Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028878 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2685 on: April 22, 2015, 12:21:34 pm »
The owner of Fountains Bar has received an £18,000 fine for playing music without an appropriate licence.

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Running-your-pub/Entertainment/Wales-Fountains-Bar-nightclub-Llandudno-high-court-ruling-18-000

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2686 on: April 22, 2015, 01:32:39 pm »
Should be fined £50,0000000 for playing that awful music with or without a licence

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2687 on: April 22, 2015, 02:27:07 pm »
Should be fined £50,0000000 for playing that awful music with or without a licence

When were you last in?  There is an excellent jukebox in The Fountains, which means you can listen to whatever you like, even that weird Irish tripe you call 'music'   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2688 on: April 22, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »
Are you sure there is a jukebox? I've never seen one, even if I'm seeing double I should see at least two, so that wouldn't explain it.
If they have got one in then it must be pretty new. Even then I expect it's one of those awful digital ones and not a proper one!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2689 on: April 22, 2015, 04:05:20 pm »
It's like the one in The Cross Keys, with like Ten Billion tunes on it.  Been there about 3 years, which just shows how long it's been since you were last allowed to go out.  :laugh: :laugh:

Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2690 on: April 22, 2015, 04:30:43 pm »
I didn't know the cross keys had one either  _))*

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2691 on: April 22, 2015, 08:16:33 pm »
  I see the transport people are on their way back to Bodafon fields. Good. However I have a small mystery. At least it is a mystery to me.
   All the signs for the farm park, both permanent and temporary, have been taken down some weeks ago. T his suggests something, but I am not going to jump the gun. At the same time the farm park cafe, now retitled restaurant, are actively seeking waiting on staff. Also the farm park social media with Tweets and Facebook entries has become far more active. Indeed I would say in the past it was non-existent, but not now. Plenty to read
  Anyone any ideas? Come to that, is it anybody's business except the farm park itself? God forbid that my mature years are turning me into a nosey busybody.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2692 on: April 22, 2015, 10:44:47 pm »
  Come to that, is it anybody's business except the farm park itself? God forbid that my mature years are turning me into a nosey busybody.

Ha ha Mike, that wouldn't make you any different to the vast majority around here!
After all, why are we all on a Forum such as this?   :laugh:
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2693 on: April 23, 2015, 09:45:21 am »
I would just like to mention I spent Tuesday at an all day meeting at the Quay Hotel in Deganwy.  $good$

I thought the lunch and dinner were both superb as well as the service from staff.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2694 on: April 26, 2015, 10:23:52 am »
Another visit to the Seahorse last night. As always, the quality of the food was first class. I still maintain this is the best restaurant in Llandudno. $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2695 on: April 26, 2015, 12:27:13 pm »
Another visit to the Seahorse last night. As always, the quality of the food was first class. I still maintain this is the best restaurant in Llandudno. $good$

I was talking to Don the other night, (Proprietor; Seahorse), and he says there are several celebrities in his place regularly these days.  The cast of 12 Angry Men have been more than once in the last week.
He also has several potential awards pending.... one of them being 'Best Seafood Restaurant in N Wales'
I can't see anyone beating him to it, to be honest.  $walesflag$ $good$

Fester...

Offline hollins

« Reply #2696 on: April 26, 2015, 12:57:39 pm »
I love the food there too, just wish they could relocate to different premises.
I'm dreaming now but imagine eating their delicious fish dishes in a second floor restaurant with an outdoor terrace in a rebuilt Pier Pavilion.
I notice that Dylan's is opening in May in that super Art Deco style building on Criccieth promenade. I bet that will be really popular.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2697 on: April 26, 2015, 01:03:11 pm »
I must try the Seahorse some time but last night I was enjoying an Italian meal in the nearby La Taverna and it was as nice as ever.  We had a 3 course meal there and not only is the food good there but it's very reasonably priced too.
Mrs H had lasagna for her main course and said that it was the best she has ever tasted and I must agree after tasting some myself.  I had the Tagliatelle con Pancetta e Funghi and that was delicious too.        $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2698 on: April 26, 2015, 01:08:37 pm »

I'm dreaming now but imagine eating their delicious fish dishes in a second floor restaurant with an outdoor terrace in a rebuilt Pier Pavilion.

It's just a pipedream Hollins but what an excellent suggestion and location.    It's a shame that they don't make more of the Venue Cymru as a restaurant as the views from it are also superb

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2699 on: April 26, 2015, 04:00:33 pm »
Been a few times Hugo,reasonabley priced and always nice,can;t understand why its not open every weekend,show or not.