Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216444 times)

Offline Minime

Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #480 on: November 11, 2013, 10:30:19 pm »
Dang I was so looking forward to that too especially if he did his duet of whole new world with katy price.  Will just have to listen to his cds after I take my rik waller cd out

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #481 on: November 12, 2013, 07:51:55 am »
Anyway Andy he ain;t playing the Arena so this needs moving to the granny posts

The listing shows either standing or tiered seating so it sounds like he will be in the arena, unless there's some way to remove all the seats from the theatre.  I'll be standing and getting there at least 24 hours in advance to make sure I get in the mosh pit.

https://www.venuecymru.co.uk/peter-andre-is-back.html
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #482 on: November 12, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »
Anyway Andy he ain;t playing the Arena so this needs moving to the granny posts

The listing shows either standing or tiered seating so it sounds like he will be in the arena, unless there's some way to remove all the seats from the theatre.  I'll be standing and getting there at least 24 hours in advance to make sure I get in the mosh pit.

https://www.venuecymru.co.uk/peter-andre-is-back.html

Yes they remove the seats for Status Quo

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #483 on: November 12, 2013, 04:03:54 pm »
Now you're talking !! $good$

Now Wrex-- please tell me where to find the Granny Posts :P-- or even the Great Granny Posts WWW/ I could really be interested  :rage:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #484 on: November 12, 2013, 04:26:47 pm »
Cheeky Z**

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #485 on: November 12, 2013, 08:22:46 pm »
You know me too well ! WWW _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #486 on: January 17, 2014, 04:09:11 pm »
Credit where credit is due the Venue Cymru website is now very good

You can now pick out which individual seats you want from the map which is ideal and very professional and useful friendly

The £3 booking fee is still and absolute disgrace however  $angry$
And I'm still fuming from the first time we used it and they charged myself and my brother the fee even though we were clearly together but paying seperately. What happned to a bit of customer friendliness in just saying, why don't you pay together and we'll only charge you one booking fee - then the £3 I saved could have gone towards buying an overpriced pissy tasting beer from their bar  Z**

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #487 on: January 17, 2014, 06:06:15 pm »
Indeed B2R, and now that I see that this has happened to you, I can understand why you try to wriggle out of paying your Darts subscriptions each week!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #488 on: January 17, 2014, 09:33:16 pm »
Indeed B2R, and now that I see that this has happened to you, I can understand why you try to wriggle out of paying your Darts subscriptions each week!

_))* You should be paying me for my awesome skills!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #489 on: January 18, 2014, 08:30:57 am »
Is the Arena still going,i thought it closed down with Broadway Boulavard.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #490 on: January 18, 2014, 08:47:39 am »
We were in there a couple of times in November watching the North Wales Choir Festival and I was also back there in early December for the Daily Post Business Awards Dinner.

I guess it was put to good use all last weekend hosting an extremely popular free event for families and children as the car park was absolutely full on Saturday and Sunday.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #491 on: January 19, 2014, 07:51:33 am »
Sounds like they have given up on the youth then Bri,if they are useing the Arena for choirs .

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #492 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:06 am »
wrex, the North Wales Choral Festival has been held in the Arena for many years.

There are many entries from schools and youth groups as well as adults from throughout the UK and the majority stay one or two nights in local hotels.

I suggest you submit a FOI request to CCBC and request a list of events held at the Arena over the past 12 months.

You maybe pleasantly surprised how often if does get used and for what.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #493 on: January 19, 2014, 11:22:15 am »
I do realise it is used for events besides gigs but off course you know my interest is that no gig has happened since May and no other gigs are booked,so the local youth are missing out,no night clubs and no gigs,not good driving the local youth out of town.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #494 on: January 19, 2014, 08:23:01 pm »
I guess it was put to good use all last weekend hosting an extremely popular free event for families and children as the car park was absolutely full on Saturday and Sunday.

The event last weekend was called Take pArt and it was excellent.  It's pretty much all free, we had to pay a small fee for our kids to use the roller skating rink, but there were events taking place right throughout the building.  There were all sorts of arts and crafts, circus skills displays, workshops (including one run by Connie Fisher off of the telly), music performances, dance exhibitions, storytelling, etc, etc, etc.  The event attracts people from far and wide and I'm sure it filled a few hotel rooms over the weekend as well as filling VC. 
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips