Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1029790 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1020 on: August 13, 2012, 08:08:36 pm »
I see the corner of the canopy at Cafe Culture is propped up with an acroprop - has it been hit by something?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1021 on: August 13, 2012, 08:48:31 pm »
It was only 7 aug that i asked the question have CCBC held this up and less than a week later we hear they may have ,yet nobody bats an eyelid,what is wrong with this town,nobody seems to give a damn that we are governed by a bunch of idiots from the councillors too the council officials. Cock up after cock up,from Travelodge,to grass cutting,from clearing the main beach too building works on the prom at the hight of the season ,now to holding up a buisness that is trying to open in Llandudno,it goes on and on,CCBC have let Network rail and the Assembly take the mick out off our station project for 12 years while,Newport was rushed through for the Ryder cup,Swansea a brand new station,we let everybody walk all over us without a word,i suppose we get what we deserve.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1022 on: August 13, 2012, 09:03:09 pm »
No information or lack of contact between people happens in all areas of life,  Wrex!   After all we are all human.    :P
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1023 on: August 13, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »
Just spent the weekend in York and very nice too,every concievable chain there,some with two outlets,now im not comparing us with them but the fact that we can;t interest one restaurant too commit too Llandudno makes me wonder if CCBC have something to do with it,we know they have damaged a lot of projects in town so it just makes me wonder why not one seems to think we are worthy off their buisness.In York they encourage coaches and mobile homes too stay for the day by supplying special parking facilities,why make coaches leave brodway at the weekend whan we only get about 10 a day coming ,crazy but who  gives a fig what CCBC do to this town

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1024 on: August 13, 2012, 09:39:36 pm »
I know naff all about politics but I do find myself gobsmacked sometimes by by the totally A*** upwards approach of Cbeebies.  It just seems that no matter who you vote for locally once voted in it's a case of "right...blankets over heads...let's go get a free lunch."
There's a comment over on Oscars that made me think earlier:

"Conwy IS the "Sick Man of Wales "
Is Conwy Council absolutely "Not fit for purpose"

The setting up of Conwy Council is proving to have been a Political
"Con Job"
Can we have our money back or a least an apology
The people of Conwy deserve better!
A damn sight better

How can we change it though? If Conwy is just a nice building full of muppets then the orders will invariably come from way over our heads....which is why things have got worse maybe?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1025 on: August 13, 2012, 10:25:16 pm »
After talking with a local businessman earlier, we both came to the conclusion that the planning issues problem with the American Disaster Restaurant sounds a bit fishy. If a precedent was previously set with it having restaurant use, then there is pretty much no way it can be refused even if a new planning application was required, therefore no reason not to open business.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1026 on: August 14, 2012, 11:27:18 am »
We discussed this issue and our thoughts were the same. Planning surely wasn't needed??
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1027 on: August 14, 2012, 11:32:40 am »
There are, of course, many other reasons why a business fails to get under-way, apart from Planning Approval.    :D

Such could be the case here.    ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1028 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42:48 am »
Latest set of Planning Applications are available. No mention of the American Disaster?

http://www.conwy.gov.uk/upload/public/attachments/514/appswk19.pdf

Offline nwpo

« Reply #1029 on: August 16, 2012, 03:50:29 pm »
Could there have been an objection to an alcohol license being issued?

Offline nwpo

« Reply #1030 on: August 16, 2012, 04:06:11 pm »
Just checked the licensing section of the website - last date for representations was on Tuesday, 14 August.

Hours of operation shown as:

Opening: Mon - Sun: 08.00 – 00.00
Alcohol: Mon - Sun: 11.00 – 00.00
Recorded Music: Mon - Sun: 09.00 – 00.00
Late Night Refreshments: Mon - Sun 23.00 – 00.00

I can imagine at least one objection purely on the grounds that to be honest Llandudno has enough establishments with alcohol licences already.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1031 on: August 16, 2012, 04:38:59 pm »
I think any objection has to be specifically related to one of the four licensing objectives.  If there's no objection then the licence is granted in the terms applied for.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1032 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49:19 pm »
I see the American Disaster Restaurant is still nowhere near opening - they have missed the entire Summer season. Why didn't they just open without the alcohol licence and get the benefit of the Summer trade? Interestingly, I believe the American Disaster's owner also owns Cafe Express in Llandudno.

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1033 on: August 31, 2012, 12:26:47 pm »
In that case i won`t be going there, took my grandson for lunch to Cafe Express a couple of weeks ago it was terrible, everything was either frozen or microwaved.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1034 on: September 10, 2012, 11:02:49 am »
Publishers Book Clearance have started an End of Lease sale. Does this mean that someone else has taken a proper lease on that shop? 8)

Staff were informed on Saturday they are now closing down.

All stock is reduced to £1 with a few items at 50p.