Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 585744 times)

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2012, 08:20:12 pm »
Headmaster at Ysgol Deganwy, informed the older children this afternoon of the accurate facts, police were present. I'm sure this was repeated at the relevant senior school.
This is one problem with social media, when something is inaccurate.
Youth Service will be in the area tomorrow to meet up with the local youngsters.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2012, 12:59:56 pm »
Sadly, Kody passed away at 20:23 last night with his family around him. RIP.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2012, 01:02:44 pm »
Tragic.............I feel so sorry for his parents.  RIP little man.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2012, 10:04:15 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear that.  My sympathy to his family.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2012, 10:57:05 am »
A 7 car pile up on the A55 this morning between Mochdre and the Black Cat roundabout. Lots of delays.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2012, 10:12:34 am »
The A470 is currently closed at Glan Conwy due to a serious accident.

Offline Sara

« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2012, 01:49:06 pm »
Air ambulance landed on rugby field. Don't know what happened. Quite a few people in white shirts and ties, maybe something on at rugby club. Injured person transferred from ambulance to helicopter. About 15 mins ago.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2012, 03:05:55 pm »
Re Sara's post.  Went by a little while ago.  Seems the ambulance is stuck in the ground. Various people from Ambulance service trying to pull it out with a landrover.  This might be why the airlift was called.

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2012, 01:35:43 am »
Re Sara's post.  Went by a little while ago.  Seems the ambulance is stuck in the ground. Various people from Ambulance service trying to pull it out with a landrover.  This might be why the airlift was called.
Air ambulance landed on rugby field. Don't know what happened. Quite a few people in white shirts and ties, maybe something on at rugby club. Injured person transferred from ambulance to helicopter. About 15 mins ago.

The Air Ambulance response due to the road Ambulance being stuck, not so much to the seriousness of the injury.

A Wrexham lad with an injured back(his team mates in white shirts), we are awaiting further information on his condition, but, we are under the the impression that the ambulance was more of a precautionary measure.
You can't be too careful these days.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2012, 05:06:15 pm »
The Welsh Affairs Select Committee will be sitting at Venue Cymru, Llandudno on Tuesday 7th February 2012 from 9.30am - 11am.  The committee will be taking evidence on Services & Facilities for Veterans in North Wales.  This session is open to the public and you do not have to pre-register.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2012, 11:59:23 am »
I had a couple of hours spare this morning so I went along as an observer.

There is nothing significant to report back especially as the Chair, David Davies MP, announced at the beginning that the meeting would only last one hour because some MP's had a train to catch.

One thing I did notice was there were no translation facilities available but it did not seem to bother anybody.

Last month, me and the missus went along to another meeting at VC hosted by WGov over the subject of organ donation where there were translation facilities available but nobody used them despite the cost of bringing someone in for the evening.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2012, 12:49:51 pm »
This weeks Sunday Times reported that Llandudno was in the top 10 happiest towns in Britain.  Carlisle top and then York and Harrogate.  Think we were 6th or 7th!!!! :D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2012, 12:57:23 pm »
Of course!  :D  ;D D)  ZXZ  <:<:<:< $happy$ $yes$

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2012, 02:30:26 pm »
On a day like today, and a view to die for from that meeting room in VC, I could not understand why all those Welsh MP's wanted to rush back to London.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »
I can - some great Theatres that actually put on productions, some great Art Galleries, some great and interesting Museums, a fantastic and well used pleasure river, Historic houses in abundance, some great Parks, Zoos and other attractions, to name but a very, very few!   ZXZ

And, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, Madam Tussauds, The Planetarium, Buck House (not forgetting the Queen),  Horse Guards Parade (and the Guards), the London Eye, plus all the other attractions in and within a few miles of the Metropolis!   ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero