Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663982 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6525 on: August 03, 2015, 11:20:19 am »
 In reply to Norman68 yes, and a weeks labour costs for one man would have been saved.
  I might add that there was previously a substantial rental charge to use the putting green. I know how much, but I don't think I should mention it here.
 If "Alice" is paying this rental, well my goodness they will have to get their skates on to even take it, never mind pay any wages and make a profit. In my opinion financially impossible

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6526 on: August 03, 2015, 12:33:18 pm »
In reply to Norman68 yes, and a weeks labour costs for one man would have been saved.
  I might add that there was previously a substantial rental charge to use the putting green. I know how much, but I don't think I should mention it here.
 If "Alice" is paying this rental, well my goodness they will have to get their skates on to even take it, never mind pay any wages and make a profit. In my opinion financially impossible
I doubt that putting green has made any real profit for years. Not a great location.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6527 on: August 04, 2015, 05:53:09 pm »
That sounds ridiculous to me! The coach is much better suited for that job!

Had a look on Tripadvisor re Landtrain ............
Reviewers report....
"There appear to be two land trains so the one I review travels around the Great Orme via Marine Drive, which has the sea to the right. The fare is £4 (Coach £6) and the conductor told me it took one hour with no further information. After only about 10 mins we stopped at a café for an announced 15 min break. On this particular day there was a high wind and it was cold so few people wanted to stand outside for the view of the sea. We could see plenty of that anyway. The stay was actually 25 mins and people seated near me agreed the stop was unnecessary and far too long. We continued around the Orme to the West Shore and back into town. The actual travelling time was only about 30 mins at the most. I was disappointed and I considered my trip was a 'rip off'"
Visited July 2015

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6528 on: August 04, 2015, 06:44:33 pm »
Good to see! The idea is so mad that you would expect it to be thought up by CCCB!  The coach is great, sheltered from  the wind and rain and a great commentary from the driver, we go on it at least once a year!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6529 on: August 04, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »
Good to see! The idea is so mad that you would expect it to be thought up by CCCB!  The coach is great, sheltered from  the wind and rain and a great commentary from the driver, we go on it at least once a year!

Can't blame them for trying, but I think they should be looking at their Shore to Shore route, the comments are not good, and they will end up with dissatisfied "one trip only" passengers ....and not repeat customers, not good for any business.....or Llandudno.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6530 on: August 07, 2015, 09:04:44 am »
There have been about about 5 vans and attached caravans parked up by the Paddling Pool at Craig Y Don all this week, right in front of signs banning overnight parking. Does anyone at CCBC enforce these rules, I wonder? The caravans are taking up 10+ parking spaces.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6531 on: August 07, 2015, 10:21:59 am »
Motorhomes move into the lay-bys in the Conwy valley every year to overnight on them. No one ever seems to notice.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6532 on: August 07, 2015, 10:41:34 am »
There have been about about 5 vans and attached caravans parked up by the Paddling Pool at Craig Y Don all this week, right in front of signs banning overnight parking. Does anyone at CCBC enforce these rules, I wonder? The caravans are taking up 10+ parking spaces.

They will be too busy looking for people dropping litter in Mostyn Street!  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6533 on: August 07, 2015, 10:51:47 am »
Aren't the people who own camp sites annoyed and complaining?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6534 on: August 07, 2015, 11:58:57 am »
It amazes me that some people are too tight to either book a B&B or at least pay to park their Motorhome in a  proper campsite.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6535 on: August 07, 2015, 12:15:13 pm »
It amazes me that some people are too tight to either book a B&B or at least pay to park their Motorhome in a  proper campsite.
I have noticed that a lot of them park over drain's and/or  tuck themselves into the far corner of Gloddaeth St car park.......which makes me wonder...... &shake&

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6536 on: August 07, 2015, 01:25:04 pm »
Exactly Steve H, I have wondered the same, where else would they dispose of their waste to put it politely ? They also park in the central reservation on Gloddaeth.............must be like sleeping on the M1 !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #6537 on: August 07, 2015, 08:42:42 pm »
I've seen the ones by the paddling pool -they have been there a few days and even saw washing hanging on the wall!!  Are they gypsies?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6538 on: August 09, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »
Countryfile (BBC1) tonight is in Llandudno.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #6539 on: August 09, 2015, 08:04:44 pm »
Blimey, you are going to be inundated with visitors! What a great plug for the town. You'd better cancel that retirement Fester.