Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664328 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7410 on: March 05, 2017, 10:37:18 am »
This Liverpool 'ghost ship' could launch daily sailings to Llandudno by next spring.

The hope is that the newly incorporated Liverpool & North Wales Steamship Company(LNWSC) will start running services from the city to Llandudno Pier and along the Menai Strait by May 2018.

“We are looking to start in May 2018 with the possibility of mooring the ship on Llandudno pier for evening dinner cruises, functions and birthday parties.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/liverpool-ghost-ship-could-launch-12685852

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7411 on: March 06, 2017, 01:24:38 pm »
I was amused to see the temporary yellow traffic sign at the junction of Queens Road/A470 that referred to a road closure on the 'Lynx Stretch' of the A470. They of course meant 'Links Hotel Stretch'.  :laugh:

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #7412 on: March 09, 2017, 02:22:24 pm »
Anyone know why the windows above the Rabbit Hole are boarded up ??

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7413 on: March 09, 2017, 05:37:49 pm »
Very noisy Chinook helicopter over my house right now, scary but impressive!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7414 on: March 09, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »
There are exercises taking place. Yesterday there were Chinooks, Sikorskys and jets together.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7415 on: March 09, 2017, 08:40:45 pm »
There are exercises taking place. Yesterday there were Chinooks, Sikorskys and jets together.
I believe the Red Arrows are also in the area, using RAF Valley jets, not there usual livery

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7416 on: March 09, 2017, 11:36:05 pm »
Went out to a few bars in Llandudno tonight,  there were more people sleeping in doorways with dogs, than customers in total around the whole town. 
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7417 on: March 10, 2017, 07:52:43 am »
Interestingly, we've noticed quite a few sleeping in doorways over the last couple of weeks.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7418 on: March 10, 2017, 09:00:46 am »
Interestingly, we've noticed quite a few sleeping in doorways over the last couple of weeks.

:-X Now I wonder what is attracting them to the area ? :-X
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #7419 on: March 10, 2017, 09:21:22 am »
I believe the Red Arrows are also in the area, using RAF Valley jets, not there usual livery

There's been quite a lot of military activity over here in Staffordshire.

Do you think they're training up for the Battle of Brexit?

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7420 on: March 10, 2017, 11:40:13 am »
There's been quite a lot of military activity over here in Staffordshire.

Do you think they're training up for the Battle of Brexit?

No CCBC has given them permission to carry out bombing raids on Colwyn Bay Pier (well, what's left of it).

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7421 on: March 13, 2017, 12:16:02 pm »
Comedy festival in Llandudno? Don't make me laugh
Fringe festival will bring top West End show to resort for fraction of price plus FREE events.
The mini-festival will run alongside the annual Craft of Comedy UK conference, which draws in some of the biggest names in the industry.
It will include talks, shows and masterclasses in the art of being funny and the future of comedy .

Announcing the festival, organisers said that among the highlights will be a special version of Showstopper! The Improvised Musical.
Steve Doherty, artistic director of the conference, said: “Every year, Craft of Comedy brings the comedy industry to North Wales.
“With the development of the fringe, we’re hoping that we can spread a little laughter outside the walls of Venue Cymru and bring North Wales to the comedy industry.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/comedy-festival-llandudno-dont-make-12725576

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7422 on: March 31, 2017, 02:01:41 pm »
This report surprised me,...... and raises questions, is this seasonal work, what do they do off season, and locals staying on benefits rather than working.

Brexit immigration control fears on Llandudno tourism trade...where 75% of hospitality workers are from EU
Stark warning over impact of tighter controls on the town's thriving sector.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/brexit-immigration-control-fears-llandudno-12825178

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7423 on: April 07, 2017, 11:17:27 am »
I was going to ask if anybody else heard the helicopter last night about 1.30am, sounded very strange, I thought it might even be in trouble, however all's well, from the Coastguard site......

We were paged at around 01:30 this morning at the request of the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust to assist in the search for a despondant male on the North Shore in Llandudno that was reported may have entered the water.
Llandudno Lifeboat RNLI and North Wales Police / Heddlu Gogledd Cymru were also in attendance.
As we arrived on scene we were told that the male had been located by the Police Helicopter on the shingle some distance away from where he was last seen.
He was left in the care of the Police and Ambulance Service.
We were no longer required and returned to station.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7424 on: April 07, 2017, 12:34:47 pm »
I was going to ask if anybody else heard the helicopter last night about 1.30am, sounded very strange, I thought it might even be in trouble, however all's well, from the Coastguard site......

We were paged at around 01:30 this morning at the request of the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust to assist in the search for a despondant male on the North Shore in Llandudno that was reported may have entered the water.
Llandudno Lifeboat RNLI and North Wales Police / Heddlu Gogledd Cymru were also in attendance.
As we arrived on scene we were told that the male had been located by the Police Helicopter on the shingle some distance away from where he was last seen.
He was left in the care of the Police and Ambulance Service.
We were no longer required and returned to station.

.... and how much did all that cost us?
Fester...