Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028888 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1545 on: June 28, 2013, 12:12:26 am »
_))* lovely! Not surprisingly I've never been in a posh frock shop, don't think erindoors has either!  ;D

I'm sure if you ask him nicely, Dave R will lend you one from his collection.  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Linda

« Reply #1546 on: June 28, 2013, 12:26:55 am »
Hope Daves colours dont clash with the rest of the Posh frock guys  _))*

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1547 on: June 28, 2013, 08:42:44 am »
Hope Daves colours dont clash with the rest of the Posh frock guys  _))*

Brings to mind one day just after the War (WWII).  It was one of those things that we had to wear "hand me downs" to save money and when we ran out of clothing coupons.  I often had to wear my elder Sister's frocks.  One special day I went to school in a particularly nice frock and the teacher was absolutely livid.  And all because he was wearing the same piece of schmutter!

I just didn't have the high heeled shoes.   :D   
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1548 on: June 28, 2013, 08:44:06 am »
OMG !!! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1549 on: June 28, 2013, 09:32:29 am »
_))* lovely! Not surprisingly I've never been in a posh frock shop, don't think erindoors has either!  ;D

I'm sure if you ask him nicely, Dave R will lend you one from his collection.  :laugh:
No point in asking Fester to lend one of his frocks, as they were designed for the larger (around the waist anyway  :laugh: ) man.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1550 on: June 28, 2013, 09:53:35 am »
Joking aside-- I used to make costumes for Panto productions and 'posh frocks' never fit men without alot of altering. It was easier to start from scratch than re-shape a ladies dress !
Perhaps Fester's were 'made to measure.? ;D

Offline Linda

« Reply #1551 on: June 28, 2013, 10:25:24 pm »
Hey Nemesis, I prob did not do as much as you, but I made a few dresses for the dancers of the Llandudno dancing academy for one of
Alex Monroes Pantos. At the time i was trying to complete some dance training for teaching so helped out a little. I had some lessons with
Margaret Lacy if anyone remembers her. Fantastic character. Actress and dancer in her young years. Alas I had a very young family as well
and my lovely children had to come first then so i had to take a back step with the teaching.

Offline Linda

« Reply #1552 on: June 28, 2013, 10:30:33 pm »
As regards the Posh frock subject maybe this topic needs it own section . Maybe a Christmas do with the Posh frocks on display by the Gentlemen in question  _))*

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1553 on: June 28, 2013, 11:46:47 pm »
As regards the Posh frock subject maybe this topic needs it own section . Maybe a Christmas do with the Posh frocks on display by the Gentlemen in question  _))*

Yes,.... I think we have collectively flogged that joke to within an inch of its life...
Fester...

Offline Linda

« Reply #1554 on: June 29, 2013, 12:45:21 am »

Yes,.... I think we have collectively flogged that joke to within an inch of its life...
Hmm! I wonder, it may crop up again one day, what do you say Nemesis  ;)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1555 on: June 29, 2013, 10:06:44 am »
Hey Nemesis, I prob did not do as much as you, but I made a few dresses for the dancers of the Llandudno dancing academy for one of
Alex Monroes Pantos. At the time i was trying to complete some dance training for teaching so helped out a little. I had some lessons with
Margaret Lacy if anyone remembers her. Fantastic character. Actress and dancer in her young years. Alas I had a very young family as well
and my lovely children had to come first then so i had to take a back step with the teaching.

ohh Linda-- and aren't they drama queens when it is time for fitting?
I remember one teenager who complained that the glittery shorts which I made for her weren't either short enough or tight enough. Little madam--- she couldn't sit down in them and they made her bottom itch when I had finished !

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #1556 on: June 29, 2013, 08:00:26 pm »
Linda - I remember Margaret Lacey well- she taught me ballet and ballroom dancing - a lovelly lady :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1557 on: June 29, 2013, 08:18:12 pm »
Was Margaret Lacey the lady who appeared in the James Bond film 'Diamonds Are Forever'?

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #1558 on: June 29, 2013, 08:32:25 pm »
Yes I think she was - she appeared in a lot of films!!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1559 on: June 30, 2013, 12:15:58 am »
ANYWAY!!!!!  Back to the subject of Cafes, Restaurants and Pubs if you don't mind! 

Tonight, it dawned on me just how badly standards are slipping in some of my previously favourite establishments in Llandudno.
In fact, some of the places I have often reviewed very positively on this Forum no longer deserve my patronage.
Its getting quite worrying.
I will not dwell on the negatives, other than to say that tonight we left one of our 'favourite' eateries in despair, even BEFORE we got served, because absolutely everything was wrong.
The exasperated staff simply did not care enough.

So, once again we threw ourselves (a group of four) on the mercy of The Empire Hotel, who were only too happy to salvage a good night from a terrible one.
For the last 20-odd years, The Empire have never let us down, and they consistently serve excellent quality meals, combined with high class service, at very good prices.  Unbeatable value in fact.
In fact, the ONLY places that I patronise regularly that can now be relied upon are The Seahorse, and The Empire.  :)

Only a few months ago, I could have listed many more, but sadly no longer.  :(
Fester...