Poll

What do you think should be the way forward for the Pier Pavilion site?

Modern design, as put forward by Mr Waldron, featuring restaurants, apartments etc
4 (6.1%)
Recreation of original Pier Pavilion design, but with leisure and entertainment facilities inside
50 (75.8%)
Larger version of original design, with leisure, entertainment and apartments included
8 (12.1%)
Leave site empty for another 20 years
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site  (Read 393711 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Reply #1200 on: August 24, 2021, 02:31:13 pm »
Yes Hugo Ccbc do have a lot to answer, they have said over the years they could never find the owner  🤔 I spoke with his people on a number of times over the years, also as I've said a few times Waldron with the help of this rubbish council thinks he can build on land etc that is not part of it, how did them plans get passed at glanconwy.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1201 on: August 24, 2021, 03:52:58 pm »
It's there for anyone to see, as at the 24th April 2007 the registered owner was David Taylor of 11 Castle Street Worcester  WR1 3AD.
That address I believe is the Registered Office of a number of companies.    If it was sold on at a later date and before Waldron got his mitts on it the information is available for anyone to see including the Legal Eagles at CCBC      &shake&

A comparison happened at Harlech when the Council wanted to do a compulsory purchase on the former St David's Hotel, their problem was compounded by the fact that the company was registered in Gibraltar.
They completed the compulsory purchase order on it and it certainly didn't take 27 years to do it either, so well done that Council

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1202 on: September 01, 2021, 04:52:04 pm »
Flats being built next to Llandudno Pier could threaten the future of the grade-two listed Victorian structure, says the pier’s owner.

https://llandudno.nub.news/n/llandudno-flats-threaten-pier39s-future?fbclid=IwAR0ZlnFVu33ZOFO3vGLPEkWhrgUVKPXj52h_8qgh7Dh0p1rTvsBKoK1xxqg

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1203 on: September 03, 2021, 05:05:21 pm »
Flats being built next to Llandudno Pier could threaten the future of the grade-two listed Victorian structure, says the pier’s owner.

https://llandudno.nub.news/n/llandudno-flats-threaten-pier39s-future?fbclid=IwAR0ZlnFVu33ZOFO3vGLPEkWhrgUVKPXj52h_8qgh7Dh0p1rTvsBKoK1xxqg

Don't hold your breath for the W.A.G. to stop this development, it will take a full Judicial Review to show up the corruption within the Planning Department to do that and that will cost whoever asks for it, to come up with £400,000 to pay for it. Nobody said getting justice in the U.K. was going to be cheap. 
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1204 on: September 05, 2021, 12:13:34 am »
That new Facebook group opposing the Pavilion development looked interesting.
Until I realised that Adam Williams, the Pier owner is actually the Moderator and instigator of the page itself.
No other view is tolerated and it’s a complete waste of time.
Personally, I believe that the biggest threat to the pier is the owner himself.
Irrespective of the Pavilion development he has failed to maintain the iron and steelwork of the structure for seven years now.  There was a backlog of urgent works to be done even before he owned it.  He has had very competitive quotes to do the engineering necessary to replace the steels under the Happy Valley gates, but simply left them to rust away further.

If and when the pier closes because it’s beyond repair, many fools will blame the Pier Pavilion developer, but the real responsibility lies elsewhere.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1205 on: September 05, 2021, 10:37:04 am »
If and when the pier closes because it’s beyond repair, many fools will blame the Pier Pavilion developer, but the real responsibility lies elsewhere.

Just how much money would you recommend should be invested in Pier Maintenance Fester, when its very existence is threatened by a totally unjustified Residential Development on the Pavilion Site which is right in the middle of the Holiday Accommodation Zone. Because this Development is so outrageous, the money that should have gone on Maintenance has gone on Legal Fees instead. Even you with all your wealth couldn't afford both.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1206 on: September 05, 2021, 12:59:49 pm »
A strange little dig there BlongB, not sure why?
Anyway I’m a bit skint these days.
However, back to the point... the previous owners, Six Piers Ltd had a yearly budget of £150k which they spent on the substructure maintenance.   Even that was not nearly enough, but at least it got spent.
Prices of things have gone up now, so at least £250k per year would be the minimum.
Adam spent nothing at all on the substructure, not a penny, even in the years before the Pavilion development was ever dreamed of. 
You ask how much would I spend?
I would spend whatever is necessary to maintain and improve a listed building, or I wouldn’t buy one in the first place.  These are known items of expenditure at the time, or should be.
Nor would I be pictured in the press, saying I would restore the pier to its original glory, if I had no intention of doing so.

Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1207 on: September 05, 2021, 11:22:52 pm »
Until I realised that Adam Williams, the Pier owner is actually the Moderator and instigator of the page itself.

Fester, apparently the story behind this from Davad Jones is:

“When I formed the group, off my own back, because he is the owner of the Pier, I made Adam Williams a moderator, as is in the power of an Administrator to do.  Adam Williams did not seek moderator status. I have since been made aware of the rumours that Adam Williams was behind the creation of the group.  So in the interest of all concerned, I have removed him as moderator, as is in my power to do as group creator and Administrator.”

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1208 on: September 06, 2021, 12:07:32 am »

Fester, apparently the story behind this from Davad Jones is:

“When I formed the group, off my own back, because he is the owner of the Pier, I made Adam Williams a moderator, as is in the power of an Administrator to do.  Adam Williams did not seek moderator status. I have since been made aware of the rumours that Adam Williams was behind the creation of the group.  So in the interest of all concerned, I have removed him as moderator, as is in my power to do as group creator and Administrator.”

Yes, Adam has been deleted as a moderator.
But what I said was true at the time.
As for the claim that they spend £200k per year on the steel work, that’s just a travesty.

Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1209 on: September 06, 2021, 12:08:22 am »
If it were true, the Happy Valley gates would have been open 5 ago.
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1210 on: September 06, 2021, 08:44:28 am »
Fester: David Jones formed the group, not A Williams, surely? So exactly which part of what you said was 'true at the time'?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1211 on: September 06, 2021, 02:07:55 pm »
Fester: David Jones formed the group, not A Williams, surely? So exactly which part of what you said was 'true at the time'?

Adam was an Admin and moderator at the time I mentioned it, as Davad Jones has now said.
Davad has since amended that.
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1212 on: September 06, 2021, 04:25:00 pm »
Apparently not:  "I have removed him as moderator, as is in my power to do as group creator and Administrator.”

He was only ever a mod, from what I can see, and even that was a courtesy title, from what David Jones has said. There's a world of difference between Moderator and Administrator.

Having said all that, taking on a pier anywhere is a very risky venture, I believe.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1213 on: September 06, 2021, 05:46:17 pm »
Apparently not:  "I have removed him as moderator, as is in my power to do as group creator and Administrator.”

He was only ever a mod, from what I can see, and even that was a courtesy title, from what David Jones has said. There's a world of difference between Moderator and Administrator.

Having said all that, taking on a pier anywhere is a very risky venture, I believe.

Not so risky if you buy it with bank borrowings, then split it into two separate Limited Companies, amalgamated into a group, under a holding company.

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1214 on: September 07, 2021, 02:47:47 pm »
As for the claim that they spend £200k per year on the steel work, that’s just a travesty.
I have to admit I laughed at that bit as well…there does seem to be a tendency to exaggerate figures, when it comes to money being spent by the pier owner.  $cofffee$