Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664481 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6030 on: January 19, 2015, 09:34:58 pm »
B H F Furniture shop as far as I heard.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6031 on: January 20, 2015, 08:49:57 am »
Yes, lots of British Heart Foundation posters in the window.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6032 on: January 20, 2015, 09:12:50 am »
They have been advertising for stock in the press for ages, so should have plenty of goods to launch with.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6033 on: January 20, 2015, 04:30:16 pm »
nice to see such quick action on the superbowl,we could have been left with another eyesore like the Tudno Castle,such a shame this project is dragging on and on and on.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #6034 on: January 21, 2015, 04:38:15 pm »
My wife tells me she came across 2 big issue sellers and 2 beggars on Mostyn Street Llandudno earlier.
If Llandudno have people suffering what on earth do the cities have in these harsh economic times?
Bedroom tax and zero hour contracts or if your luck a 16 hour contract, what it's going to be like when my kids enter the job market I shudder to think, they have no silver spoon to fall back on.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6035 on: January 21, 2015, 04:50:50 pm »
They have been attempting to sell Big Issues for years, probably have fixed pitches and arrive in taxis!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6036 on: January 21, 2015, 06:43:51 pm »
My wife tells me she came across 2 big issue sellers and 2 beggars on Mostyn Street Llandudno earlier.
If Llandudno have people suffering what on earth do the cities have in these harsh economic times?
Bedroom tax and zero hour contracts or if your luck a 16 hour contract, what it's going to be like when my kids enter the job market I shudder to think, they have no silver spoon to fall back on.

She's lucky he only came across two, in the past we had many, many people in shop doorways, be they beggars, musicians or whatever else.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6037 on: January 23, 2015, 12:34:09 pm »
Fat Andy.... you want to give him a couple of weeks to see how he goes on?   Let's move him in next door to you then.  Or perhaps bed him down in Born To Run's place,  he was the original 'bleeding heart' who brought him to our attention in the first place.

Seriously guys, 130-odd convictions, 24 involving violence, I think he's had all the chances he deserves.

He shouldn't be living next door to anybody, it's obvious that he needs more than just to be shoved into a flat and left to fend for himself.  I'm sure the ladies of Hope Restored are well meaning but I doubt they have the skills or experience to deal with this particular chap.  He either needs to be in a residential rehab or otherwise supported by more appropriate charity, which to me would be NACRO who run the Conwy Doorstop project -

"Nacro helps offenders to resettle into the community by providing support with housing-related issues such as managing their tenancies.

Conwy Doorstop is a floating support service that provides housing support to people with substance misuse problems and/or an offending history. We enable them to address their drug misuse issues and develop strategies to live safe, independent, crime-free, drug free lives
."

http://www.nacro.org.uk/services/wales/conwy-doorstop/

As Ghandi once said - "The True Measure of Any Society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members".  I think he'd find Llandudno's society to be somewhere towards the bottom of the scale.

Please don't judge Llandudno's society by what you see on this forum! As I've said before this forum doesn't reflect local opinion at all. The facebook comments on the story at the time were full of sympathy and understanding, where as everyone on this forum (apart from me) made Ebeneezer Scrooge look like a charity fundraiser!

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6038 on: January 23, 2015, 12:39:16 pm »

She's lucky he only came across two, in the past we had many, many people in shop doorways, be they beggars, musicians or whatever else.

Gosh that must have been so awful for you. I'm venturing out later on, let's pray I don't have to come across as many vagrants as you people have had to suffer.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6039 on: January 25, 2015, 08:58:18 pm »
Took a walk out to Angel Bay, on the Little Orme today, and to my surprise there were at least a dozen seals frolicking about at the water's edge.  It was great to see.

I have to admit, I never knew that seals came here in the winter months, as I only ever see them bobbing about off Llandudno Pier in the warmer months.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Jack

« Reply #6040 on: January 25, 2015, 10:50:31 pm »
Think they 'pup' there at this time of year Fester.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6041 on: January 25, 2015, 11:04:39 pm »
I think that it depends on the variety of seal Jack.    Grey Seals seem to have their pups about 10 days after the September equinox.
We used to go every year to North Stack Holyhead around the first week in October and watch the pups being born.  Normally there are several seals in that cove having their pups and it's well worth going there to experience the sight.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6042 on: January 26, 2015, 09:02:50 am »
A young seal was resting on the jetty near the pier on Saturday morning until some idiots decided to try and walk down the jetty to look at it. Pleased to see that it had come back later.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #6043 on: January 26, 2015, 09:13:23 am »
Townies perhaps who are not used to seeing wildlife and therefore have no idea how to behave.
We saw a field full of sheep and their lambs yesterday, made us feel so happy, maybe a sign of spring.