Author Topic: Re: Jobs in the Three Towns area  (Read 41910 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Jobs in the Three Towns area
« on: September 16, 2011, 01:31:02 pm »
This section of the Forum is intended to give smaller local businesses the chance to promote themselves free of charge to our 6,500+ visitors every month.

Any business wishing to participate must be based in the Three Towns area (Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Conwy & outskirts). All business categories (e.g. shops/pubs/cafes/bulders/home based businesses etc) are allowed. They should register on the Forum as a member and then post a new topic in this section with a suitable title, e.g. 'John Smith - Wine Merchants, Conwy'. They can add in to their post details of their business, post photos, add a website/Facebook link etc. They can also make follow up posts to their own topic on a regular or irregular basis, with details of news/special offers etc.

You can see an example of a business listing here:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,936.0.html

All discussion regarding this section should take place in this topic, we would ask that members do not post in the businesses' individual topics.

Please note that all entries in this section will appear at the sole discretion of the Forum owners and will be removed if unsuitable. The Forum Owners' decision is final in this matter.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Re: Jobs in the Three Towns area
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 09:27:09 pm »
I'm going to take the plunge and be the first to post in this thread. Ive read the introduction.

What I am going to say, I didnt know where to put it. I thought maybe in the cafe chat thread.

However. I am absolutely fed up with the high winds that have gone on for week after week all Aug Sept (and maybe July).  But ---- NOW THEY HAVE GONE.   But, so have all my potential customers.

They have all gone home to Stoke etc

So, the weather forecast is great for this coming weekend.  I am fed up of being by myself. So, I would like to invite everyone who reads this forum, and all their friends, to come up to the Great Orme Family Golf and play away absolutely free of an charge in any shape or form.

Just say "I read this on the three towns forum" and off you go.

I might as well be up here, have a nice crowd of people enjoying themselves and have an empty till. Rather than being up here by myself and having an empty till.

Hoping to see a few of you.    Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:41:46 pm »
But Mike... how selfish of you..  _))*
If you take all the Forum members away for free golf, who will keep me from being lonely on the pier all day?
After all, I don't see anybody else apart from Forum members and the odd sea gull!   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:16 pm »
What about all the thousands of Shearings type pensioners who I would have thought would like a stroll on the pier----not up a one in six hill to see me!!!

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 09:23:20 pm »
i wish mrs snowcap could walk up and see you, lol

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 09:38:57 pm »
Don't worry. I will walk down and see her whenever she is out of hospital. (Of course it might be a bit doubtful whether I will make it walking back up) Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:31 am »
Don't forget that any local business can advertise their shop/service completely free of charge in this section - just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. Over 6,000 people a month look at the Forum, so it's well worth doing!

Offline dingo20

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 08:33:44 am »
I'm looking for work my background is accounting and business administration but I'm happy to look at anything. Part time, full time, one offs or contract. I'm also happy to help charities, not for profit or local clubs for free while I've got a bit of free time. I can supply full refs and I'm not scary so please get in touch if you need help.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 08:41:03 am »
Best of luck with your search.  $good$

Offline viv

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 10:50:15 pm »
I have just developed a Facebook group called "Jobs offered in Llandudno, LLandudno Junction, Conwy and Colwyn Bay", and now have almost 200 members. It is a site to spread the word about any job vacancies of whatever type in the area, as people find it very hard to find work at present - so many jobs are gone before they see them, yet are still advertised. It would appear that the obvious ones are those that people spot in shop/office windows, and are then spread by word of mouth. That's where I thought that members of this forum and my members could gain a mutual benefit. Some businesses have problems getting staff, and particularly with the tourist season approaching, there are people on my site desperately looking for work. You would be very welcome to join the group - alternatively please post any vacancies on here and I will copy them across for members to contact you in whichever manner you feel appropriate. This will not cost you anything of course, and you will have access to a good selection of potential staff.

Offline viv

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 10:56:28 pm »
In the last few minutes since writing the above post, I have seen my membership rise to 208!

Moderator - please feel free to re-site this topic into another heading if you feel that would be appropriate. Thank you.

Offline viv

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 11:00:00 pm »
Please join my facebook site -"Jobs offered in Llandudno, Llandudno Junction, Conwy and Colwyn Bay" if you haven't already found work. I post jobs on there every day, and one might turn up that would be ideal for you. No fees -  just trying to help people find work as locally as possible.

Offline viv

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 11:08:53 pm »
I have just developed a Facebook group called "Jobs offered in Llandudno, LLandudno Junction, Conwy and Colwyn Bay", and now have 209 members and rising every day. It is a site to spread the word about any job vacancies of whatever type in the area, as people find it very hard to find work at present - so many jobs are gone before they see them, yet are still advertised. It would appear that the obvious ones are those that people spot in shop/office windows, and are then spread by word of mouth. That's where I thought that members of this forum and my members could gain a mutual benefit. Some businesses have problems getting staff, and particularly with the tourist season approaching, there are people on my site desperately looking for work. You would be very welcome to join the group - alternatively please post any vacancies on here and I will copy them across for members to contact you in whichever manner you feel appropriate. This will not cost you anything of course, and you will have access to a good selection of potential staff.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 07:49:04 am »
It's fine, Viv.  Very worthwhile.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline viv

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 08:49:41 pm »
Thanks. Membership now up to 242!