Author Topic: Football  (Read 244151 times)

Offline viv

Re: Football
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2013, 11:06:24 pm »
so happy for the club and Wrexham itself for getting behind their team. Hope they get promotion!

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2013, 11:22:16 pm »
always new they could do it well done the robins.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2013, 02:57:56 pm »
FA Cup quarter final replay
     Chelsea 1   v  Man Utd  0

A brilliant goal by Ba ends United's hopes of a league and cup double and  Chelsea now meet Man City in the semi final.   

Offline hollins

« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2013, 04:11:46 pm »
Thank you again Hugo for reminding me of those very disappointing facts! ;D

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2013, 06:07:33 pm »
I wondered how long it would take him, Hollins.

I often think Hugo hates United more than he loves his beloved Liverpool.  WWW

Anyway, I wonder what the odds are on Everton finishing higher in the Premiership than his team  by the end of the season?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2013, 10:22:14 pm »

I often think Hugo hates United more than he loves his beloved Liverpool.  WWW

I love Everton more than I love Utd      ;D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2013, 03:30:34 pm »
Thank you again Hugo for reminding me of those very disappointing facts! ;D

Don't forget to watch the football match on TV tonight.     Paris St Germain  v Barcelona as it should be a good game.

Because of Beckham's suspect fitness there's a rumour going about that PSG intend to bring on Hollins' cardboard cut out and hope that the fans won't notice the difference.  If PSG score, then the real DB will come on and do his customary pose for the cameras on the back of whoever has scored the goal  for PSG.      ;D

Offline hollins

« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2013, 09:49:22 pm »
Hugo, you can go off people you know!
I  got the pilot to hurry me back from Switzerland so that I could watch the match but never mind that, what about the post match interview with the real thing DB!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:01 pm »
A good game by two good teams and Beckham came across like the gentleman he is.     Don't worry Hollins, he's still got something even at 37!      ;)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2013, 10:33:57 pm »
good game good game, DB not so bad for an old boy, looking forward to the next leg.now then Hugo, no good using Hollins cut out she,s much prettier than DB and not as fat.     

Offline Hugo

« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2013, 06:29:00 pm »
I meant Hollins' cardboard cut out of David Beckham not a cut out of Hollins herself.    :o     

Offline Hugo

« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2013, 03:42:18 pm »
I was reading Saturday's Daily Mirror and couldn't quite believe what I was reading.  The Headline said "COLD TRAFFORD"  and then went on to say that United's bosses have drafted in an acoustic engineer to try to improve the atmosphere when Utd play at Old Trafford.
That's ridiculous as United regularly have over 75,000 people at home matches and are the most successful team too.    It makes one wonder what it would be like if the team were not so successful. 
I know Roy Keane once claimed that "the ground was so quiet because there were too many fans in hospitality boxes and they have a few drinks and prawn sandwiches and don't realise what is going on out on the pitch".   Perhaps Roy was correct after all.

Monday's game at Old Trafford against Man City should however give the home fans something to cheer about though.    United are in superb form and on their way to another Premiership title but City who have the better individual players may make a game of it.  Can Utd win  6-1   to avenge the drubbing they got from City previously?    Anything is possible with Utd so I'll look forward to an exciting game.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »
Now that the Taylor report has been proved flawed it would be great to get the old terracing back. That would liven premiership grounds up and perhaps drive ticket prices down

Offline Trojan

« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »
It certainly would be great to get the terraces back.

The roar from the Stretford End was once measured as louder than a Jumbo Jet taking off.

This sums it up:

http://youtu.be/3LDnX7qsXpM

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »
Hello, stranger.