Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 88162 times)

Offline andyCYD

Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #570 on: July 12, 2021, 03:32:17 pm »
Thanks Ian. That is really useful information. It suggests that the potential impact of long-COVID for young people may not be zero, but is seems to be very minor compared to many other risks in life.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #571 on: July 15, 2021, 12:56:13 pm »
Sainsbury's customers will be encouraged to keep wearing masks from Monday, after the legal requirement to do so is dropped.
The supermarket said there would be signs and tannoy messages to remind customers to wear a face covering.
It joins the bookseller, Waterstones, which said customers should wear masks to protect staff and other shoppers.
The government has said it "expects and recommends" shoppers to wear face masks from Monday.

cont  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57839990

People travelling into Wales from England will be told to wear face masks by rail companies, First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.
Face coverings continue to be mandatory on public transport and in shops in Wales, while in England people will just be advised to wear them.
Mr Drakeford said it would be "simpler" if the same face-mask rules were applied across the whole of the UK.

cont   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57846623

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #572 on: July 18, 2021, 01:09:36 pm »
Llandudno anti-lockdown protest organiser fined £5K     The guy has mental health problems so the chances of him paying the fine are remote.        What on earth is up with some people        &shake&
I've even heard of someone buying a fake exemption certificate just because they don't want to have to wear a mask

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57867482

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #573 on: July 19, 2021, 09:38:21 pm »
So, from September, anyone who is NOT double jabbed, will NOT be allowed access to nightclubs and many other indoor events.
What’s this?   We are in the realms of Compulsory Vaccination now?
I never in my life thought I’d see something like this in the U.K.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: July 20, 2021, 07:38:59 am »
Hi, Fester.  Good to see you again.

I don't think this equates to compulsory vaccination–yet. Think of it more as not having a ticket to ride.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #575 on: July 20, 2021, 09:13:04 am »
Hi, Fester.  Good to see you again.

I don't think this equates to compulsory vaccination–yet. Think of it more as not having a ticket to ride.
Vaccine take up amongst the under 30s has been slowing up recently, according to the government’s own figures.
Many are vehemently anti vax, for their own reasons, many don’t see any  to themselves at that age, and many simply don’t trust the government.  Who does??
However, if those people don’t wish to be injected with something they don’t trust, should they really be banned from activities and foreign travel?
I believe that this is a step too far, I also worry about what they’ll impose next if they get away with this.

Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #576 on: July 20, 2021, 10:13:19 am »
It's an interesting ethical conundrum, to be sure.  The problem is that the pandemic is very far from over, and the likelihood is that another 4-5m may well die before it's done.  The government's main job is to protect its citizens - at all costs.  If large enough numbers refuse to vaccinate, what should they do?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline SteveH

« Reply #577 on: July 20, 2021, 10:24:46 am »
Hello Fester, hope all is well.......

Speaking with my sister in France over the weekend, she said the same thing, vaccination numbers were low, in the under 30's, and up until recently, they could participate in nightclub life etc with proof of a negative test, which was free, however since the test is now 50 euro's the numbers for vaccination have increased again, it looks like for some, the urge for a night out is stronger than hesitation over getting the jab

Offline Hugo

« Reply #578 on: July 20, 2021, 10:58:35 am »
We are living in different times now and I bet no one would have predicted three years ago the conditions that we have been living in for so long.    Don't forget also that restrictions haven't been eased in Wales like they have in England.
No one is making vaccination compulsory but I wonder how many people who have refused to have the vaccination will also refuse to go to the hospital if they catch Covid, not many I'm sure.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #579 on: July 20, 2021, 04:51:43 pm »
We are into semantics now, because the vaccine is not yet being made ‘compulsory’,  yet you are ‘compelled’ to have it if you want to have a foreign holidays, or enter a large entertainment venue.
I’m not comfortable with this concept at all.

Pandemics are never over are they?  The viruses mutate and stay with us forever.
It’s merely a question of how well we manage the main thrust of it, and how much we are are prepared to sacrifice whilst tackling it.
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #580 on: July 20, 2021, 08:41:50 pm »
We are into semantics now, because the vaccine is not yet being made ‘compulsory’,  yet you are ‘compelled’ to have it if you want to have a foreign holidays, or enter a large entertainment venue.

It's still our choice.

Offline SAJ

« Reply #581 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:02 am »
Unless of course, we want to travel to many different areas of the world including parts of the Caribbean and South East Asia. In that case, various vaccinations are  required and I expect many people would be racing to their GP if offered a free trip to such destinations!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #582 on: July 22, 2021, 01:17:39 am »
Ian, if you want to go into an entertainment venue, and most young people do, they have no choice.

In other news, according to the BBC, a third night of rioting in Greece, where they are up in arms about the Government passing a law for mandatory vaccination of all health sector workers.
Fester...

Offline SteveH

« Reply #583 on: July 22, 2021, 11:11:36 am »

In other news, according to the BBC, a third night of rioting in Greece, where they are up in arms about the Government passing a law for mandatory vaccination of all health sector workers.

I heard recently the argument, that health care providers "have a duty of care to their patients" so they are in a difficult position, I would like to have confidence, that the person treating me has been vaccinated.

Governments warm up to vaccine mandates for skittish health care workers
The question has taken on urgency as cases linked to the Delta variant jump and vaccination rates slow.
https://www.politico.eu/article/governments-warm-up-to-coronavirus-vaccine-mandates-for-skittish-health-care-workers/

Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers
Whose Rights Should Come First?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2810172/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #584 on: July 24, 2021, 06:39:59 pm »
Snowdonia: Cars towed away for 'dangerous' parking       $good$

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57956288