Author Topic: Football  (Read 244126 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Football
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2014, 10:02:24 pm »
Bayern Munich 3    Man Utd  1       Agg  4-2   

Evra put Utd into the lead but Bayern came back with 3 goals to knock Utd out of the Champions League Cup.   

Offline Hugo

« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2014, 10:29:38 pm »
I've just seen Evra's goal and it was a real cracker but unfortunately the lead only lasted for less than a minute.   A rematch with Chelsea in the final would have been a great game but sadly  it hasn't happened

Offline hollins

« Reply #302 on: April 12, 2014, 07:30:26 pm »
There's plenty of blue and white up there now mull!

Offline mull

« Reply #303 on: April 13, 2014, 11:41:58 am »
The one in the middle.........Life is good .

Let us hope the other 2 have a good day.

"Evertonians are born not manufactured "

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #304 on: April 13, 2014, 04:53:56 pm »
evertonians are chosen mull , brilliant atmosphere at sunderland yesterday.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #305 on: April 13, 2014, 05:10:59 pm »
Liverpool 3    Man City 2

Liverpool took a huge step towards winning the Premier League title by beating Manchester City at Anfield     Four games to go and 4 points ahead of Chelsea.
Everton moved into 4th position after their win yesterday, overtaking  Arsenal who are now in 5th position

Offline Hugo

« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2014, 07:03:45 pm »
Liverpool 3    Man City 2

Liverpool took a huge step towards winning the Premier League title by beating Manchester City at Anfield     Four games to go and 4 points ahead of Chelsea.
Everton moved into 4th position after their win yesterday, overtaking  Arsenal who are now in 5th position

:-}}} $booboo$         Swansea 0     Chelsea 1       so Liverpool are only 2 points ahead of Chelsea with both teams having 4 games to play.    It'll be a close thing at the top unlike last season when Man Utd walked it in the end.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #307 on: April 13, 2014, 09:08:52 pm »
the cream is not for turning I say

Offline mull

« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2014, 09:46:04 pm »
Wow

How do Liverpool get away without penalties being awarded against them ? Todays where blatant, something wrong somewhere.
If it was the other way they would have been given.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2014, 10:15:46 pm »
Calm down Mull,  they didn't get a penalty did they,  when they beat Everton 4-0  at Anfield in January.   ;D

Offline mull

« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2014, 10:49:02 am »
No problem with the 4-0 result, Everton were poor that night.

Yesterday the tackle by Sakho on Dzeko at the end of the first half and the punch clear by Skirtal at the end of the second half were both blatant penalties and I am sure if they had been the other way round, would have been given.

Ref Clattenburgh has got history as far as I am concerned.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2014, 11:09:42 am »
No problem with the 4-0 result, Everton were poor that night.

Yesterday the tackle by Sakho on Dzeko at the end of the first half and the punch clear by Skirtal at the end of the second half were both blatant penalties and I am sure if they had been the other way round, would have been given.

Ref Clattenburgh has got history as far as I am concerned.

You are correct of course Mull and they were definite penalties but you've also forgotten to mention the blatant foul on Suarez by Kompany.  No ifs or buts, it was a definite penalty and probably wasn't given because of Suarez' reputation for diving.
As regards Everton, they were poor at Anfield but I had a look at them closely in another game and was very impressed with them. Their defensive formation was excellent and up front Lukaku was creating all sorts of problems.   They are a good club with a very good team now and it's nice to see them up there with the best.
A few years ago though they were very poor so bad even that my cousin Norman08 could have had a game for them and that's saying something!      ;D

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #312 on: April 15, 2014, 10:47:34 am »
God bless the 96. There but for the grace of God go I. Justice is coming, 96 candles burn bright. YNWA
Justice for the 96

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #313 on: April 16, 2014, 09:36:52 pm »
Indeed Big Al, 
I well remember being at a football match on that very day, in the time before mobile phones.
As news began to filter through, via people's radios, the mood turned from inquisitive, to shocked, to upset in a quick time.

As you say, there but for the grace of God go I.  as I have been crushed in many frightening crowds in my life.

At rock concerts and football matches, I have often been close to unconsciousness because of the pressure,  those poor souls succumbed and caused heartbreak to so many families.   

God bless.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2014, 09:49:29 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qS-OFRYP0Q

How I wish Gareth Bale would come back and play in the UK again.