Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664419 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6510 on: July 29, 2015, 02:38:18 pm »
I thought 'Wasting Police Time' was an offence?

What about the times I see him 'Disturbing The Peace' by having his music blaring out, I have had blind folks very upset and unsettled by him at times.

It's no big deal to me, but it's just worth pointing out that one person's harmless nutter is a menace to another.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6511 on: July 29, 2015, 04:42:16 pm »
Suprised nobody on here interested in the picnic that Ian Turner is organising on Happy Valley this Sunday?

"LLANDUDNO COMMUNITY PICNIC UPDATE:- As members of this group, I'm sure we all know that there are no car parking facilities within the Happy Valley Gardens.
On Sunday, please stroll or cycle up to the picnic. What we really don't want to happen is cause any congestion there with cars that shouldn't be there. If we all adhere to how we know vehicular access works up in the Happy Valley, we shouldn't have any problems.
We have to ensure that access up to and down from the Ski Slope is kept clear, which is only fair.
We also need to keep 'Alex Munro Way' clear of vehicles in case emergency vehicles need access. On that subject. In case of accidents, the St John Ambulance will be in attendance during the picnic. They will be situated in the pink and white gazebo.
This video clearly shows that double yellow lines are everywhere within the gardens."

Has been advertised on this Facebook page for ages

https://www.facebook.com/groups/91560190640/?fref=ts

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6512 on: July 29, 2015, 04:48:38 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/events/105064519837216/

Here is the event page

Conwy County Borough Council and 'The Friends of Happy Valley', invite you to attend the first ever 'Llandudno Community Picnic. A chance to meet up with family and friends from the town in a stunning location, and share memories of the town and those people who make our town such a special place to live and work.

This free event will reunite people, bring the community together, solidify friendships and make new ones. An opportunity to meet familiar faces and say "Hi, how are you, how are you doing, what are you up to these days, how's the family?".

There is a cafe and toilet facilities, views to take your breath away and many memories and stories to share.

There will be a collection on the day with proceeds being donated to St David's Hospice. So please, if you can, bring with you at least a £1.00 to put in the box to help support our wonderful hospice in Abbey Road that provides superb care to poorly people from our town. This gesture of support will be our way of saying 'Thank You' to the hospice for all they do.

During the picnic, you will be able to write the name of a loved one or friend who has passed away, onto a ribbon, along with a personal message, and tie it onto the beautiful 'Alice in Wonderland' bandstand, where it will stay for two weeks following the picnic. Ribbons and pens will be provided free.

We ask you to respect that there is 'NO PARKING' within 'Happy Valley Gardens' and to please bear in mind that you will have to walk up to the picnic.

Please also put any litter in the bins provided, or take it home with you.

We look forward to seeing you, and to enjoy your company, and request that you share this invitation with all your Facebook friends in order to spread the word to maximise the amount of our friends who would like to join us.

See you on August 2nd......

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6513 on: August 02, 2015, 08:45:51 pm »
  Hello Born to run. Well I went to give a bit of support. About a half hour after the nasty downpour of rain we had for a lot of the morning. I didn't check the time but it was around 2.30 and I was disappointed to see virtually no one there. A council employee, two first aid men (and a partridge in a pear tree) were about all. I only hope it picked up rapidly after I left.
   Oh, and by the way. The Alice themed croquet green on the old putting green. Closed, no sign of anything happening. Yes, I was there, but my pitch and putters were playing despite the earlier rain and my absence. My honesty golf took over for a while.
   In local newspaper articles this croquet was mentioned, and it was stated that a whole lot of work had been undertaken on the putting green to bring it up to the required standard and that the grass had been carefully cut to the most suitable length for croquet. I can confirm that a whole lot of work in levelling and cutting had been done. I spoke personally to a council greenskeeper and he told me (maybe exaggerating) that he had been there practically all week. That was week before last.
  Unfortunately grass has an unfortunate habit of growing, so any specific length two weeks ago wasn't much use today, especially as it was closed.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6514 on: August 02, 2015, 11:21:02 pm »
Ormegolf I walk up the valley every day ,the sign is on the door but nobody has ever been there since they cut the grass two weeks ago , may as well left the golf holes there .

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6515 on: August 03, 2015, 08:42:02 am »
Seems a bit like all the ALICE things...........1/2 a job. The other suits in the cards, ie plant pots etc have only just appeared.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6516 on: August 03, 2015, 08:56:54 am »
I only noticed yesterday whilst walking around the Orme that the Land Train now runs around Marine Drive - when did this start?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6517 on: August 03, 2015, 08:58:23 am »
A week last Tuesday. On the Wednesday it developed an issue with the braking system, and only started again last Tuesday.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6518 on: August 03, 2015, 09:02:06 am »
Can't imagine that the drivers who get stuck behind it are best pleased.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6519 on: August 03, 2015, 09:08:35 am »
Even less pleased is the coach company...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6520 on: August 03, 2015, 09:10:19 am »
Even less pleased is the coach company...
I can imagine.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6521 on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:21 am »
That sounds ridiculous to me! The coach is much better suited for that job!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6522 on: August 03, 2015, 09:31:07 am »
I suspect it's only going to run for the main season - about another five weeks - but the numbers they're getting (mainly because of the weather) might not make it viable.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6523 on: August 03, 2015, 10:01:49 am »
The one which was running at Rhos between Porth Eirias and the bottom of the Cayley Prom. seems to have gone away. Wonder if it is the same one?
As for being stuck behind it........aggggh ! Mind you at least the fumes aren't as bad as from the coach!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6524 on: August 03, 2015, 10:34:09 am »
  Hello Born to run. Well I went to give a bit of support. About a half hour after the nasty downpour of rain we had for a lot of the morning. I didn't check the time but it was around 2.30 and I was disappointed to see virtually no one there.

Ahh you see Mike I was one of those fair weather fans as well! We had the picnic packed but the rain put us off. I saw some pictures on facebook didn't look to be many there at all. You can't plan for the weather I suppose  $walesflag$
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:35:48 am by Ian »