Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028863 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1515 on: June 23, 2013, 08:14:42 pm »
Very true Yorkie,we will keep going to Indulgence because we like it,people who don;t can go else where,please keep us informed about the next place you try.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1516 on: June 24, 2013, 07:27:38 am »
Very true Yorkie,we will keep going to Indulgence because we like it,people who don;t can go else where,please keep us informed about the next place you try.

Better you go to Trip Advisor, there you can view many other opinions alongside mine, some true, some false, and many accurate reflections of the peoples experience "at the time"!  Actually, most are good, but that does not change what I experienced.   :D

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g190724-d2252867-r156639503-Indulgence_Cafe-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1517 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:12 am »
Being fair, Trip Advisor does have it 'Ranked #7 of 136 restaurants in Llandudno', which is pretty good.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1518 on: June 24, 2013, 10:46:44 am »
Being fair, Trip Advisor does have it 'Ranked #7 of 136 restaurants in Llandudno', which is pretty good.

Quite true.  Repeat - my comments reflect MY experience. 
Next time, if there is a next time, may be different!
 $drink$
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1519 on: June 24, 2013, 04:55:18 pm »
I'm with Yorkie - what's the point in setting up a topic all about establishments of Llandudno and then getting vexed when somebody dares to criticise the ones you like.

I don't know much about resturants myself - not of that much interest to me but I think if Llandudno had a Nandos it would do really, really well. The other eating establishments I've experienced around here in that proce range or nowhere near that quality.

A dominoes pizza and a Primark would also be do very well in their respective fields

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1520 on: June 24, 2013, 04:58:05 pm »
No-one's getting vexed, I don't think, merely pointing out that they had a substantially better experience than Yorkies in that particular cafe? It's only fair to the business owner to point that out, I think?

Dominos have been looking for suitable premises in Llandudno but nothing has turned up so far.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1521 on: June 24, 2013, 07:55:03 pm »
B2r - no problems with me, or with Dave's comments.  We have been exchanging views on cafes etc. even before 3towns came on the scene.  I'm sure we respect each others views, on this or any other subject.    $thanx$ for the support anyway.   :D
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1522 on: June 24, 2013, 08:06:47 pm »
No-one knows a toasted teacake better than Yorkie.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1523 on: June 24, 2013, 08:11:28 pm »
Has Mick announced his grand opening of Dr Jonses bar & grill.

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1524 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:06 pm »

Better you go to Trip Advisor, there you can view many other opinions alongside mine, some true, some false, and many accurate reflections of the peoples experience "at the time"!  Actually, most are good, but that does not change what I experienced.   :D

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g190724-d2252867-r156639503-Indulgence_Cafe-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html

After reading your reviews, I was wondering why you don't give the 'nicer' eateries a review, you know, just to balance things up! ;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1525 on: June 25, 2013, 06:36:19 am »

After reading your reviews, I was wondering why you don't give the 'nicer' eateries a review, you know, just to balance things up! ;D

If you have been following me for the last few years you will have seen that I do strike a reasonable balance in my critique of eating establishments.  Only a few postsc ago I did make reference to two English fine diners (sic), namely Quaglinos and Le Quatre Saison.  One can also have one of the best Indian meals in the UK at Veeraswamies which has been open for more years than I can remember!  Locally, i have praised, and criticised, many cafes and restaurants, and on each occasion I believe my commefnts have been fair and reflected the experience I had at the time.

If there is any particular place you would like me to try, let me know!
 Z**
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1526 on: June 25, 2013, 06:48:40 am »
Top Table in Lloydd st please Yorkie.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1527 on: June 25, 2013, 08:24:24 am »
Top Table in Lloydd st please Yorkie.

Now - how much of your money would you like me to invest in the exercise?   I will produce a personalised report for you, a couple of days prior to general release.    ;)
Cicero

Offline Linda

« Reply #1528 on: June 25, 2013, 10:09:47 am »

If you have been following me for the last few years you will have seen that I do strike a reasonable balance in my critique of eating establishments.  Only a few postsc ago I did make reference to two English fine diners (sic), namely Quaglinos and Le Quatre Saison.  One can also have one of the best Indian meals in the UK at Veeraswamies which has been open for more years than I can remember!  Locally, i have praised, and criticised, many cafes and restaurants, and on each occasion I believe my commefnts have been fair and reflected the experience I had at the time.

If there is any particular place you would like me to try, let me know!
 Z**
Just to say many years ago I did have one of the best Indian meals a Veeraswamies in London. Just wish they had been a little generous with the heating in there as it was winter. Perhaps they thought the hot food would warm us up enough  :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:14:11 am by DaveR »

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1529 on: June 25, 2013, 01:10:28 pm »
We've both walked the walk down Swallow Street then!   The first Japanese restaurant opened in the same street just a few doors away, a place I thoroughly enjoyed going to.

Back to Wrex's request.  We visited Top Table just after 10 a.m. today and seated ourselves on the two leather settees on the left as you enter the place.  We were quickly attended to and served with a very nice cappuccino (for 'er indoors) and a latte for me.  Both were hot, plenty of froth and as good as most we have had in town.  We also ordered a couple of crumpets (a portion) to share.  Two napkins, each with a knife were placed at the opposite end of the table, and eventually the two crumpets arrived on a single plate.  Butter drips through crumpets - fact of life - so as it was known we were sharing, another plate would have been welcome.  However, the crumpets were standard ones that one buys anywhere and were very enjoyable.  My wife's would have been more so had they had any honey.  I enjoy mine with just butter.

The Top Table is very welcoming with comfy seating and a varied menu for general snacking or simple meals.  Prices were also very reasonable for a town centre position.

The only down side was the screwed up and obviously used serviettes lying next to us on the window sill and the untidy mess of assorted business cards, brochures and even a leaflet for the 2013 Xmas Fair, alongside.

All in all apleasant and acceptable establishment.   :D
Cicero