Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 586390 times)

Offline dwsi

Re: Stop Press
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2012, 12:51:50 pm »
The body was found by Llandudno's RNLI team. One crew member injured his ribs while launching the boat eary this morning.
When I last saw the RNLI team they where dressed as Mario, Luigi and the mushroom from the Mario Bros. video game.  :D

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2012, 03:46:20 pm »

I'm told it was across the road from Fountains, in the tatty flats at the side of the alleyway.

http://g.co/maps/nsgy9

I noticed the aerial ladder was used by North Wales Fire and Rescue.

http://www.north-wales.police.uk/news__appeals/latest_news/fatal_fire_llandudno.aspx?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

It was not too long ago, the aerial ladder was being considered to withdraw it from service from Llandudno Fire Station.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »
Yes, it's essential in a town like Llandudno. What if there was a fire in the Grand Hotel or similar?

Offline Sara

« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2012, 06:26:51 pm »
I'm told it was across the road from Fountains, in the tatty flats at the side of the alleyway.
My mistake Dave, I misheard what my daughter said when she phoned me, she was very upset as she knew the gentleman that died. Sad start to the New Year.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:35:23 pm by DaveR »

Offline Sara

« Reply #229 on: January 01, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »
Not sure what I did wrong on the above post, Don't know why my post has appeared in the blue bit ???

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #230 on: January 01, 2012, 07:36:33 pm »
Not sure what I did wrong on the above post, Don't know why my post has appeared in the blue bit ???
No worries, it happens quite a lot.  It's when the [ /quote ] bit doesn't appear in the right place.  :)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2012, 07:11:49 am »
Regarding the sad fatal events and quote from a thread"what a sad start to the. New Yea r." not new. To Llandudno.. This y ear is the twentieth anniversary of Llandudnos worst nightmare. The New Year when a crazy man watched through the windows of his old marital home by the tram station at a happy party. Went in. Grabbed a knife, killed his Wife, seriously injured at least one other, then took off in his car, hid up a lane near tal y can and then drove deliberately head on into an oncoming car killing himself and three innocent lads just out for a drive. The Sun newspaper with its usual disregard for any dece nt  feelings had a f font page headline about an inch high "Bloody New Year" mike

Offline viv

Re: Llandudno on television.
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2012, 07:56:45 pm »
Both programmes on BBC 2 on Wednesday 19th October.
Antiques Road Trip 5.15pm
Alison Steadman, All Roads Lead Home 8.00pm

Antiques Road Trip | Series 3 Episode 28 Antiques Road Trip | Radio Times http://bit.ly/n3ehKG

All Roads Lead Home | Episode 3 All Roads Lead Home | Radio Times http://bit.ly/pJy5mc

Also on BBc 1 on 18th January - DIY SOS is coming from Dolgarrog. You may see some familiar faces as over 75 volunteers and tradespeople were involved in reconstruction of a home for a disabled dad and his 12 year old daughter.Great story.

Offline viv

« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2012, 07:58:14 pm »
forgot to say - BBC 1 at 8.00pm 18th Jan!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2012, 08:11:36 pm »
Regarding the sad fatal events and quote from a thread"what a sad start to the. New Yea r." not new. To Llandudno.. This y ear is the twentieth anniversary of Llandudnos worst nightmare. The New Year when a crazy man watched through the windows of his old marital home by the tram station at a happy party. Went in. Grabbed a knife, killed his Wife, seriously injured at least one other, then took off in his car, hid up a lane near tal y can and then drove deliberately head on into an oncoming car killing himself and three innocent lads just out for a drive. The Sun newspaper with its usual disregard for any dece nt  feelings had a f font page headline about an inch high "Bloody New Year" mike
Taxi driver, wasn't he? That guy in County Durham who killed the women yesterday was also one. And that guy in Cumbria who killed all those people earlier this year.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2012, 08:59:51 pm »
Regarding the three young lads who died on the A470, three trees were planted in the grounds of Holy Trinity Church, but sadly they were fairly quickly vandalised. They were replaced but the same thing happened. In recent years trees have been planted around the perimeter of the Church grounds and are generally regarded as being in memory of those who have died in accidents/mishaps etc. including the three lads, and the youngsters who died in the boat tragedy in the Bay some years ago .

A seat commemorating the three is positioned along the Mostyn Street frontage of the Church and has a plate with wording on it quoting the names. "Froggy, Sid., and Bobby".

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2012, 11:04:32 pm »
Not sure if this is best thread for this but:
The History of Deganwy Group is looking for a new Treasurer.

Our current Treasurer is retiring at next Thursday's AGM.

If anyone is interested in helping the group with this, please let me know.

Many Thanks Jason

jasonweyman@tinyworld.co.uk

Offline dwsi

« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2012, 10:19:11 pm »
BBC News - Teenager 'critical' after road crash in Deganwy, Conwy http://bbc.in/AizsOf

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2012, 10:43:35 pm »
BBC News - Teenager 'critical' after road crash in Deganwy, Conwy http://bbc.in/AizsOf
On Facebook last night, there were hordes of people on that lad's Facebook profile, expressing their sympathies at his death. Well meant, of course, but (fortunately) inaccurate.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2012, 01:06:43 pm »
There has been a lot of confusion over Kody's welfare.  I truly hope the lad pulls through and I feel for his family they must be going through hell.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley