Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2666462 times)

Ian and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6015 on: January 10, 2015, 11:33:23 pm »
It was the first time in a while since I have visited Mostyn Champneys retail park on a Saturday and I've never seen it as busy as it was today.  The traffic was really bad and cars were parked all along Charlotte Road making driving very difficult.  We were lucky to find a parking space in the park although it was some way off from the store we were visiting but others were not so lucky.
If it is normally as bad as this on a Saturday, it'll be a long time before I go back there again on a Saturday and just go there on weekdays instead.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6016 on: January 11, 2015, 04:47:27 am »
Complaints are normally about getting out of Mostyn Champneys, Hugo, and not about getting in.

The imminent arrival of TK Maxx will certainly not ease the problem.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6017 on: January 11, 2015, 10:29:19 am »
Very rough seas at North Shore yesterday, I imagine a few more tons of shingle have been dumped on the slipway.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6018 on: January 11, 2015, 10:58:48 am »
Complaints are normally about getting out of Mostyn Champneys, Hugo, and not about getting in.

The imminent arrival of TK Maxx will certainly not ease the problem.

I had a problem getting in and out of there Bri,  I was visiting Curry's and when I wanted to get out I intended  to turn right to get out onto Mostyn Broadway but it was impossible to do so so I turned left and drove towards the Links.  That wasn't very good either but at least it was better.   I won't do that again in a hurry, no more Saturday shopping for me.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6019 on: January 11, 2015, 11:14:59 am »
Fortunately, we live so close to Mostyn Champneys we can walk.

However, I have previously recommended on here, whenever it is busy with vehicles, it is much better to park in Staples car park and walk over to the stores.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6020 on: January 11, 2015, 11:22:26 am »
CCBC will do nothing about Mostyn Champneys until the management get of their backsides and insisi but i think it might cost them.I think an e-mail to TKMakk might stir things up a bit,explain what chaoes they might encure.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6021 on: January 11, 2015, 12:51:58 pm »
Very rough seas at North Shore yesterday, I imagine a few more tons of shingle have been dumped on the slipway.
             I cycled past it today Dave, and it looked like it had been cleared since I passed there earlier in the week but there was a scattering of stones on it again. However I went up to the West Shore from there and the sand in the vicinity of the Pumping Station by the Boat Pond has increased markedly during the past week, and is now up to the top of the seawall on the landward side.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6022 on: January 11, 2015, 01:01:04 pm »
             I cycled past it today Dave, and it looked like it had been cleared since I passed there earlier in the week but there was a scattering of stones on it again. However I went up to the West Shore from there and the sand in the vicinity of the Pumping Station by the Boat Pond has increased markedly during the past week, and is now up to the top of the seawall on the landward side.

It looked like it had been cleared as I approached it Gwynant but when I got on the slipway there was that pile of pebbles about two foot high and then a bit lower down on the slipway it was clear. There isn't any point in clearing it while we have the Winter storms on and if there is a sailing regatta coming up then it could be cleared by the CCBC or even the sailing club.   As for the West Shore then it's time to give up and admit defeat on the cycle path and find an alternative route for the cyclists.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6023 on: January 12, 2015, 09:19:17 am »
I agree that its time to admit defeat on the West Shore Cycle Path. Divert the route inland along the road through Deganwy.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6024 on: January 15, 2015, 09:00:28 am »
I see preparatory work has started on the new Lifeboat Station by the Paddling Pool at North Shore.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6025 on: January 18, 2015, 09:16:01 am »
Lets all keep our ears to the ground because nothing seems to be going  right now,since the demise of Oscar people seem to have lost interest.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6026 on: January 18, 2015, 01:55:31 pm »
Wrex, the weather has been that horrible, that no one is going out to see if anything is going on.

We were getting ready to go out last night, then abandoned the attempt, realising that everywhere would be dead anyway.

I am back in hibernation.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6027 on: January 19, 2015, 07:57:00 pm »
I saw some building materials outside the superbowl this evening so maybe something is happening in town afterall.

Offline Barney Baker

« Reply #6028 on: January 19, 2015, 09:16:30 pm »
There was some workmen in the build on the corner on Conwy road and Vaughan Street ripping the fittings out tonight

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6029 on: January 19, 2015, 09:26:59 pm »
chariety shop Barney