Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 586229 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2012, 01:38:03 pm »
Jail for 22 members of North Wales Drug Gang

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-17217510

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »
Do i take it people are complaining that the Clarence is being done up,would they rather leave it as it is and leave the road open.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #272 on: March 08, 2012, 06:42:09 pm »
Yes and a certain local personality thinks that all the pedestrians should have to cross the road. I can just see all the dolly trolly and zimmer people leaping around over the flower beds and railings.
http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2012/03/08/fears-12-months-of-building-work-will-hit-llandudno-businesses-55243-30481484/
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: March 08, 2012, 06:51:02 pm »
It's amazing, isn't it? Would the shoe shop guy rather have a derelict, boarded up hotel to look at for another 10 years? A big renovation job like that can't be done without causing some disturbance. It's perfectly feasible to keep pedestrian access open in front of the Clarence by using the 3 parking spaces as a walkway - let's hope common sense prevails. $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #274 on: March 08, 2012, 08:13:16 pm »
Wasn't Mr Andrew Roberts concerned with the fact that he and other local businesss owners were not consulted at all by CCBC.

If that is correct then perhaps the gentleman has a valid point.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #275 on: March 08, 2012, 09:23:46 pm »
Wasn't Mr Andrew Roberts concerned with the fact that he and other local businesss owners were not consulted at all by CCBC.

If that is correct then perhaps the gentleman has a valid point.

Exactly Brian. Neither Mr Roberts or any of the other business people in the area are objecting to the redevelopment work - in fact they indicated they welcome the development of the Clarence. However they've just endured three weeks of roadworks while Welsh Water installed new sewage pipes and are concerned that arrangements should be in place that will help minimise disruption during the 52 weeks of work on the Clarence.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: March 08, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »
I believe there was a planning site meeting that local businesses had the opportunity to attend, and these matters were discussed then.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #277 on: March 08, 2012, 10:34:43 pm »
What exactly does Mr Roberts want ,compensation,a say on how the work is done,it appears some people just enjoy being moaning .lol D)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: March 09, 2012, 08:25:39 am »
Yesterday, the Police helicopter spent some time on ther North side of the Orme looking for someone who had threatened to kill themselves.  Whether they eventually found him, I don't know, but that was the fourth person that day who'd gone missing and been notified as such.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #279 on: March 09, 2012, 08:36:10 am »
The helicopter has been overhead an awful lot this week-- we have heard it during the evenings a couple of times.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:26 am »
I believe there was a planning site meeting that local businesses had the opportunity to attend, and these matters were discussed then.
The site meeting was for councillors, I was told that businesses were not aware of it. It's not just Mr Roberts who is concerned -  I'm aware of eight small  businesses in the area who are equally worried. I don't believe they're looking for compensation Wrex, but with trading conditions as they have been over the past year or so they want customers to be able to access their businesses without too
many problems. For the duration of the Welsh Water sewage works the parking spaces outside Mr Roberts's shop and the others on that block became a temporary taxi rank for three weeks and that definitely impacted on trading - they have the figures to prove it!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2012, 09:38:42 am »
At the end of the day, the work is going on the OTHER side of the street to Mr Roberts's shop.

Shouldn't we be more worried about the businesses on the same side of road as the Clarence that possibly may have no pedestrian access at all from the Clarence side and a large hoarding blocking off visibility of their businesses completely from the West Shore end? They will be left in a dead end all year.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2012, 10:04:36 am »
All the more reason then, DaveR, for a meeting to have previously been held between all the local business owners affected, CCBC, the developer and contractors to agree a satisfactory solution for everyone involved.

As the majority of the local business owners have been there for many years their contribution could have proved invaluable.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2012, 10:06:24 am »
The site meeting was for councillors, I was told that businesses were not aware of it.
Not so, Mr Andrew Roberts was at that site meeting, along with least 3 other traders from Gloddaeth Street.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2012, 10:07:56 am »
All the more reason then, DaveR, for a meeting to have previously been held between all the local business owners affected, CCBC, the developer and contractors to agree a satisfactory solution for everyone involved.

As the majority of the local business owners have been there for many years their contribution could have proved invaluable.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Sorry, just missed your new post, Bri. The traders did attend the site meeting and all these matters were discussed then.