Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1029464 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #555 on: September 19, 2011, 08:22:21 pm »
 8)  My monies on Yorkie. D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #556 on: September 20, 2011, 09:37:42 am »
Caffe Nero have just started recruiting for a Manager for their new Llandudno branch. Salary: £19,000-£24,000 + bonus, + benefits - apply using the link below:

http://www.caterer.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=51317712

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #557 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:35 am »
DFS have also just started recruiting for their new Llandudno store:

http://www.dfs.co.uk/careers/jobs/list/location/llandudno/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #558 on: September 20, 2011, 07:10:12 pm »
8)  My monies on Yorkie. D)
You've just lost.  :laugh: It is going to be a Red Cross charity shop. Better than being empty, I suppose! I wonder if they're getting a discount on the £50k a year rent? Don't they already have a shop on Madoc street?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #559 on: September 20, 2011, 09:39:21 pm »
The Re>d Cross shop closed about 3 years or more ago
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #560 on: September 21, 2011, 07:42:15 am »
Its a sad day when we are glad to see a charity shop open in Mostyn St ,but that is life coffee shops and charity shops. I never realised Bangor had such shops asd Republic and H and M ,no wonder youngsters are shopping there and ignoring the town. ZXZ

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #561 on: September 21, 2011, 09:39:06 am »
I see that the Cafe in Oriel Mostyn is now available to let. Running it in house can't have been a success.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #562 on: September 21, 2011, 06:07:32 pm »
Beware anyone thinking to take on that particular lease, (Oriel Mostyn Cafe), Nice though it is, it is out of the way and deathly quiet.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

« Reply #563 on: September 21, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »
This cafe is to me a great waste of a lovely room with a great view. I think it is so badly managed. The last time I was there the chef and a waiter were sitting in the corner table by the window. I ordered my food at the counter and was served by a pleasant girl.
There were very few people in as usual. The table I like by the window with a view of the sea had not been cleaned properly. I asked if the floor could be brushed as it was covered in crumbs.
The male waiter was summoned with a brush and pan but made it quite obvious that he was not impressed with his task. He said, "We don't normally do this until the evening."
This just sums it up. When I think of all the money and effort that has gone in to buying the furniture and decorating the room and nobody can be bothered to keep it clean.
I must admit I was sat there thinking what Betty's could have done with the space.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #564 on: September 21, 2011, 07:14:16 pm »
Your last point is a very interesting one H.
If someone could summon the energy and the finances to make the Cafe an attraction in itself (a la Betty's) then there would be patrons by far than the Gallery itself.

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #565 on: September 21, 2011, 07:22:37 pm »
This cafe is to me a great waste of a lovely room with a great view. I think it is so badly managed. The last time I was there the chef and a waiter were sitting in the corner table by the window. I ordered my food at the counter and was served by a pleasant girl.
There were very few people in as usual. The table I like by the window with a view of the sea had not been cleaned properly. I asked if the floor could be brushed as it was covered in crumbs.
The male waiter was summoned with a brush and pan but made it quite obvious that he was not impressed with his task. He said, "We don't normally do this until the evening."
This just sums it up. When I think of all the money and effort that has gone in to buying the furniture and decorating the room and nobody can be bothered to keep it clean.
I must admit I was sat there thinking what Betty's could have done with the space.
Your experience is the same as mine, Hollins. I found it amazing that one of the prime bay window tables (the one in the corner) had been screened off just for staff to sit at. Last time I called in, I had to go round to that table to summon a member of staff to serve me after fruitlessly waiting for a couple of minutes for someone to appear! I have to say that the menu is pretty uninspiring too.

But...with a motivated chef/staff, it could become very popular indeed, I feel, as it's a great space. They could even feature some of my photos on the walls...  ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #566 on: September 21, 2011, 09:49:34 pm »
But very few people would ever see them Dave,
With the majority of visitors to the town being on motability scooters, zimmer frames or walking sticks, WHY would anyone choose to situate a cafe UPSTAIRS!!

This is why Badgers, Home Cooking, Cafe Culture and the rest will always prosper!
Fester...

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #567 on: September 21, 2011, 09:54:29 pm »
anyone know what is going in the old next shop work going on there today

Offline hollins

« Reply #568 on: September 22, 2011, 05:57:01 am »

They could even feature some of my photos on the walls...  ;D
[/quote]

Never mind just putting your photos on the cafe walls upstairs. They should be inviting you to have an exhibition of your work downstairs. This would be of great interest to visitors and locals alike and would go some way to repay you for all you do for the town.

But very few people would ever see them Dave,
With the majority of visitors to the town being on motability scooters, zimmer frames or walking sticks, WHY would anyone choose to situate a cafe UPSTAIRS!!

This is why Badgers, Home Cooking, Cafe Culture and the rest will always prosper!

Fester, there is a lift!
I was trying to think of busy upstairs cafes........Little Betty's in York, M&S in Llandudno!

It is such a lovely room. I hope someone can make a success of it.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #569 on: September 22, 2011, 08:07:31 am »
Thanks for your kind words, Hollins. In the past, I have thought of speaking with other local photographers to see if it was worth approaching Oriel Mostyn with a view to them staging an exhibition of local photographers' work. However, I doubt our 'faces would fit'.  :(