Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2648119 times)

Offline Jack

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #435 on: December 15, 2010, 07:21:25 pm »
A friend who lives in town told me apparently there was petrol put through the letter box of the Cost Cutter by the Gresham yesterday by a disgruntled customer, is that true  ?

I heard that someone set fire to the Londis store in the early hours at the top of Madoc Street.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #436 on: December 15, 2010, 07:33:02 pm »
I don't think they set it on fire as they were caught on CCTV across the road but they did put petrol through the letter box ? They got the guy, I was told some "local nutter" was responsible he did it as he'd been barred or  something.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: December 15, 2010, 07:47:33 pm »
I was told some "local nutter" was responsible he did it as he'd been barred or  something.
There's plenty to choose from!  :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #438 on: December 16, 2010, 04:21:13 pm »
I was told some "local nutter" was responsible he did it as he'd been barred or  something.
There's plenty to choose from!  :o

Ha ha, yes... that description hardly narrows it down.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #439 on: December 17, 2010, 04:12:21 pm »
Can't believe all this snow, have you seen the size of the flakes, I'm hoping I'll be able to get home tonight, I bet Conwy is even worse. Nice to see though isn't it.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline tolly

• To be the part....!
« Reply #440 on: December 18, 2010, 12:37:54 am »
Teehee i know what you mean,like something out of Monty Python....... D)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #441 on: December 21, 2010, 02:54:41 pm »
I was in Mostyn Street today standing by the Traffic lights outside of M and S waiting for my wife and was looking at the traffic in the street.
The lights were on red so a car travelling in the direction of Craig Y Don  stopped in the centre of the road and then someone just undertook him and shot through the red lights and parked on the zig zag lines by the bank. They were just picking someone up with their shopping.
It was lucky that he didn't run over any one, another guy looked at me in disbelief but by the time I got to the other car he was pulling away probably blissfully unaware of the stupid thing he had done. :rage:

Offline dontheturner

• Never look back, at your past mistakes
« Reply #442 on: December 22, 2010, 01:09:47 am »
Hugo,--- I understand the Driver - he is most likely from Thailand.

My friend, is a lecturer at the King's College, in Bangkok, and was turning right, into the College yesterday morning  (With his signal going) when some prize Thai Driver, overtook, into his Front Door - my friend now has a head injury, and no transport.    TIT == This Is Thailand     dontheturner

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #443 on: December 22, 2010, 08:19:47 am »
I was in Mostyn Street today standing by the Traffic lights outside of M and S waiting for my wife and was looking at the traffic in the street.
The lights were on red so a car travelling in the direction of Craig Y Don  stopped in the centre of the road and then someone just undertook him and shot through the red lights and parked on the zig zag lines by the bank. They were just picking someone up with their shopping.
It was lucky that he didn't run over any one, another guy looked at me in disbelief but by the time I got to the other car he was pulling away probably blissfully unaware of the stupid thing he had done. :rage:
Amazing, total stupidity.  :rage:

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #444 on: December 22, 2010, 09:56:03 am »
What's been particularly noticeable over the past few weeks is that as soon as we get a substantial amount of snowfall, people seem to disengage their brains. Motorists seem to think they can park anywhere - including the middles of roads, people walk in the road instead of the pavement, and that at a time when the roads are decidedly more lethal, owing to the slushy mess of partially frozen grit, ice and dirt, drivers seem to think speed limits are an aspiration, rather than a restriction and - generally - folk seem to lose their sense of perspective.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Jas

« Reply #445 on: December 22, 2010, 11:18:21 am »
You cant believe the snow Pendragaon, This my first Christmas in Wales for over 30yrs. I was thrilled when I first saw it, now I am stuck in the House I am not so sure!!!. Just hope my brother can managed to pick me up on the 25th so I can have some Turkey :laugh: I must say tho it does all look very pretty out there.  MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.  Jas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #446 on: December 22, 2010, 11:27:14 am »
Merry Xmas to you too Jas.  VV %0%
It does look lovely, but it's causing havok to  businesses.
I won't be able to open today. I'm hoping Xmas eve will be ok as we have a party on.
Theres supposed to be more snow on the way again.

Offline Cartier

« Reply #447 on: December 22, 2010, 11:49:40 am »
Edited by admin
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:16:47 am by Ian »

Offline Jas

« Reply #448 on: December 22, 2010, 02:30:37 pm »
  I am trying to insert a photo, but not sure how.....hope this works

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #449 on: December 22, 2010, 02:57:16 pm »
Click on the blue 'reply' button (bottom RH side) then 'additional options', then browse.  That reveals your desktop, where you simply select the image you want to upload and click.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.