Author Topic: Local Politics  (Read 181632 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Local Politics
« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2012, 10:27:55 pm »
Yorkie.... who is 'THE ONE?' ?{}?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #316 on: March 20, 2012, 10:36:47 pm »
 :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #317 on: March 21, 2012, 07:47:29 am »
Yorkie.... who is 'THE ONE?' ?{}?

And I thought that you spoke English!

ONE [wuhn]  
adjective
1. being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more; a single: one woman; one nation; one piece of cake.
2. being a person, thing, or individual instance or member of a number, kind, group, or category indicated: one member of the party.
3. existing, acting, or considered as a single unit, entity, or individual.
4. of the same or having a single kind, nature, or condition: We belong to one team; We are of one resolve.
5. noting some indefinite day or time in the future: You will see him one day.
6. a certain (often used in naming a person otherwise unknown or undescribed): One John Smith was chosen.
7. being a particular, unique, or only individual, item, or unit: I'm looking for the one adviser I can trust.
8. noting some indefinite day or time in the past: We all had dinner together one evening last week.
9. of no consequence as to the character, outcome, etc.; the same: It's all one to me whether they go or not.

££$   :P
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline dingo20

Dogs
« Reply #318 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:09 pm »
Has anyone else noticed the amount of time and effort that is being spent on dogs? The council seems to be targeting dog owners I understand the dog poo problem but to ban dogs from parts of the town seems a bit extreme or is it a distraction from other business? I saw in the weekly news that some bloke suggested banning dogs in the town what about Cats, goats and sheep? Or even Pillocks that make daft comments?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2012, 01:12:24 pm »
Yes I agree, but being "a responsible dog owner" as it is called and always cleaning up after my own dog I can see the point. Some 'phantom ' dog owner visits our street on a regular basis and allows their dog to leave deposits in front of our gates and even on a neighbour's front steps. We get enough mess with the goats, but they aren't accompanied by a person.
Whoever you are--- shame on you.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: March 21, 2012, 01:35:45 pm »
There's few things worse than dog mess somewhere like Mostyn Street where it gets spread around the pavement by hundreds of feet. Not nice at all and no need for it. Would dog owners really be that inconvenienced by not being able to walk their dog along Mostyn Street (for example)?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #321 on: March 21, 2012, 04:25:58 pm »
perhaps the responsible dog owners should report the irresponsible dog owners, I hope to see dog wardens out enforcing the law and issuing large fines for not cleaning up. Time also to bring back the dog licence and a points system like a driving licence.  I love going for walks but usually it's spoilt by having to watch what you tread in  $angry$ $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian48

« Reply #322 on: March 21, 2012, 04:54:48 pm »
I don't think dog licences ever did much at all really. Nowadays in fact you see so many less strays around town than you used to years ago (circa 25 or more). Back then you used to see dogs roaming all over town alone. I agree enforcements should be severe. You choose to have a dog, you clean up after it!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2012, 05:00:10 pm »
Exactly
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #324 on: March 21, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »
I've never been a dog lover, but I have met many recently (including Nemesis' dog.. ahhh), that I think are pretty cute.

But, nearly every day of the week I see piles of dog poo ... on THE PIER!   
This is due to the 'other crowd', what seems to be a growing minority of irresponsible dog owners.

It makes me really angry and nauseous, ... when the pier gets busy it becomes totally unavoidable for kids, adults, wheelchairs etc to avoid it and spread it everywhere.

I join Merddin in his assertion that VERY large fines are necessary for THOSE type of owners.
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2012, 09:13:48 pm »
I think a lot of the dog s****e we see around is from the dogs brought here by holidaymakers who seem to take their dogs everwhere with them these days.

Local Hotels could, and probably should, hand out leaflets and information on our dog laws to everyone bringing a dog with them.
Cicero

Offline Dave

« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2012, 10:09:02 pm »
Personally I think it should be an offence to exercise a dog in a public place without the means to clean up after it, i.e. carrying a suitable bag.
Spot fines for those who can't demonstrate a means of clearing up after their pets.

I find it amazing how many irresponsible owners there are still about and they do a great injustice to those who clean up after their pets by bringing all dog owners in to disrepute.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2012, 10:12:42 pm »
I have often thought that local politics was a load of s&*t but, in this case, that would literally seem to be the case...  :laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2012, 10:22:07 pm »
I have often thought that local politics was a load of s&*t but, in this case, that would literally seem to be the case...  :laugh:

L0L L0L L0L   I'm right with you on that..    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2012, 07:34:38 am »

The Council will get to the "bottom" of it one day!    ;)
Cicero