in my mission, and (apart from no nightclub) what a great array of pubs of all types there are to 'invest' in!

I had a very civilised drink in the Gresham,  some pleasant tapas with that.    Then a raucous hour involving me singing some karaoke in Cooneys.   A nice pint of Wrex in The Snowdon.
Another civilised pint in The Queen Vic,   then back to The Gresh for some beers on the terrace.

A walk home up the Gt Orme has not yet shaken the cobwebs out..... and I am looking for something to stick in the microwave,
Where is the microwave by the way??

We are lucky to have so many sociable pubs and characters in this town....   Goodnight. (hic)
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2231 on: July 27, 2014, 09:59:58 pm »
Any news onthe Washington or the Parade,both dragging their feet.Suprised the Royal has;nt been sold to our Jewish friends.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2232 on: July 27, 2014, 11:47:54 pm »
No news on The Parade..

But, The Queen Vic held a 'farewell' party tonight for Tom and Carol,  and I hear that the family who run Badger's Tea Room in the Shopping Centre are taking the Vic from now.

In the last few weeks though, the many hoteliers from Church Walks, who drink in The Vic have all moved en-masse to The Snowdon.
This is because Tom and Carol BARRED the lot of them, in extremely strange circumstances.... involving recording the conversations they were having in the bar!    Hmmm.
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2233 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:53 am »
Any news onthe Washington or the Parade,both dragging their feet.Suprised the Royal has;nt been sold to our Jewish friends.

Or Anglicam, Muslim, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Presbiterian, Baptist, Budhist, Mormon, or any other religious sect or faith!  Maybe an Agnostic will grab the place and turn it into a Strip Club! 
 _))*
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2234 on: July 28, 2014, 08:50:02 am »

Last year many of our Jewish friends were staying at the closed down Royal, their children were in the garden, but they seem to have gone elsewhere.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.