Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2665271 times)

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6480 on: July 26, 2015, 08:22:44 pm »
Boss to see you today Fester, me and Paula have put a few quid into the local economy this weekend, even on the pier, but Ian will probably tell everyone that I made that last bit up about spending money! I bet he also deletes this post or edits it, but me and Paula were a bit er, uncomfortable shall we say, about a large group of Asian children with toy rifles 'shooting' everyone who passed them on the pier after we left your kiosk, much to their older relatives amusement. Just made me think a bit. Arsed if I've offended anyone though. Nice one for asking after my mum as well mate, she's doing well thanks.
Justice for the 96

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6481 on: July 26, 2015, 09:30:09 pm »
Nice to see you and your lovely wife today Big Al.

Hope you had a safe journey home in that horrible rain!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6482 on: July 26, 2015, 09:34:14 pm »
I'll do that.

I spoke to the General Manager of a large hotel adjacent to the Grand Ash today.

He told me that many of the new 'residents' of The Grand Ash were leaving vehicles permanently on the double yellow lines outside.

But a local friend who lives there told me there are no double yellow lines outside the Grand Ash .

Update...
It was actually a mixture of pavement parking outside The Grand Ash,   and parking on the double yellow lines, on the corner outside The Dunoon!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6483 on: July 27, 2015, 08:50:30 am »
Ian will probably tell everyone that I made that last bit up about spending money

Why would I do that? Are you suggesting I lie?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6484 on: July 27, 2015, 08:52:32 am »
I bet he also deletes this post or edits it

Again, why would I do that? And why me? If your post contravenes the forum's policies either Dave or I will edit or delete it.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6485 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:57 am »
Update...
It was actually a mixture of pavement parking outside The Grand Ash,   and parking on the double yellow lines, on the corner outside The Dunoon!

I've sent you a PM :-)))

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #6486 on: July 27, 2015, 10:26:44 am »
Ian, how can I send a PM to another forum member?

I was under the impression this facility was withdrawn for us a few years ago.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6487 on: July 27, 2015, 10:54:01 am »
PMs aren't active, Bri.  I tried to reactivate Fester's, so he could respond to me (Admins can send them) but it didn't work. Seems like I need to investigate the engine room a bit more :-))

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6488 on: July 27, 2015, 12:38:34 pm »
Thanks, Ian.

Can we still send each other e-mails by clicking on that little envelope over to the left?

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #6489 on: July 27, 2015, 03:08:06 pm »
In Israel you only have to take a written test to get a FULL Driving Licence. This is then accepted by the UK authorities who issue a Full UK Licence without any further test requirements. This is not an anti-Semitic statement but a factual one   

A simple Google search will show that is absolute rubbish.

Your quite right Bosun, my information on the driving test requirements is wrong
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6490 on: July 27, 2015, 04:24:10 pm »
Also, apologies, it wasn't yellow lines, it was (and is) pavement parking, all day!

Obviously, this puts things in a whole new light. Parking on double yellow lines is illegal but parking on pavements is not.  It only becomes illegal if there's actual obstruction or if it creates a danger.

In Israel you only have to take a written test to get a FULL Driving Licence. This is then accepted by the UK authorities who issue a Full UK Licence without any further test requirements. This is not an anti-Semitic statement but a factual one   

Below from Wikipedia:

In order to receive a license (in Israel), each applicant must pass a medical and eye checkup, and a theoretical test, before taking a number of practical lessons culminating in the practical test.

We've now had two statements offered as fact about members of a law-abiding Jewish community in Llandudno which could be seen as inflammatory as well as both being factually wrong.

I've been distinctly uneasy for some time about what could be perceived as a very slight racist and antireligionist undertone to some posts recently and I would ask everyone not to post anything about any group whatsoever unless and until what they post can be proved. We are all part of a wider community of people and neither Dave nor I will have any truck with posts which make inaccurate statements aimed at minority groups, whether of race, religious adherence or gender affiliation.

Ian you must have a very short or very selective memory. Do you not remember this debate from last year where I said exactly the same thing
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,467.msg76084.html#msg76084

From Fester: "From what little I know on the subject, I don't think Freemasons prevent their children from education, believe that anyone not of the brotherhood is evil, nor behave in an abrupt, almost aggressive manner? 
Anyone exposed on a daily basis to Charedi families cannot help being a little unnerved by them."

To which I correctly pointed out - "You can't say all of them behave in an abrupt almost aggressive manner. That's a ridiculous generalisation."

But you were having none of it

"Well, he didn't.  He was making a comparison between what some say about Freemasons and his own experience with the Charedi. F is not the one generalising and he made that very point in one of the early posts:"

Why the sudden U turn???

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6491 on: July 27, 2015, 04:34:21 pm »
To which I correctly pointed out - "You can't say all of them behave in an abrupt almost aggressive manner. That's a ridiculous generalisation."  But you were having none of it.  Why the sudden U turn???

No U-turn whatsoever. I'm afraid your memory is not only highly selective but also in error. I've been over this in detail, but I'll say this once: read more carefully. If you really want to presume clairvoyance  then I can't stop you, but you'd better get a booth on the pier. 

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6492 on: July 27, 2015, 04:52:40 pm »
Apparently the footfall is falling so I'm not interested  :laugh:

However as you said

"I would ask everyone not to post anything about any group whatsoever unless and until what they post can be proved"

Can fester prove that this group

"behave in an abrupt, almost aggressive manner? "

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6493 on: July 27, 2015, 04:56:56 pm »

.......doing a lot of juggling is known to cause confusion......
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6494 on: July 27, 2015, 05:58:16 pm »
The Jazz festival on Bodafon Fields looks to be something of a washout, sadly. I've been past on both days and there seems to be very few people wandering around.
Looking at the audience pictures, they don't seem a Jazz crowd ? and it was a pity about the weather, I hope they can try again.

WATCH: Llandudno Jazz Festival highlights
The first Llandudno Jazz Festival was staged in the seaside town over the weekend.
The three day event, held on Bodafon Fields, was organised by Calon Promotions in conjunction with Shades of Soul.
The festival featured the likes of Darius Brubeck, Anita Wardell, Don Weller and local trumpet virtuoso Neil Yates who is also the festival’s Artistic Director.
At the launch he said: “The festival will enhance and increase the cultural life of Llandudno and be a magnet for more music events from the wider region.
“It will also inevitably bring extra revenue, prestige and income to the town, its people and businesses.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/music/watch-llandudno-jazz-festival-highlights-9738053