Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1029064 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2055 on: February 20, 2014, 04:47:50 pm »
Who has bought the Parade then.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2056 on: February 20, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »
someone also said they heard the london opening again

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2057 on: February 20, 2014, 06:44:48 pm »
No London is still very much closed.
Apparently the way in which the owners closed the business in respect that they petitioned for an insolvency order on the business created a firewall between themselves and the brewery. Which means the brewery are unable to do much until they have bought all the fixtures and fittings to include equipment and machinery.
This means the brewery have to pay someone (probably the official receiver) some money before they can take possesion and find another mug to rip off.
So I guess that scuppers the variety of rumors of who thinks they think they know who is going to take up residency in upper mostyn street.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2058 on: February 20, 2014, 07:02:26 pm »
Someone has just told me the sun centre in rhyl has gone into liquidation

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2059 on: February 20, 2014, 10:27:28 pm »
Someone has just told me the sun centre in rhyl has gone into liquidation

Last week, The Sun Centre in Rhyl was listed for closure by Denbighshire Council...... but the very next day it was announced that a survey was to be undertaken (costing even more money), to see if it was viable to re-open it.

I don't the final outcome is known yet,  but like Venue Cymru, the Sun Centre is a massive financial burden for tax payers.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2060 on: February 20, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »
Yes that's right to my belief. I think what the person was trying to tell me was that the nova centre had gone and the meeting of creditors was to be held at the Sun Centre.
Think they got their story muckin fuddled.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/L-60782-1996204

CLWYD LEISURE LIMITED

(Company Number 04192428 )

Other Names of Company: Prestatyn Nova Centre; North Wales Bowls Centre

Registered office: 22 Parc Fforddlas, Rhyl LL18 2QD

Principal trading address: Rhyl Sun Centre, East Parade, Rhyl LL18 3AQ

Nature of Business: Leisure Facilities Operator

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2061 on: February 20, 2014, 11:18:42 pm »
I think that the Nova Centre (Prestatyn) and the Sun Centre, (Rhyl) were two of the three council leisure centres earmarked for closure.    Only the Sun Centre has thus far been given any glimmer of hope via this viability survey.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #2062 on: February 21, 2014, 10:14:23 am »
Last week, The Sun Centre in Rhyl was listed for closure by Denbighshire Council...... but the very next day it was announced that a survey was to be undertaken (costing even more money), to see if it was viable to re-open it.

I don't the final outcome is known yet,  but like Venue Cymru, the Sun Centre is a massive financial burden for tax payers.

The Sun Centre has been run by Clwyd Leisure Ltd, a private company (albeit one set up by Denbighshire Council), since 2001.  It's been fairly well known that Clwyd Leisure was poorly managed and it had been on the verge of extinction for many years.  Denbighshire Council used to provide funding to Clwyd Leisure but recently announcing they were cutting the amount they would give them in future and Clwyd Leisure promptly went kaput at which point they, and not Denbighshire Council, closed the Sun Centre.  Since then Clwyd Leisure have handed the keys back to Denbighshire Council who are now considering whether or not they can reopen it. 

I believe there's a plan to demolish the Sun Centre and build a new aquatics centre in it's place so chances are it's closed for good.  There was a rumour that a businessman who runs a number of water parks was interested in taking it over but that rumour seems to have quietly passed away.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #2063 on: February 21, 2014, 11:21:06 am »
Didn't Rhyl have some type of aquatic centre before and a floral garden and Pavillion.     Rhyl spends a lot of money on various projects but always seems to get them wrong.
The new pedestrian bridge does look good though and the cafe on the Kinmel Bay side is coming on well and should be open for the Summer season.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2064 on: February 21, 2014, 12:14:25 pm »
Didn't Rhyl have some type of aquatic centre before and a floral garden and Pavillion.     Rhyl spends a lot of money on various projects but always seems to get them wrong.
The new pedestrian bridge does look good though and the cafe on the Kinmel Bay side is coming on well and should be open for the Summer season.

Rhyl sea life centre - I'm sure it's still there

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #2065 on: February 21, 2014, 02:27:24 pm »
Rhyl Botanical Gardens is still going strong.  It's more of a community facility than a tourist attraction as it's a bit off the tourism track but it's very well used and a real asset to the town.  It's what Craig-y-Don Park & Community Centre should aspire to be like.

https://www.facebook.com/RhylBotanicalGardens

I'm not sure about a Pavillion other than the Pavillion Theatre which is still going strong - for now.  The fact it's joined onto the Sun Centre might be a bit of a problem if the Sun Centre does get demolished  :'(.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2066 on: February 23, 2014, 01:36:34 pm »
Rumour. Parade ...........> 147 

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2067 on: February 23, 2014, 01:48:09 pm »
as well as the plough

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2068 on: February 27, 2014, 08:54:07 am »
I see Delightful Cafe (corner of Mostyn St/Trinity Sq) has closed down and is shown as 'To Let'

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2069 on: February 27, 2014, 11:52:04 am »
Please DaveR finnd some positives.