Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028881 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2295 on: August 04, 2014, 01:30:46 pm »
The Starbucks coffee shop that is opening at 1 Mostyn Street is a franchise, rather than a Starbucks owned business. It is operated by the same company that operates KFC restaurants under franchise locally.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2296 on: August 04, 2014, 01:36:45 pm »
Always thought they were all franchises dave

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2297 on: August 05, 2014, 12:39:27 am »

The Afon Conwy do all you can eat buffets each evening .  Admittedly it's not the finest quality food but Wednesday is currently "Hot dogs & burgers" night so for £6.99 you can take your pick from burgers or cheese burgers (with or without bun), frankfurters or battered frankfurters (with or without hot dog roll), grilled chicken breasts, breaded chicken, chips, onion rings, chilli, BBQ beans, bacon, fried eggs and no doubt a few things I've forgotten about.  There's also a salad bar but why anyone would want salad when they can have an unlimited supply of burgers and hot dogs

Sounds fantastic.... I will be getting involved.
I wholeheartedly agree that salads are a complete waste of time, and should never interfere with real food!    $dins$ $dins$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2298 on: August 05, 2014, 08:50:05 am »
Admittedly it's not the finest quality food
Eating all that poor quality junk will not do anything for your health.  &shake&

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2299 on: August 05, 2014, 11:14:20 am »
I agree that many local businesses leave a lot to be desired with regards to the exterior appearance of their properties. Of course, the owners have a million and one other things to think about , but it's important not to let things like that slip. Attention to detail is the difference between a good and a great business.

Having just returned from my morning walk with the dog, this thread popped into my mind as I walked past a food outlet in the town centre. Under the outside tables there was so much grease that the floor looked slippery. Again the same thing popped up as I walked past one of the small hotels and indeed one of the larger ones. The smaller had so much rubbish and mess surrounding it that the garden wasn't visible and the larger one looked ready to fall into it's unkempt garden. Don't people see such things or is it just me?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #2300 on: August 05, 2014, 01:30:49 pm »
Zanzibar in Colwyn Bay has changed hands and will be reopening as the Flat White Cafe.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #2301 on: August 05, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »
Nemesis ..... it's not just you, it's every discerning visitor to Llandudno, and like you, they will move to the next food outlet, or worse another town for their next outing........apart from the pavements, I also notice the fabric of the upper buildings in Mostyn St. leave a lot to be desired, gutters etc. its the main street, its the one, most will see.
Last year, walking past the smaller hotels, (top end north shore) I said to my companions, "you would think these owners would pay more attention to their pavements"  I was overheard by the owner, sitting in his well kept garden, who informed me, in no uncertain terms "that he had bleached and pressure washed said pavement and later, had been advised by the council not to do it again "  an HS issue?  maybe the bleach, maybe the overspray, but, its a shame when someone tries . looks like its down to the council for heavy cleaning.....ah well.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2302 on: August 06, 2014, 12:24:51 am »
Eating all that poor quality junk will not do anything for your health.  &shake&

Sayeth the man who LIVES his entire life on Pizza.   :laugh:
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2303 on: August 06, 2014, 08:52:05 am »

Sayeth the man who LIVES his entire life on Pizza.   :laugh:
It's not about the sort of food you eat, it's the quality of the ingredients that go into them that matters.

Eating that sort of rubbish at the Afon Conwy will be reminiscent of the time we ate 100 chicken wings at the Carlton.  :laugh:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2304 on: August 06, 2014, 10:53:15 am »
 :puke2: How many of you ate all those? :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2305 on: August 06, 2014, 11:38:17 am »

100 chicken wings is a mere snack to many people.   More difficult to strip off the tiny amount of meat on each one than eat them!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

craigollerton

« Reply #2306 on: August 06, 2014, 11:47:16 am »

100 chicken wings is a mere snack to many people.   More difficult to strip off the tiny amount of meat on each one than eat them!    L0L

100?!?!?! lol. Mmmm Chicken Wings :D 20 is about my max lol. Won't be getting Singapore style Chicken Wings on my next trip to Singapore, phewwwwww water water Arghhh mouths on fire! lol.

Totally addicted to Tesco's sweet chilli ones at the moment.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2307 on: August 06, 2014, 08:19:20 pm »

Dave and I did indeed trough our way through 100 chicken wings, deep fried ones at that... with dips and sauces!

We GORGED until we saw spots in front of our eyes, and continued until they were ALL gone.
Plus a few beers to wash them down.

I would do it again, in an instant!          $dins$ $drink1$ $dins$ $drink1$ $dins$ $drink1$
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2308 on: August 06, 2014, 08:22:11 pm »
You could also play a few games on the iPad in between bites!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2309 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:56 am »
You could also play a few games on the iPad in between bites!    ZXZ

Yes, If I had an ipad,   sadly any games I get to play are on an archaic iphone.  :(
Fester...