Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 163723 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Niggles
« Reply #420 on: May 05, 2011, 09:19:22 pm »
Exactly !!

In my piddly kiosk I get all the nutcases in the world on a regular basis,... but only this week I had the grand-daddy of all annoying Americans.
I was trying to talk to a current customer, when two American women basically barged in and ambushed the conversation.
One said ''Hey, can I ask a question''
This turned into a whole series of inane questions. Starting with the usual ones, 'Where's the tram', 'whats that little castley shaped building over there' (The Tollhouse) ...My customer got annoyed, and left...

Then after a torturous few minutes I was hit with the BIQ question..
''So, tell me, what is this Great Orme all about?  Kinda what is it?  Where did it come from?''

At this point I'd had enough. I had been very kind and helpful up to this point...but NOW!!!
My reaction was...''I'm a shopkeeper not a geologist?....how the hell do you expect a sensible answer to that ?''

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #421 on: May 05, 2011, 10:27:55 pm »
Exactly !!

In my piddly kiosk I get all the nutcases in the world on a regular basis,...''

yes, we must come and visit you again soon  ;D   L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #422 on: May 05, 2011, 10:30:13 pm »
I'm really sorry Fester  _))* L0L but I wish I's been there  L0L Classic
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2011, 11:13:33 am »
How long before Match.Com change their advert, the one where they sing "I like old movies" "like Godfather 3" it makes my skin crawl is so annoying.  :rage: Is the girl supposed to look fashionable? To me she looks like she's just stepped out of a 1970s jumble sale, :o I can say this with some credibility too as my mother knitted me the very same jumper when I was 8 years old.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #424 on: May 07, 2011, 12:08:44 pm »
How long before Match.Com change their advert, the one where they sing "I like old movies" "like Godfather 3" it makes my skin crawl is so annoying.  :rage:

Mabe a good old rousing chorus of "Match-stick men and match-stick cats and dogs" would be better?    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #425 on: May 08, 2011, 03:35:24 am »
Y'know when you watch an American movie all the people in the background seem pretty normal,  just different accents.  Well where do the ones who arrive in bus loads to Conwy live then, the ones in green shorts, orange t'shirts, over sized cameras  and speak through fog horns in all the shops and streets.  The ones who go "yeeeah" at every available opportunity and they're "ammmazed" by everything because quite frankly I never want to go there.  :rage: :twoface:

Reminds me of the film Trainspotting, when the American tourist wandered into the wrong pub during the Edinburgh Festival and was done by Francis Begbie.  :laugh:

http://youtu.be/kHjxD9yM08Y

Offline Paddy

« Reply #426 on: May 09, 2011, 10:07:46 am »
If my call is so important to them why don't they answer the bloody phone?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #427 on: May 09, 2011, 12:36:24 pm »
America is such a massive place you're always gonna get a big divergence.
I would say that a group of people from Newcastle and a group of people from Llanwrst are going to come act and be percieved as very different abroad. So with America you can times that difference by a million!

Where abouts were your tourists from Fester?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #428 on: May 09, 2011, 07:23:19 pm »
Why does it suddenly start raining 10 minutes after the washing has been hung out?
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #429 on: May 09, 2011, 07:30:03 pm »
More to the point why does it start raining 10 minutes before you can get home to get the dry washing in.!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #430 on: May 09, 2011, 11:10:21 pm »
I would say that a group of people from Newcastle and a group of people from Llanwrst are going to come act and be percieved as very different abroad. So with America you can times that difference by a million!

No idea B2R,  they were too busy bombarding ME with ludicrous questions, that I couldn't get a word in...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #431 on: May 10, 2011, 12:42:08 am »

No idea B2R,  they were too busy bombarding ME with ludicrous questions, that I couldn't get a word in...

They were probably Canadian.  :laugh:

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #432 on: May 12, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »
I think I prefer loud Americans in Llandudno to loutish Brits abroad any day of the week

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #433 on: May 15, 2011, 10:51:22 am »
Think I'll bury my head. Have got the two descending on me next Sunday who think Snowdon must be a couple of miles down the  road !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #434 on: May 15, 2011, 10:58:08 am »
Point them in the direction of Conwy they'll never know  ;D