Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2683243 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #9090 on: February 12, 2024, 05:18:26 pm »
Have you seen this Hugo.  Anwyl at their best. 😂.   Trying to sell up now after all these years.

The site is a White Elephant and Anwyl Construction is either stupid or deceitful

After watching Mr Bates vs. the Post Office and hearing, over many years, about deliberate obfuscation and downright lying that big companies have been found to have committed, I seriously wonder which major businesses are actually honest.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9091 on: February 12, 2024, 07:58:58 pm »
Oh Hugo the wonderful Janet. As I?ve pointed out to others and I?ve asked the wonderful MP. Robin Millar another waste of space he won?t answer me,,, the number 12 Rhyl to Llandudno service used to go along Bryn y bia rd,,  it got stopped,,  yes by Janet the snooty residents didn?t want the passengers on the top looking into the gardens 😂😂.   The MD of Arriva at the time wanted to reinstate it but it was a big No.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #9092 on: February 12, 2024, 11:31:43 pm »
Have you seen this Hugo.  Anwyl at their best. 😂.   Trying to sell up now after all these years.

The site is a White Elephant and Anwyl Construction is either stupid or deceitful

After watching Mr Bates vs. the Post Office and hearing, over many years, about deliberate obfuscation and downright lying that big companies have been found to have committed, I seriously wonder which major businesses are actually honest.

It seems to happen in all walks of life,  I've said it before that I don't trust building developers but you can add Building consultants to the growing list of liars.     They submit an outline planning application and if it is passed then they immediately submit another application for an amendment to the original application.      One such consultant seems to have a stock phrase in his submissions and it is that "Colwyn Heights is within easy cycling distance of the amenities of Colwyn Bay"        I wonder if he has tried cycling up and down that steep hill to justify such  a stupid comment like that?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #9093 on: February 13, 2024, 06:32:35 pm »
Flytipped waste on Great Orme above 'Millionaire's Row' labelled 'horrendous' and 'disgusting'
Dumped carpets flapping in the wind were found halfway up the iconic landmark

This isn't the first time that scum have dumped litter on the Great Orme, perhaps it's time CCBC  installed a couple of CCTV cameras on the Marine Drive?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/flytipped-waste-great-orme-above-28626541

Offline Hugo

« Reply #9094 on: February 23, 2024, 10:35:57 pm »
Tickets go live ahead of Waverley returning to Llandudno!
The  Paddle Steamer Waverley will return to North Wales from Monday, June 24 until Wednesday, June 26 after the "resounding" success of her sailings in 2023.

This time, for the first time this century, the world?s last seagoing paddle steamer will set sail from Holyhead.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/24141033.tickets-go-live-ahead-waverley-returning-llandudno/

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?.....Punch and Judy has no plans to quit
« Reply #9095 on: February 28, 2024, 09:40:39 am »
Owner of Britain's oldest Punch and Judy has no plans to quit

THE custodian of Britain's oldest Punch and Judy show has come out swinging amid fears for the puppets' future - and says he has no plans to cancel.

Jason Codman, 55, says he has a "responsibility" to keep his booth in Llandudno running after 160 years of performances.

?We?ve never received funding from the council. The show covers its own costs: operating, maintaining, paying my rent and my licence.

?Crowds gather when I start the show. It?s popular, we still get a good crowd.?

Jason said he feels a lot of responsibility to keep the show going because it?s been in the family for five generations.

He said: ?We don?t make a living out of Punch and Judy. That?s not the purpose. Our motivation is the history.?

?It?s part of people?s memories. It?s an expectation Punch is going to be there [at the seaside].

?People would say Llandudno would not be the same without Punch and Judy on the promenade.?

More..........  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/24148197.owner-britains-oldest-punch-judy-no-plans-quit/?ref=rss&IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline SteveH

« Reply #9096 on: March 08, 2024, 09:40:12 am »
VENUE Cymru in Llandudno has been awarded ?10million in the Chancellor?s Spring Budget 2024............ :-\

Jeremy Hunt revealed that ?100 million for levelling up culture projects will be set aside for nationally significant culture projects across Great Britain.

?10million will be provided to Venue Cymru for the transformation into an Arts and Conference venue. This is part of the original Aberconwy Futures Levelling Up bid.

Cllr Charlie McCoubrey, Leader of Conwy County Borough Council said: ?We are delighted Venue Cymru?s plans to deliver enhanced facilities have been recognised by UK Government as a nationally significant project. Arts and culture are of huge importance in delivering a positive economic impact and in supporting the wellbeing of our communities.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/24168671.llandudnos-venue-cymru-awarded-10m-government-budget/?ref=rss&IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline Hugo

« Reply #9097 on: March 11, 2024, 02:24:58 pm »
Llandudno homes development now back underway after last builder went bust
Lane End Developments Construction, based in Warrington, went into administration in April 2023

I hope that the development now goes ahead without any more problems and that the houses  are all for local people

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-homes-development-now-back-28793800

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9098 on: March 11, 2024, 10:15:31 pm »
Lane end were the first to go bust another company lasted a few weeks then went bust let?s see if K & C get them built.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #9099 on: March 11, 2024, 10:52:21 pm »
Let's hope that it goes through now Norman and that it is for local people, but is that expecting too much?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9100 on: March 11, 2024, 10:57:17 pm »
We?ve had many meetings over the years locals can?t get the housing as they seem to give the houses to people from away, we?ve seen it on our old estate.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #9101 on: March 12, 2024, 09:41:42 am »
That's wrong Norman, local people should have a priority when it comes to housing.     Nothing seems to have changed then since I was living in Cwm Place over 50 years ago.
Even then people outside of Wales seemed to get priority for Council property and it's very wrong, especially for young local people

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?.........Scenes of unusually high tide
« Reply #9102 on: March 12, 2024, 10:08:19 am »
Scenes of unusually high tide off Llandudno beach

A RESIDENT captured an unusually high spring tide off Llandudno's North Beach.

A high tide of 8.4 metres was recorded in Llandudno at 11.15am today (Monday, March 11).

The tide is set to hit 8 metres at 11.43pm tonight and 8.5 metres at 11.57am tomorrow.

On Wednesday, the tide is set to reach 8.3 metres.

Natural Resources Wales has issued flood warnings for the next two days for areas along the North Wales coast from the Dee estuary to the East coast of Anglesey. This was updated at 8.07pm on March 11.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/24177947.look-scenes-unusually-high-tide-off-llandudno-beach/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #9103 on: March 13, 2024, 10:11:27 am »
POLICE and an air ambulance helicopter are at the scene of an incident on Llandudno promenade.

A Wales Air Ambulance helicopter was seen landing on the promenade shortly after midday today (March 12)

A resident also reported seeing two police cars in the same area of the promenade.

Another resident said the helicopter had taken off and that they "hope the patient is okay and not too seriously hurt".

A Wales Air Ambulance spokesperson said: ?I can confirm that the Wales Air Ambulance attended an incident in the Llandudno region today (12/03/24).

"A team from Caernarfon attended by air and arrived on scene at 11:16. Our involvement concluded at 12:03.?

North Wales Police have been approached for comment.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #9104 on: March 14, 2024, 06:04:08 am »
Llandudno Ferris wheel 2024 opening date set after X-rays give all-clear
The giant structure has undergone a series of rigorous safety tests
Rides are due to restart at around 11am on Saturday, March 16, as Llandudno?s attractions gear up for Easter and the start of the 2024 season. New light displays have been programmed on the Ferris wheel and these will alter again as the season progresses.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-ferris-wheel-2024-opening-28811659