Author Topic: Local Politics  (Read 181594 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Local Politics
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2012, 10:18:45 am »
1, Pier Pavilion Site
2, Pier Pavilion Site
3, Pier Pavilion Site.

Not that I'm obsessed or anything.

I understand that the council officer responsible for all things to do with the site and chasing it up generally is a Mr Bob Dix. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2012, 10:19:28 am »
Very apt!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »
1, Pier Pavilion Site
2, Pier Pavilion Site
3, Pier Pavilion Site.

Not that I'm obsessed or anything.

I understand that the council officer responsible for all things to do with the site and chasing it up generally is a Mr Bob Dix.

Indeed Ian,
I contacted Rob and others in his dept for than 3 years ago when I made serious (but possibly naive) enquiries into developing the site and the LDP in terms of the site.
I have replies from Mr Dix and have kept them in my email archives.
They are a shining example of how public servants do nothing but pass the buck and accept no responsibility for items firmly within their remit.
He certainly did not cover himself in glory.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29:10 am »
I understand that is the generally accepted view. Perhaps we need a campaign of letter writing...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »
Someone must have heard about my postings or there is an election due - How do I know?
 D)
Because today I received through my grand letterbox not just one, but TWO pieces of literature from the Conservative Party extolling the virtues of what they have achieved so far - what they will go on to achieve - and what wonderful people we have from their Party, looking after our interests in Parliament, the Welsh Asssembly, Conwy and Llandudno!!   

Could this be classed as "Election" material and should it be "registered" as an election expense?   On the other hand could it be published as the next Best Seller in the Pulp Fiction category?   L0L
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2012, 07:57:39 pm »
I advocate that all election printed material be put to good use..... on the roller in our bathrooms!   $smack$

I think you get the idea.
Fester...

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2012, 07:59:28 pm »
No
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #307 on: March 19, 2012, 08:04:37 pm »
In that case....... it could save you a lot money this season, by putting it into your guests bathrooms... instead of Andrex.

Any clearer?
Fester...

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #308 on: March 19, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »
In that case....... it could save you a lot money this season, by putting it into your guests bathrooms... instead of Andrex.

Any clearer?
Sorry Fester I was trying to vote in the poll at the top of the page your previous post made complete sense
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #309 on: March 19, 2012, 09:40:15 pm »
First I would not make any promises that I had no intention of keeping.
Second I would not follow the doctrine of any one Political Party.
Policies would be based on good old downright common sense needs of the Community.
Having been in business I believe that Councils should be answerable to their residents as Companies have to be to their shareholders.
In Industry efficiency and cost awareness are of prime importance, such should be the case in Local Government without sacrificing the quality of essential services to the community.
I would listen to the public but would not glibly agree to every request unless it was affordable and of benefit to everyone.

Plenty more where that came from!    >>>
Can't fire all the ammunition in one go!   ;)
So would you be wanting to join the Independent Group then? I suspect you would need to be aligned in some way or you would have absolutely no influence in meetings.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: March 20, 2012, 07:57:24 am »
So would you be wanting to join the Independent Group then?

That's a fascinating and apparently contradictory concept. A ''group' of independents is almost oxymoronic;  a bit like Army Intelligence…

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #311 on: March 20, 2012, 08:20:56 am »
First I would not make any promises that I had no intention of keeping.
Second I would not follow the doctrine of any one Political Party.
Policies would be based on good old downright common sense needs of the Community.
Having been in business I believe that Councils should be answerable to their residents as Companies have to be to their shareholders.
In Industry efficiency and cost awareness are of prime importance, such should be the case in Local Government without sacrificing the quality of essential services to the community.
I would listen to the public but would not glibly agree to every request unless it was affordable and of benefit to everyone.

Plenty more where that came from!    >>>
Can't fire all the ammunition in one go!   ;)
So would you be wanting to join the Independent Group then? I suspect you would need to be aligned in some way or you would have absolutely no influence in meetings.

You would be surprised!!!!!

One does not have to be a member of the largest or any "Group", "Party" or what ever you want to call it to be effective.    Any "Group" can make stupid decisions, as we witness on a daily basis,  but often intelligent ideas put forward by just one, or even a few people, can be recognised by the "Groups" and adopted as a common sense answer to many a problem.   The "one" is also in a position where he or she can lobby other Members and get ideas, and ultimately, decisions changed!  A lot of it depends on the person and their background.  I am NOT a politician, never have been and never will be.   But I am, and have been, involved in many other aspects of life that give me an excellent background to serving the Community, efficiently, effectively and economically.

>>>   >>>   >>>

Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2012, 09:00:16 am »

That's a fascinating and apparently contradictory concept. A ''group' of independents is almost oxymoronic;  a bit like Army Intelligence…
I suppose it works as long as they can agree on some key principles...and agree to differ on the rest!  :laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2012, 09:55:42 am »

Or Scottish Football?   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #314 on: March 20, 2012, 01:48:29 pm »
I suppose it works as long as they can agree on some key principles...and agree to differ on the rest!  :laugh:

If there are certain key principles that I am happy with, then I would certainly back them.  This also gives bargaining power when the "one" seeks backing for his or her ideas!   Neither one person or one group are capable of being right all the time but if mistakes are made then owning up is better than covering up - and then getting on with rectification of the error.   
 $walesflag$
Cicero