Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 651032 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1635 on: May 22, 2016, 09:16:01 am »
Each to their own Mike according to suitability. Once a month I use Asda on line for heavy things, since I wasn't too good last year, now there is yet another story ! We seem to have had all kinds of alien articles, as well as 'substitutes'. It is quite an adventure as to what will turn up and if you need to ask a question................whoosh............ you are straight through to Capetown !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1636 on: May 25, 2016, 10:05:48 am »
Just returned from Aldi:- A very telling sight, a couple of the local upmarket B&Bs and a very well known café and sandwich shop with trollies full of goods. Good for them, if everyone is fed up with Asda !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Jack

« Reply #1637 on: May 25, 2016, 10:51:30 am »
Could the main Post Office on Vaughan Street be about to move within the WH Smith store on Mostyn Street?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1638 on: May 25, 2016, 01:07:24 pm »
  Talking about supermarkets, are Tesco loosing their touch? Has there Hugh financial scam that has come to light taken their eye of the ball?
  In the Llandudno junction store there has been a sizeable marketing makeover. I presume it's in other Tesco stores as well. The theme is, don't travel. Use your local store.
  I guess this is aimed at Aldo/Liddell. I imagine there are far more tescos than Aldi. But I bet that spar and the coop are rubbing their hands together. Thanks very much Tesco. You are doing our job for us.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1639 on: May 25, 2016, 11:17:28 pm »
We go in Asda once or twice a week, all seems fine to me, what are the problems that others are finding there?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1640 on: May 26, 2016, 12:46:10 am »
We go in Asda once or twice a week, all seems fine to me, what are the problems that others are finding there?
A lot of regular items out of stock mate, , and really bad staff morale.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1641 on: May 26, 2016, 07:21:59 am »
  Talking about supermarkets, are Tesco loosing their touch? Has there Hugh financial scam that has come to light taken their eye of the ball?
  In the Llandudno junction store there has been a sizeable marketing makeover. I presume it's in other Tesco stores as well. The theme is, don't travel. Use your local store.
  I guess this is aimed at Aldo/Liddell. I imagine there are far more tescos than Aldi. But I bet that spar and the coop are rubbing their hands together. Thanks very much Tesco. You are doing our job for us.

I don't know about loosing their touch, many people think that they have thrown it away! There's often a lack of numerous basic items, including veg. When I queried this, I was told that I should have come earlier!!! The fresh fish looks as if it has all died of old age and I have handed products that were on the shelves and well out of date back to assistants who just shrug their shoulders. Much of the produce has a 'use by' date of only a day or so. (Once, including the milk.) There are no loose potatoes, so you are forced to buy a bag and the veg and fruit in general is pretty poor quality.  Yet the manager and assistant manager stand around chatting......

Then, you pay and get vouchers for items that the store doesn't even stock!

Your correct, the Co-Op and Spar are very happy, we have taken to using them and Aldi, in all, cheaper prices and better quality. Hopefully, the new supermarket will be Sainsburys.  (It would be too much to hope that it would be a Waitrose or better still, Booths....)
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline systema

« Reply #1642 on: May 27, 2016, 08:32:06 pm »
As far as Asda is concerned it all depends on where it is situated. We go back to the Midlands every 2 or 3 weeks and stock up for Mother in Law and have no problem getting what we want at any time of day, it is a very busy shop in a multi cultural area.
Then we come back to Llandudno Asda which is out of stock of everyday items like whole cucumbers and Brussel Sprouts tonight  (Friday).  We got a £5 Asda price comparison voucher in Midlands last week and took it here tonight to buy our weekend veg and got a very small cauli with quite wilted outside leaves, broccoli and rocket and spent the rest of it on an over priced packet of nuts.
Asda here only sells spices in expensive glass bottles instead of plastic bags, lentils and beans in little bags (yes I am veggie) so have to buy them when we go to MIL's.
Much prefer Morrisons in C.Bay for those things and Aldi for everday stuff like fruit and veg.  (Keep fruit and veg in proper Lock and Lock boxes covered with a J cloth for extended life)

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1643 on: May 31, 2016, 05:31:15 pm »
Looks like Viyella/Country Casuals in Mostyn St. to shut after Austin Reed collapse.

Online SteveH

« Reply #1644 on: June 02, 2016, 05:17:06 pm »
The BHS stores in Llandudno and Wrexham will shut for good after administrators were unable to save the struggling high street chain.
Despite considerable efforts it has not been possible to agree a sale of the business, the administrators have confirmed.

Although multiple offers were received, they say none were able to complete a deal due to the working capital required to secure the future of the company.
As a result all 163 stores will be in “close down sale mode” over the coming weeks and while continuing efforts will be made by the administrators to sell stores, they say the jobs of 8,000 members of staff are likely to go.
Scores of retail jobs at the stores in Llandudno and Wrexham will now be lost.

The administrators paid tribute to “professionalism and hard work” shown by employees and also thanked the public for their support which resulted in “several weeks of significant sales”.  ref DP.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1645 on: June 02, 2016, 09:54:18 pm »
The BHS stores in Llandudno and Wrexham will shut for good after administrators were unable to save the struggling high street chain.
Despite considerable efforts it has not been possible to agree a sale of the business, the administrators have confirmed.

Although multiple offers were received, they say none were able to complete a deal due to the working capital required to secure the future of the company.
As a result all 163 stores will be in “close down sale mode” over the coming weeks and while continuing efforts will be made by the administrators to sell stores, they say the jobs of 8,000 members of staff are likely to go.
Scores of retail jobs at the stores in Llandudno and Wrexham will now be lost.

The administrators paid tribute to “professionalism and hard work” shown by employees and also thanked the public for their support which resulted in “several weeks of significant sales”.  ref DP.

This was the most likely fate given the company that was selected as administrators.

Online SteveH

« Reply #1646 on: June 03, 2016, 11:04:47 am »
Retailer BHS files for administration
High Street retailer British Home Stores (BHS) has filed for administration, putting 164 shops and almost 11,000 jobs at risk.
Parc Llandudno have submitted plans to extend the mezzanine floor by 1,000 sq.mts.
It is to ensure the unit remains “commercially viable” although it is not clear if this is to help retain BHS or attract a new occupier if the chain does leave.
The resort has the best occupancy rates of towns its size in Wales and sources say that Primark could be interested in coming to Llandudno if the right size unit can be found.

Indigo Planning have submitted the application on behalf of Parc Llandudno.
"The proposed development provides an opportunity for economic growth.
“It will ensure that the unit remains commercially viable.”
They added: “It will provide more job certainty in the local area by improving the unit’s viability. The increase in retail floorspace will provide new jobs in the local area.”
It is a shame for all the staff involved, but I do not think it will be empty for long, especially after increase in floor space.

Online SteveH

« Reply #1647 on: June 13, 2016, 11:35:24 am »
More negative news on the shop front.......Store 21 in the Victoria Centre ,

The owners of budget fashion chain Store Twenty One are racing to save the business ahead of an administrators' hearing in eight weeks' time.

Bosses are understood to be exploring all options to revive the firm, including a possible sale, attracting fresh investment, a debt for equity swap or a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).

The chain has stores in Colwyn Bay, Station Rd.  Llandudno, Wrexham, Pwllheli, Rhyl and Holyhead, employing dozens of staff.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/bid-save-store-twenty-one-11457186

Online SteveH

« Reply #1648 on: June 14, 2016, 02:42:25 pm »
Retailer Wilko could be set to come to Llandudno - creating 60 new jobs in the town.

The owners of Mostyn Champneys are looking for a retailer reshuffle at the shopping park that would see the hardware, homeware and garden chain come to the seaside town.
Under the proposal put forward by park owners Hercules Unit Trust(HUT) Carpetright would move to an adjacent unit once the present occupier Benson Beds relocates to within Harvey’s.

This would leave a spare unit which the retail park owners say could be filled by Wilko.

An application to change the goods able to be sold from the unit has now been submitted to Conwy council.
In it, agents DPP Planning said: “In terms of job creation the proposed store will create 60 new employment opportunities at a widely accessible location, a major benefit to the local economy which should be afforded weight accordingly in the application’s determination.”

Gary Sutton, from DPP Planning, said: “The proposed development will ensure that an otherwise prominent vacancy is brought quickly into beneficial use following the relocation of Carpetright to alternative premises at Mostyn Champneys.

“HUT’s proposal will accommodate a new national multiple retailer in Llandudno, increasing choice and competition whilst also attracting new shoppers to the town, increasing footfall at the park.”    ref DP

WILKO.....http://www.wilko.com/

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #1649 on: June 17, 2016, 09:30:11 pm »
Farm and pet shop Mostyn Street closing down on the 5th of July.
Lady assistant comes from over there so she is still in a job.