Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 88167 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2020, 02:54:26 pm »
2:30pm
Health advice remains the same
https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18409843.coronavirus-latest-uk-falls-silent-key-workers-lost-lives/

The above piece has many links, possible of interest embedded in the 2:30 report, I have linked only one, please check above.

PRESS RELEASE
Revised coronavirus rules for Wales unveiled
The stay-at-home regulations have been revised in Wales to continue to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The Welsh Government is changing the core requirement for people not to leave the place where they live to a requirement not to leave or remain away from that place.

This will help clarify that people who leave their home with a reasonable excuse – such as going out to shop for food, for healthcare or for work – cannot remain outside to do other things.

There are some new arrangements that allow people with particular health conditions or disabilities to leave home to exercise more than once a day. This will help families with children with learning disabilities and autism in particular.

The changes come as First Minister Mark Drakeford will today announce a new framework and seven key questions to help lead Wales out of the pandemic.

Full report     https://gov.wales/revised-coronavirus-rules-for-wales-unveiled

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2020, 05:35:26 pm »
Two charged after tyres of cars belonging to key workers and disabled people slashed

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/two-charged-after-tyres-cars-18172162

Offline Dave

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2020, 12:28:55 pm »
Two charged after tyres of cars belonging to key workers and disabled people slashed

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/two-charged-after-tyres-cars-18172162

They weren't even kids for goodness sake. Glad to see they are named and shamed, hope the local community treat them as pariahs and the authorities treat them with the severity it deserves. Several weeks of solid community service wearing suitable identifiable clothing, take away their benefits including any furlough monies they might be receiving too. We shouldn't have to put up with these waste of space people in our community.

Offline Dave

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2020, 12:31:10 pm »
I was standing waiting for my turn to approach the till in the extremely well organised and signed Penrhyn Bay Co-op this morning when the lady in the isle behind me stopped to choose some bread. The woman behind her decided she’d get ahead of her in the queue to pay brushing past her within a foot.
The following one sided conversation took place:-

Me to woman:
“What exactly don’t you understand about the 2m rule? You just brushed past that lady within a foot.”

No reply, in fact she turned around and started looking at the fixture behind her.

Me to woman

“You might well turn your back to me because you should be ashamed of yourself. Patience is a virtue”

She continued avoiding looking at me.

Everyone heard me, it was intended.
When I took my turn at the till I thanked the staff member, told her to stay safe as she was as much at risk as front line NHS workers to which she thanked me for my concern and appreciation.

If we are to get through this virus it’s time to stand up and make it know when people are ignoring the social distancing rules.It’s no wonder that the authorities are hesitant about relaxing them but the messages that are coming across don’t make this point.Stay your distance and keep your freedom otherwise it’s back to trying a stricter kind of lockdown with even less freedom to go out.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2020, 12:45:41 pm »
Well said....  &well&

Offline Hugo

« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2020, 12:51:06 pm »
Good on you Dave     $good$        What part of the social distancing rules don't these people understand?

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2020, 01:21:53 pm »
Yes well done Dave  $good$, wish I had been as brave last week. I got elbowed out of the way by a well known Conwy shopkeeper, when he wanted to get in the fridge for milk. He obviously thinks he is above the rest of us when shopping. When approached by another customer as he tried to jump the queue near the checkout he said ' I only wanted milk & cash from the ATM' as if that was a good enough excuse to behave in such an anti social way. I did notice he wasn't wearing gloves, so had he got the virus he would have left it all over the ATM.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2020, 10:29:06 am »
A group of people from Merseyside who travelled to have a picnic at a Welsh beauty spot have been slammed by police.

The group were discovered by North Wales Police's Conwy and Denbigh officers in the Betws-y-coed area of Conwy enjoying a picnic.

Officers said the group had been reported for breaching the coronavirus rules.     cont  https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/merseyside-groups-picnic-party-broken-18187937

Offline Hugo

« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2020, 02:59:20 pm »
Biker who came out to North Wales for " a spin"   ends up in hospital and is booked for breaking the Coronavirus regulations

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/biker-north-wales-a-spin-18202886

Offline SteveH

« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2020, 03:43:12 pm »
Biker who came out to North Wales for " a spin"   ends up in hospital and is booked for breaking the Coronavirus regulations
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/biker-north-wales-a-spin-18202886

Very selfish, taking up valuable time, medical, ambulance and police staff, during lockdown, extra large fine.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2020, 10:47:24 am »
Police stop lockdown rule breakers from London, Manchester and Merseyside exercising in North Wales
North Wales Police said all were reported to court after coming to the region to swim or walk.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/police-stop-lockdown-rule-breakers-18206197

Offline SteveH

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2020, 10:27:59 am »
There is a piece in today's Pioneer, possible upcoming changes, one important thing stands out, and it could make a mockery, of our local lockdown measures.

8:36am
What is likely to change as lockdown measures are eased and what isn’t?

– What will change?

It appears initial changes will focus around the amount of time people are allowed to spend outside.

Reports suggest that those using benches, having picnics or sunbathing will no longer be asked to move on, provided they keep two metres apart.

It means families may even be allowed to travel to the countryside for walks and day trips, as long as they follow social distancing rules.

You will have to scroll down to 8.30am of the report    https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18432883.coronavirus-latest-plans-easing-lockdown-set-unveiled/

What police fear could happen next as experts discuss how to lift virus lockdown
Carl Foulkes says there is a worry that people will 'go back to their normal way of operating'

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/what-police-fear-could-happen-18210383

Offline Hugo

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2020, 12:11:52 pm »
I've spoken to a few people about the easing of the lockdown and they have all expressed a greater fear of going out in the future than they have now.
A number of idiots are already flouting the regulations and will continue to do so when the lockdown is eased.     People need to be careful as the death rate from Covid 19  is already the second highest in the world and we don't need a second wave hitting the UK

Offline Dave

« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2020, 03:09:57 pm »
The minority will always spoil it no matter what. I had another incident yesterday in Aldi. A woman just walked past everyone who was waiting patiently to progress down the aisles, however when she got to me I told her in no uncertain terms to get back. She asked me what my problem was and I replied "You!" Fair do's an Aldi staff member was in there like a shot and he told her to get back behind and wait her turn. She had told me she hadn't got all day to wait for others to do their shopping ( although in fact the end of the queue is where people wait their turn to pay). The most unbelievable bit was when we had moved on a while I asked why she was in such a hurry to get back to lockdown, her reply was she was off to the hospital to see her mother who is on oxygen but has been tested for Corvid and hasn't got it. I told her she soon would have if her daughter continued to flout the 2m distancing as she didn't know whether I might have it or any of the other people she'd walked past. I do despair.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2020, 04:22:51 pm »
Well said Dave, we shouldn't have to put up with the antics of people like that.     The rules are there to try and stop this disease spreading and unless we all abide by them then unfortunately the Covid 19 could flare up again
A small country like the UK yet we have the second highest death rate in the world.  that information should be enough to make anyone abide by the rules