Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028617 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2865 on: September 16, 2015, 09:11:43 am »
Looks like we may be getting a Rubens coffee shop below Travelodge,they seem to have 8 shops all in the merseyside area,look quite nice.

How much overpriced coffee can one town consume  :o

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2866 on: September 16, 2015, 10:34:39 am »
Looks like we may be getting a Rubens coffee shop below Travelodge,they seem to have 8 shops all in the merseyside area,look quite nice.

How much overpriced coffee can one town consume  :o
A great deal, it would seem. The cafes and coffee shops seemed far busier than the actual shops in town this Summer.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2867 on: September 16, 2015, 12:18:39 pm »
And pubs  Z**

I will never understand it

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2868 on: September 16, 2015, 07:29:35 pm »
there you go then,get out of the pub and into Srarbucks

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2869 on: September 16, 2015, 08:36:29 pm »
DaveR lets not get fussy now,jobs.one less empty unit ,and more coffee for everyone

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2870 on: September 17, 2015, 08:41:48 am »
DaveR lets not get fussy now,jobs.one less empty unit ,and more coffee for everyone
It's a WIN-WIN situation!  :laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2871 on: September 17, 2015, 04:20:22 pm »
Had a few beers around town last night, the only place which was busy was The Snooze bar.
Every table was taken, almost all were eating meals.  It really is a great addition to Llandudno.

Everywhere else (pubwise) was literally deserted.   It was a lovely night in September, so it was pretty disappointing.
Everywhere open, loads of staff / doormen.. no customers.

Eventually, we went to The Asia,  we were the only ones in, so the service was swift.
Once again, we had a fantastic meal, I can only continue to recommend it.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline spotty dog

• Management board member
« Reply #2872 on: September 17, 2015, 07:00:17 pm »
What's  going  on at the Cambridge  restaurant  ,two members of staff  have not been  paid excuse  is restaurant  is going into liquidation  .There  mothers have been to see management and were given same excuse

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2873 on: September 18, 2015, 08:41:09 am »
What's  going  on at the Cambridge  restaurant  ,two members of staff  have not been  paid excuse  is restaurant  is going into liquidation  .There  mothers have been to see management and were given same excuse
It's been up for sale for a while now. What a shame, that's no way to treat the staff.  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2874 on: September 18, 2015, 03:14:18 pm »

If that were happening to my kids, I'd be removing items to the value of !!  *punch*
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2875 on: September 19, 2015, 08:05:51 am »
Enjoyed a meal in the Mediteraenian last nite,we could not get into La Taverna so we always fall back to the Med.Not sure why this place has no locals but it is always good food.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2876 on: September 21, 2015, 09:33:52 am »
The Dinorben Arms in Bodfari is set to reopen:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/incoming/haunted-bodfari-dinolen-arms-re-10095843#rlabs=4%20rt$sitewide%20p$3
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2877 on: September 21, 2015, 09:42:04 am »
The Dinorben Arms in Bodfari is set to reopen:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/incoming/haunted-bodfari-dinolen-arms-re-10095843#rlabs=4%20rt$sitewide%20p$3
I saw that in the paper too, it's going to need a lot of money spending on it as the site is almost derelict now.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2878 on: September 22, 2015, 03:35:37 pm »
Just a warning :- My oh has just been to get his car M.O.T test done. Normally he walks over to Asda and has a coffee, but as it was belting it down he nipped into BHS café. It was absolutely filthy, every table littered with dirty crocks, the tables and chairs were filthy and the floor was as bad. At this point I might add that my OH is very outspoken, so when the supervisor, summoned by the staff arrived he took one look at her stained and grubby clothing and commented 'My God You're as bad.' I hate to think what goes on in that kitchen, as he said she looked as though she'd been rolling in the food !

I can just imagine the comments I would have received from CCBC if my 'food areas' had been in this state !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2879 on: September 22, 2015, 05:05:44 pm »
That place has a 5 star food hygiene rating which seems unbelievable     :o

It's also No119  out of 144  restaurants  in the best places to eat on trip advisor.    I wouldn't like to see No 120 and the others then     &shake&