Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616922 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #765 on: March 11, 2011, 06:06:18 pm »
If they are fed at all by humans, they get our food. Mainly rice (and curry)
Doesn't that make you go  :laugh:

not me as I've never eaten it and never will, can't stand the smell of it!  I bet these posts get moved  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

brumbob

« Reply #766 on: March 11, 2011, 07:17:04 pm »
not me as I've never eaten it and never will, can't stand the smell of it!  I bet these posts get moved  L0L
and I thought it was just me who couldn't stand Indian curry, though I love Chinese curry.  D)
I bet these posts get moved  L0L
I think Ian secretly likes the authority  _))*

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #767 on: March 11, 2011, 07:43:10 pm »
If they are fed at all by humans, they get our food. Mainly rice (and curry)  otherwise they just scavange.  Has this got anything to do with it?

Interesting.

I think Ian secretly likes the authority

Don't have to like it, BB;  I've got the power!   WWW
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:24:37 pm by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #768 on: March 11, 2011, 09:23:57 pm »
 $3towns$ Y^^Y  :D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #769 on: March 11, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »
You are correct about this dog mess problem being off putting. Last summer I spent the first fifteen minutes every day cleaning it up.  But whilst Ive been in India I have given it some thought.

You just wait until you get back on the Golf Course Mike there'll be be 6 months of Goat & Sheep's poo waiting for you and that'll take you more than 15 minutes to clear!
Glad to hear that you made it to Goa and enjoyed your holiday there.
 :golf:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:34:05 pm by DaveR »

Offline Richard

« Reply #770 on: March 12, 2011, 03:11:26 pm »
There seems to be proliferation of drivers on their mobile phones whilst driving, recently I have seen a woman at the wheel of a vehicle emblazoned ‘Victim Support’ on her mobile, an AA van driver on his mobile, countless others, then lo and behold, today at 11.55 on the island at the Junction, I nearly got speared by a silver Range Rover plastered with ‘The Mulberry’ all over it, and guess what, the driver was on his mobile.

Of course it’s not dangerous, and these people are so important that the law does not apply to them, plus the fact that they are too poor to afford a hands free unit.

brumbob

« Reply #771 on: March 12, 2011, 03:19:57 pm »
They must belong to the 1 in 40 club that show no signs of impairment whatsoever
http://www.itpro.co.uk/621955/supertaskers-can-safely-use-mobiles-while-driving

Yorkie

« Reply #772 on: March 12, 2011, 04:26:50 pm »
There seems to be proliferation of drivers on their mobile phones whilst driving, etc etc etc   Of course it’s not dangerous, and these people are so important that the law does not apply to them, plus the fact that they are too poor to afford a hands free unit.

I suggest you get yourself a real old banger from Arch Motors with a week or two's MOT, and next time you see one of those arseholes with a mobile phone run into them and then swear blind it was their fault for being on the mobile phone!  Also complain of whiplash and make a monster claim for damages and injury!    L0L   That'll teach them a lesson.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #773 on: March 14, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »
I was in Cafe Culture earlier and a black Volvo (not the owners, before anyone asks!  8) ) was left parked on the bus stop for at least 10 minutes, causing all sorts of problems for the buses and passengers. A traffic warden arrives and starts to write a ticket. As he does so, a blonde woman runs across the road (maybe from HSBC), says something to the warden, he nods, she jumps in and drives off.

Yorkie

« Reply #774 on: March 14, 2011, 06:42:02 pm »
He was probably jotting down his telephone number!      WWW

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #775 on: March 15, 2011, 11:29:22 am »
I was in Cafe Culture earlier and a black Volvo (not the owners, before anyone asks!  8) ) was left parked on the bus stop for at least 10 minutes, causing all sorts of problems for the buses and passengers. A traffic warden arrives and starts to write a ticket. As he does so, a blonde woman runs across the road (maybe from HSBC), says something to the warden, he nods, she jumps in and drives off.

mmmm wish I had been there-- the charity shop I help at is on a bus stop and I have seen more than one person get booked whilst lugging boxes of stuff in there which they are donating. I would have asked what the criteria was that this person didn't get booked whilst people who are donating things have been. Grrrr They make me ill.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #776 on: March 17, 2011, 09:21:44 am »
Does anyone know where this centre is going to be? It must be a big building if its going to have 41 bedrooms and other in house facilities.

St Dunstan’s, the national charity that aims to provide an independent future for blinded ex-Service men and women, as we will be opening a 41 bed centre in Llandudno, Wales in late summer or autumn 2011. The Grade II listed building provides a number of services to beneficiaries and will be active and open 24/7 throughout the year.

I  know now, just looked it up.  What a beautiful looking building it is too.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:11:41 am by Pendragon »
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #777 on: March 17, 2011, 10:34:03 am »
Traffic Accident - Conwy Road - Thursday evening

A 17 year old driver had since died.       Full details www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-11275251

How many more before the police get off their backsides and monitor this piece of road in the evenings?   That piece of road together with the roundabout at each end are treated as a race track. 

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #778 on: March 17, 2011, 11:36:48 am »
Pendragon - The St. Dunstan's Centre is what used to be Lady Forester's Home and subsequently the north Wales Medical Centre.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #779 on: March 17, 2011, 01:09:45 pm »
It's a great building; I went for a nose round it a few years ago:

Lady Forester’s Convalescent Home, Llandudno - Front Facade by davidrobertsphotography, on Flickr