Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 88309 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #540 on: March 13, 2021, 10:25:06 am »
Lockdown: Tourism halt 'if people from outside Wales book'

Mark Drakeford said the "penalty" for businesses acting "irresponsibly" would be that further reopening would end.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56375684?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #541 on: March 13, 2021, 12:36:35 pm »

Offline DVT

« Reply #542 on: March 13, 2021, 12:42:28 pm »
What amazes me with may of the reports of people travelling long distances to get here is that they are not just breaking the rules on Covid ... they also break the rules on driving without insurance, tax, MoT, sometimes banned form driving, and with a supply of drugs.

These people are not just covidiots - they are total idiots even without Covid.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #543 on: March 13, 2021, 05:23:09 pm »
I completely agree with you DVT but how do they get away with it before being stopped in Wales?

I know of one local business man who has 6 vehicles but only one has a valid MOT certificate.       The DVLA and the Police know about it but both bodies do nothing whatsoever about stopping it.       I'm also wondering just how few cars the North Wales Police have that are fitted with ANPR cameras on them, really all the cars should be fitted with them.

The lack of positive action by the DVLA has nothing whatsoever to deal with Covid infections, they have been useless for years and the loss of revenue due to their lack of enforcement is quite staggering

Offline Hugo

« Reply #544 on: March 16, 2021, 06:27:31 pm »
Travellers travelling when they shouldn't and now they are camped in a beauty spot that was locked.      You would assume that the Police have powers to just evict them  without the Wrexham Council having to deal with the matter
A spokeswoman for Wrexham Council, said: “We are aware of the situation and have visited the site and served the appropriate notice to leave to those concerned.”     They seem to think that they are above the law and will keep thinking that if a tougher stance is not taken against them

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/caravans-set-up-camp-north-20187274

Offline DVT

« Reply #545 on: March 20, 2021, 04:33:45 pm »
Thanks to these cov-idiots we who have abided by lockdown restrictions can look forward to yet more isolation, just as we seemed to be returning to some sort of normality.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56469687

Is it not our human right to be able to be free to enjoy life, without being affected by these idiots.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #546 on: March 20, 2021, 05:20:08 pm »
I feel the same as  you do DVT,  we may not like the lockdown rules but abide by them for the sake of our health and also the health of others.
I knew that many people were breaking the rules just by looking at the West Shore Web Cam but when I came to Llandudno yesterday I was shocked by the number of cars on the Parade, no one would have known that we were still in a lockdown situation
There were quite a few motorhomes there too
It's a shame that the Police don't have a Police officer on the beat there and that they can't seize the vehicles at the same time

Offline DVT

« Reply #547 on: March 21, 2021, 03:47:02 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56475051

1500 incidents in south Wales following the rugby yesterday - thank you all who participated for probably extending the lockdown restrictions.

What is the point of fining the idiots - other than to help pay for the Police - if I had my way I'd lock them all up for a minimum ten days with no facilities - make it clear now that's what will happen if there is a repeat of the celebrations next weekend if France fail score enough points.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #548 on: March 24, 2021, 10:30:49 am »
The combination of a 90% off clothing at M&S yesterday, and those who think a bargain is more important than coming out of lock down sensibly, is/was very disappointing, a queue with shoppers standing shoulder to shoulder on a mobbed Mostyn  St, ignoring the rules is not a good sign for the continuing drop in Covid numbers, it would appear also by various comments on social media, that as a lot of people have had the vaccine, every thing is OK now.      &shake&                                                               

Offline Hugo

« Reply #549 on: March 24, 2021, 10:34:40 am »
Action stepped up to remove caravan camp from North Wales beauty spot
Wrexham council is looking at all legal options available to it as visitors avoid using the park's facilities.      Time and again we see this type of action from the travelling community but there seems to be little Police involvement to help the local councils or individuals affected by the travellers actions
There must be Covid regulations that are broken as well as other offences too so why should they get away with it?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/action-stepped-up-remove-caravan-20236878

Offline Hugo

« Reply #550 on: March 24, 2021, 03:12:27 pm »
Perhaps the fines should have been drastically increased to deter idiots like these six people

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/house-party-broken-up-cops-20244565

Offline DVT

« Reply #551 on: March 24, 2021, 03:46:39 pm »
I do wonder if fines are the answer ... I guess this group could afford a couple of hundred quid.  So why not compound their cars, lock them in the bulding so that they can isolate for 10 days to ensure they are not spreading the virus.

I also wonder about fines for the rioters and suchlike scum ... I suspect most are on benefits or cannot pay the fines.  Ship them to a remote island and dump them there for a month.  Also really publicise that fact so as to deter others, I am of the opinion that the media support rioters as it gives them plenty of words to scribble.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #552 on: March 24, 2021, 05:01:25 pm »
DVY,   I suspect most people have exactly the safe thoughts as you have expressed.     I know that I feel the same and just wish that the cars could be impounded for the same length of time as people have to isolate.
The present system doesn't seem a deterrent or otherwise they still wouldn't travel over the border.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #553 on: March 25, 2021, 06:00:00 pm »
It's not unexpected but how does that community get away with it every time?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/caravan-camp-clear-up-after-20251706

Offline SteveH

« Reply #554 on: March 30, 2021, 12:30:26 pm »
'Madness' as hundreds descend on Nottingham park

Police have warned people to stick to coronavirus rules after large crowds were seen brawling and drinking in a city park on the day restrictions eased.

Videos shared on social media showed some hugging and others pushing and shoving at Nottingham Arboretum.

One local resident described the scenes as "horrendous".

cont/video   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-56575135