Author Topic: The 2011 Riots  (Read 70646 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
The 2011 Riots
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:54:31 pm »
When are the Police going to crack down hard on these scum in London? We have seen people losing their homes and businesses as a results of the actions of this vermin and it has to stop. It's time to use whatever means are necessary to restore order and make the morons understand that the rule of law will prevail. I only hope that all the lefties who spend their time verbally attacking the police are cowering in their homes in London behind a copy of the Guardian hoping that their homes don't get attacked - maybe they'll realise that they've been on the wrong side all this time?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:20:23 am by Ian »

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Scum
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:45:57 pm »
I felt the same, and back in  1981 I felt the same,   it seems that many completely pointless morons have been bred and they carry on doing the same, can't we put something in their water supply to stop it? Whatever their misguided protest against the police might be, it does not excuse burning homes and stealing 40" televisons $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »
It's time to use whatever means are necessary to restore order and make the morons understand that the rule of law will prevail

What - exactly - would you suggest?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 08:27:29 pm »
One of the hardest things to do is for the Police to "crack" down on these people and events.  It is nothing short of ORGANISED crime.  The initial actions and fires are diversionary tactics started by fanatics who think they are fighting for a purpose.  It is all a cover for the real crimes of looting and theft.   The "soldiers" are more often than not people under the influence of drugs willing to do almost anything to get their next fix.  The Barons are the ones controlling matters and will not even be seen on the street.

The intelligence passes around very quickly using modern technology and is not interceptable by the police, so a riot can be started in a new place almost within minutes.  By the time the Police hear the main damage has been done.

The Police are doing as well as they are able in very difficult circumstances.

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 08:59:42 pm »
It's time to use whatever means are necessary to restore order and make the morons understand that the rule of law will prevail

Well, let me answer that by asking you a question. What would you do if a mob was outside your house throwing rocks, threatening your family and trying to burn it down? Because that's the situation these poor buggers are in now.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:20:46 pm »
At the risk of repeating myself, this is NOT a time to be reducing police numbers, and resource.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:52:54 pm »
I was an eye witness to the Bradford riots in 2001, a sickening few nights, but the policing tactics after night one were very effective.

They mobilised large numbers of mounted officers, drafted in from several regions, and herded the rioters into dead end streets where they could do little harm.
When they were penned in, they were filmed attacking the police and these pictures were put in the local papers.
One by one, the vast majority of offenders were arrested over the next few months.
Once convicted they were given EIGHT YEARS in prison.

Strangely enough, despite increased serious social problems in Bradford,there were no more riots... ever.

Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 07:57:55 am »

Well, let me answer that by asking you a question. What would you do if a mob was outside your house throwing rocks, threatening your family and trying to burn it down? Because that's the situation these poor buggers are in now.

But that's not answering the question I posed, is it? There is a difference between what the individual does to protect their lives and property and what the first responders do in the same situation.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 08:02:49 am »
This is the act which may be invoked if the current wave of unrest increases. It makes for interesting reading.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 08:06:16 am »

But that's not answering the question I posed, is it? There is a difference between what the individual does to protect their lives and property and what the first responders do in the same situation.
Let me rephrase it then...what would you be happy for the Police to do to defend you if a mob was outside your house throwing rocks, threatening your family and trying to burn it down?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 08:14:08 am »
That's a nice political answer, Dave :-))  TV politics: always refuse to answer a direct question and try to turn in back on the questioner.    WWW

Here's an interesting fact: it's almost 30 years exactly since the last serious rioting took place across Mainland Britain.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 08:22:22 am »
At the end of the day, you are either on the side of Law & Order or the criminals.

What Ian doesn't want to say is he would be quite happy for the Police to use any means necessary if it was his family and home being attacked. Isn't that true, Ian?

I was heartened to see a Facebook friend of mine, who is as lefty as they come, say today:
"Never thought I'd see the day when I would say something like this, but... about time they got the army in to deal with the mindless thugs that are bringing hell to the residents of London at the moment. Absolutely disgusting that these yobs are getting away with it."
She's seen the light at last - hallelujah!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 08:38:34 am »
In previous episodes of civil unrest, they were quelled relatively quickly by high police numbers and stiff sentencing.
In other words those involved soon realised that there were consequences for what they were doing.

This time around it has spread, and will spread further as those involved have realised that there are NO consequences.
Until the Govt acts to make an example of those arrested, and maybe use the army, then it will no come under control.
Hang on a minute, the Govt are cutting army numbers too!  All this was entirely predictable.

I dread to think of the damage and cost before real measures are brought in to control it.

Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 09:30:36 am »
Makes one think that Gaddafi may be right!    WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 09:32:42 am »
What Ian doesn't want to say is he would be quite happy for the Police to use any means necessary if it was his family and home being attacked. Isn't that true, Ian?

I'm more than happy to answer your question, Dave, as soon as you've provided a  clear and unambiguous answer to the one I asked first.  There's a reason why we have Police, the courts and the Justice system; it's to deal with issues in a civilised way, rather than simply to extract revenge. You're the one who used the phrase "...by any means necessary" so I think the onus is on you to explain what you meant and not to repeatedly dodge the question, a bit like Teresa May did this morning.