Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216528 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #510 on: February 03, 2014, 07:57:46 pm »
Im sure the management are quite happy to just have the theatre busy,i don;t think they can cope with too much on and they still get paid weaher the Arena is used or not this is why private promotors should be allowed to take over the Arena and bring more people into town.

Offline nwpo

« Reply #511 on: February 04, 2014, 12:12:00 pm »
Venue Cymru and Theatr Colwyn should be let out to private promoters.

In Southend-on-Sea, the Cliff Pavillion and Palace Theatres were let out by the Council. The losses have been stemmed, rent is paid to the council and, crucially, THEY'RE MAKING A PROFIT as shown on their accounts at Companies House.

But, if you look at the sheer amount of productions and events going in, it really is no wonder.

www.southendtheatres.org.uk

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #512 on: February 04, 2014, 03:58:45 pm »
Bit difficult comparing Sahf End with Llandudno.  The catchment area for S on Sea is 20 times that of this area.

ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #513 on: February 04, 2014, 04:05:08 pm »
If its a good production or a good band Mancs ,Scoucers ,Stokies,Chesterites will all travel and many older ones will use one of our many beds.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #514 on: February 04, 2014, 04:07:39 pm »
If its a good production or a good band Mancs ,Scoucers ,Stokies,Chesterites will all travel and many older ones will use one of our many beds.

TRUE!    :D
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #515 on: February 04, 2014, 04:16:11 pm »
Yorkie that is the first time you have agreed with me,omg.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #516 on: February 04, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »
Yorkie that is the first time you have agreed with me,omg.

Oh s***e.  I must be going senile.  Actually, I applaud your efforts, but am just not interested in the present format of the Extravaganza!

Were your strenuous efforts directed elsewhere, you could experience magnificent rewards, more valuable than those I suspect you get at the moment, and with much less frustration!
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #517 on: February 04, 2014, 06:55:13 pm »
Yorkie i would;nt do it if i did;nt enjoy it believe me.Being born in Llandudno i was one who applauded Margaret Lyons and John Boyle for bringing some life into town being a 25 year old when it started i was so glad to see the town come to life  so im glad to help keep it going,obviously my concern is not having the right people to continue it,i will keep looking.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #518 on: February 20, 2014, 04:47:03 pm »
Jessi J in Colwyn bay Arena,Tom Jones also booked hence the complete and utter emptiness of the Llandudno Arena,need i say anymore,the whole place is being ignored while they put every ounce into Colwyn Bay.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #519 on: February 21, 2014, 08:39:19 am »
I suppose it's the 21st C equivalent of the old Summer Season entertainers used to do in the '50s and '60s.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2014, 08:20:58 am »
I have started contacting music promotors to find out why Venue Cymru Arena is being ignored and will let you know as soon as i get a reply,12 months without one gig for the youth of this town is beyond,the theatre can attract all top shows and comedians and to be fair so HAS the Arena but for some reason nothing for 12 months and nothing on the cards.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2014, 12:17:32 pm »
Cast were there in December.

But I take your point - they are hardly for the youth

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #522 on: February 27, 2014, 10:00:21 pm »
Cast played in the Hall upstairs which holds 1,000 all standing and i think a local hotelier put that on.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #523 on: February 28, 2014, 09:00:12 pm »
Simple minds were there in april, not for the really young though but Mumford and sons played they were ace  :D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #524 on: February 28, 2014, 09:43:53 pm »
Simple minds were there in april, not for the really young though but Mumford and sons played they were ace  :D

I thought simple minds manage the place.

;D