Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 251003 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #525 on: November 03, 2011, 08:31:03 am »
Enjoy your trip Mike-- hope it is somewhere warm!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #526 on: November 03, 2011, 09:37:26 am »
  Yorkie, I'm not being nasty and I know you would never mislead me,  but at 7.50 p.m. you suggest I should try a good broker and, at 8.40 p.m. you state "I never use a broker."

Oh dear, did you have a sudden change of heart?  LOL

In your case a broker may have been the best answer, that is all I was suggesting.  Just because I don't use one does not mean that I do not appreciete the benefit of using them sometimes.

I had a high powered car that would only be handled by certain underwriters and therefore going direct was my best solution.

Each man to his own.   Happy holidays!   Not Portugal is it?    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:01 pm »
I've just started reading a book by David Icke.  I'm going to reserve judgement until I've finished it.  has anyone else read any of his material?  For a long time I have believed in some of the conspiracy stories mainly as these stories can be backed up with real facts and as far as the establishment goes events always seem a little let's just say convenient.

Just listen to the end of this statement and what the ex MI5 agent says about Princess Diana.

Ex MI5 agent exposes David Icke's big lie.

Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #528 on: November 16, 2011, 11:13:48 pm »
Whatever you believe have a look at this interview between David Icke and Shamen Credo Mutwa.  A very respected Shamen of the Zulu people.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #529 on: November 25, 2011, 12:14:20 pm »
Whatever you believe have a look at this interview between David Icke and Shamen Credo Mutwa.  A very respected Shamen of the Zulu people.

David Icke - Credo Mutwa Interview - 1/2

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Oil Spill
« Reply #530 on: December 21, 2011, 10:18:48 am »
An astonishing video from Iraq, from yesterday.
Some Iraqi's took a digger, uncovered an underground oil pipeline.
Then, using nothing more than an angke gringer.. cut into it and thousands upon thousands of gallons erupted.
Take a look at this 3 minute video.... and look at all the illegal tankers queuing up to steal it.
Its a terrible mess.. and still going on.

LiveLeak.com - Oil Cowboys Strike Rich Crude In Desert

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Bookies Rip Off
« Reply #531 on: December 28, 2011, 11:45:27 pm »
Bookmakers set the odds meticulously in a horse race, to ensure they always make a profit margin no matter what the outcome of a race or match.
So this is why I am so disgusted that Betfair, a very large bookmaker chain, have chosen NOT to honour winning bets in this article below, purely due to a mistake that THEY made.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16349786

In short, the winning horse was the hot favourite to win with all other bookies at odds of less than 2 to 1.
But Betfair quoted odds of 28 to 1, and this attracted massive bets from punters.
The horse duly one.... but Betfair have called the race VOID, claiming the odds were a 'technical mistake'

I wonder... if I place a bet, and lose.... could I have my money back? Claiming that I made a 'technical mistake' in choosing the wrong horse????

Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Bookies Rip Off
« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2011, 06:58:17 am »
Sounds like Betunfair, mind you I've never been in a bookmakers or in fact ever bet on anything!  Best off with something like www.betboo.com   D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #533 on: December 30, 2011, 04:07:25 pm »

I wonder... if I place a bet, and lose.... could I have my money back? Claiming that I made a 'technical mistake' in choosing the wrong horse????

I don't see why you cannot do this!   After all any contract should be fair to both parties and if the Bookie has a post race get out then so should the punter!    Try it and let me know how you get on! 
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #534 on: December 30, 2011, 04:31:49 pm »
I'm guessing it's roughly the same as a shop pricing an item at a clearly incorrect price. In Law, the shop does not have to sell anything until both its representatives and the customer agree to the sale.  In Betfair's case, since they accepted the bet, it would be interesting to see how they could wriggle out of it, other than to say it was in their terms and conditions. They, themselves, could be challenged under The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.  Interestingly, Gambling Debts were unenforceable until 2006.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #535 on: December 30, 2011, 07:58:50 pm »
I'll give you 10 to 1 they get away with it!   And probably lose a lot of business into the bargain! L0L
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #536 on: December 30, 2011, 11:33:55 pm »
I have looked into this issue a little further.
However, the principle still remains the same.

The incident happened as part of ''in race'' betting online...
This is where the punter is keeping a close eye on the race, (or football match) looking for good betting opportunities as the events unfold.
Here, the winning horse was well clear in the last 100 yards, and the odds should have been adjusted to something like 1/28.   But the bookie made the mistake of making them 28 to 1,  so eagle eyed punters quickly piled money on.

The liabilities to Betfair were approx £1.6 million (or so they claim) .... and therefore they made the race 'void'
I still say the priniple is wrong, and they should have been forced to pay out.
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #537 on: December 31, 2011, 07:38:24 am »
Sometimes at the end of contracts, documents etc. there lurks the little few words, "errors and ommissions excepted", maybe such could apply in this case.

Not being a betting person (except a couple of quid on the National) I am not too upset about what the punters lost, or what the Bookie would have "lost" had he paid out.   L0L
Cicero

Offline MATS1717

The Wash
« Reply #538 on: January 03, 2012, 08:21:28 pm »
Why does nobody go to the Wash anymore - mind you the dancing bit is is a doggy doos location...should revert to how it used to be

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: The Wash
« Reply #539 on: January 03, 2012, 08:31:04 pm »
I remember it being full of middle aged women with sharp elbows!  ;D

I think the town's nightlife has shifted up to Upper Mostyn Street now, with Fat Cat, Fountains, Cooneys, Wetherspoons, Club 147 all pulling in the punters. Why would you need to go down to the Wash?