Author Topic: Recommend A Local Business  (Read 125638 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Recommend A Local Business
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2011, 07:23:32 pm »
With my recent recommendations of local businesses, I have always waited until the work is done, tested and invoiced before I can be certain to give the recommendation.

In line with that, I want to now recommend BRIAN THOMAS, Plumbing and Heating, to anyone who has any plumbing requirements.
Phone 07767 447110
Its no great secret anyway, as I and many other Forum members have done business with Brian in the past, and had nothing but great service.
But this time around, it was a whole new level because there were loads of problems left over from my previous (so-called) builders and plumbers....which Brian tackled and put right as the first priority.
Such things as radiators, toilets, a dishwasher and outside piping all had to be done.
There was also the need to fully install an 'under floor' heating system.  Which was left in a terrible state by the previous guys. A feat in itself.
Everything has been done to the highest standard.. and I even have £50 left out of my budget, to spend in The King's Head tonight.
The other great thing about dealing with Brian Thomas is, he knows all the other best tradesmen in the area, so he was able to get me out of the mire with electricians, plasterers, builders and all the rest.

So, whatever you need doing in the world of plumbing....THINK BRIAN!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2011, 06:10:05 pm »
As many of you will know, I have had several nightmares with an extension building project this year.
The big mistake I made was to choose builders from many miles away, without local recommendations.
However, to put everything right and finish the job properly, there WAS a local firm who I wish I had known about at the beginning.
DEAN SEAGER, (General Builders and Plasterers)  was recommended to me by Brian Thomas.
Dean stepped in and took control of the project, after the previous firm got out of their depth and abandoned it.

Dean's work was recommended to me by others in the Llandudno area also, and as the work began it was easy to see why.
With Dean there is none of this 'give us some money for materials up front' ... or any 'vague estimates'
Dean quoted a good and fair rate for each stage of the job, the quote was honoured and never increased.
No payment is necessary until the job was fully complete and I was happy with it. (Isn't that a refreshing change?)
Also with Dean Seager, you get the services of a superb team. I want to particularly thank Chris and Danny who are brilliant guys and superb craftsmen.

In summary, I have had plastering, rendering, paving, sewerage and pipework, foundations and brickwork...also some joinery all done by Dean's crew.
The quality of every aspect has been first class. I am delighted with it.
If anyone reading this wishes to come and inspect the work Dean has done for me, you are most welcome... just send me a PM (private message)

If you are considering any building work, anything from garden walls to full extensions... I would urge you to contact Dean Seager on;
07767 805246
or email  -  deanseager10@googlemail.com

I wish I had known about Dean at the start of 2010.  I would have saved a lot of time, money, stress...
And I would have had a superior job done too.

Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »
As a follow up to the recent house extension, we had a lot of jobs which required a joiner.
This was to give everything a quality finish.
I remembered that GARY CARSON from Rhos-on-Sea had made a great job of rectifying some errors made by my kitchen fitters, so I called him up.

Today he has fitted me some new internal doors, plus other remedial work, and I have recruited him to replace the steps in a staircase that we have that in our garden.
I am lucky because Gary is often in high demand, though I believe he does have slots available at the moment.
His rates are very good... his work is of the highest quality, and he is a brilliant lad too!

So, if you have the need for a joiner, from hanging a door to a fully fitted kitchen, I can totally recommend;
GARY CARSON  - Tel 07825 758739
E-mail  zandgcarson@hotmail.co.uk
Fester...

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2012, 01:46:43 pm »
I had the misfortune to catch the sleeve of my nice new coat on a door handle earlier this week. What a mess, but someone suggested I take it to

The Zip Yard, 38 Madoc Street, Llandudno tel 01492 870808

Amongst other things they carry out garment repairs and alterations.
I collected the coat this morning and was delighted with the repair, and the reasonable cost.

The customer service was impeccable too. Many thanks.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2012, 04:16:00 pm »
I bought a fantastic leather flying jacket on Tuesday, unfortunately it had a large tear across the shoulder.  A friend suggested I take the coat to the Zip Yard which I did and was truly gob smacked at the repair work the girl did, honestly I'm chuffed to bits.  I was only charged £20 + £3 as I wanted it done the same day, within 2 hrs I received a text saying my coat was ready.  Fabulous place that I would highly recommend to anyone.  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2012, 03:55:07 pm »
I also used them recently to make a cushion cover for an odd shaped cushion pad. Good job.
Saw their car in town today.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2012, 10:10:53 am »
Having just moved to Rhos on Sea we found that there was no Freeview signal, this was because the aerial cable had been cut off! Following a recommendation on here we called in the chaps from Orme Television. At a very reasonable charge they fitted a new cable to the existing aerial and into the room, also without asking they set up my new BT Vision box! A great service from Orme Television on
01492 875352.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2012, 01:00:11 pm »
Yorkie recommended them on the Forum some time ago and I had them to do some work for me. They were excellent and the rates were very reasonable and I'd have no hesitation in reccomending them to anyone.    $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2012, 06:38:35 pm »
Cor'  I dun something rite for a change - Unlike First Choice Travel in Parc Llandudno today!

My wife and I visited this example of a Holiday Superstore at about 2.30 today.  Apart from one couple at one desk the rest of the seven or eight staff were sat at their desks, chatting to each other and appearing to be doing nothing of importance.

We went in with the intention of booking a cruise to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary in the Summer, basic value around £4,000 plus a few extras.   We mooched around looking at Cruise Brochures and discussing the various merits of what we saw, spent time looking at the Manager's Specials and in fact wandered to almost every corner of the showroom.  We were in the store for a good 15 to 20 minutes and were not approached or greeted by ANY MEMBER OF THE STAFF.  In fact I had to pinch myself to make sure I was actually there - I felt just like the Invisible Man.

Being a rather scruffy and very casual dresser I can only presume that they all thought I was incapable of affording anything in the brochures I was reading, whereas the reverse is actually the case.  Finally I stopped in the middle of the showroom and said to the Mrs that we would go and check what's available on the Internet.  I had a last look round at all the girls, and apart from one who had approached a young couple who had just entered the store. they appeared oblivious to our presence.    :rage:

We left - I suggest no one else bothers to even go in unless they just want to do a Greta Garbo and "be alone".   I was reminded of that old song

WE'RE BUSY DOING NOTHING,
WORKING THE WHOLE DAY THROUGH.
TRYING TO FIND LOTS OF THINGS,
NOT TO DO.
WE'RE BUSY DOING NOTHING,
ISN T IT JUST A CRIME?
WE'D LIKE TO BE UNHAPPY,
BUT WE NEVER DO HAVE THE TIME.

_))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »
Yorkie, its service like that which makes me glad I am not a shareholder in First Choice (or TUI Travel)

To be fair, when Mrs Fester called in to book a holiday for four of us, later this year, it was a smooth process.
They were also very good on the phone later when I wanted to amend the booking a week later.

But, as you say, the lack of motivation to accommodate a potentially high spending customer is simply not good enough.  &shake&
I reckon that your booking would have double the takings for the entire day, maybe more.
I would be tempted to let the regional manager for First Choice know about your experience.
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »
I would be tempted to let the regional manager for First Choice know about your experience.

The Regional Manager has already indicated, by the total lack of customer service by his or her staff, that any training given has been a waste of time.  The staff should be motivated themselves and I suspect they have a soft, useless, uninterested Manager who has failed miserably to get the respect and cooperation of the Store Staff.   I could motivate the lot of them in half an hour, and afterwards any non responsive effort would soon result in being shown the door!   >>>

You've been there Fester so you know the score as well as I do.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2012, 09:43:10 pm »

The Regional Manager has already indicated, by the total lack of customer service by his or her staff, that any training given has been a waste of time.  The staff should be motivated themselves and I suspect they have a soft, useless, uninterested Manager who has failed miserably to get the respect and cooperation of the Store Staff.   I could motivate the lot of them in half an hour, and afterwards any non responsive effort would soon result in being shown the door!   >>>

You've been there Fester so you know the score as well as I do.

Indeed I have, and I'm glad I only have to manage myself these days.
I noticed over the years that the calibre and attitude of people entering the workforce was getting progressively worse.
I used to spend 80% of my time on business results and 20% on staff 'issues' in the early years.
By the time I finished, those figures had more or less reversed.  :(
Fester...

Offline Paddy

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2012, 03:59:50 pm »
I've just had a British Gas engineer round to replace my meter. Unfortunately he has found a problem with my boiler! Can anyone recommend a good, local, "Gas Safe" registered boiler repair man please?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2012, 04:49:04 pm »
Paddy, give Tom Gas a call on 07786556902.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2012, 05:51:06 pm »
Sorry to cut across the Gas boiler thread but while I remember. We have just had a new pitched roof put on to replace the previous flat roof on the dormer. The work was  undertaken by RHI (Reid Home Improvements) a local firm from Llanrhos (01492 338909). It's the second time we have used them and on the basis of the way they again  carried out our work, their attitude to delivering a quality product  and the end result I can heartily recommend them to all the members of the forum requiring any building work.