Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2663458 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7050 on: June 02, 2016, 09:13:01 am »
Am I alone in seeing a gradual deterioration in Mail services generally since privatisation?
I haven't perceived any problems in terms of parcels, as I mail out a few each day. Several customers have contacted me to say their delivery has arrived the morning after I mail them, (and I despatch them at 4pm),... and I only pay for 2nd class service.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7051 on: June 02, 2016, 10:24:22 am »
Am I alone in seeing a gradual deterioration in Mail services generally since privatisation?

I did a few weeks ago if you recall, but all seems fine again now.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7052 on: June 03, 2016, 09:38:56 pm »
        I was on the pier this afternoon and I noticed the red "LEAVE" battlebus heading towards the tollgate where it performed a 45-point turn, (much to the dismay of the cars behind it), before finally parking at the pier gates. As I was walking back down the pier I passed Ian Duncan Smith (IDS), and another MP I recognised but couldn't put a name to by the funfair area on the pier with a load of young people waving "LEAVE!" placards. Loads of people were having "selfies" taken with him, I was surprised to see that he is a much taller person that he appears on TV.                     

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7053 on: June 04, 2016, 07:41:07 am »
Should have launched him over the rails

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7054 on: June 04, 2016, 10:50:37 am »
Should have launched him over the rails
  $good$ $good$ $good$
Fester...

Offline BMD

« Reply #7055 on: June 04, 2016, 11:59:26 am »
Nothing like political campaigning to ruin the seaside holiday vibe (except, perhaps, conference rooms, a la skip).

Fortunately, it didn't spoil my fun yesterday, sampling the offerings of the speciality cheese & choc-covered fruit kiosks, which I had't seen before.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7056 on: June 04, 2016, 01:23:29 pm »
Bought a cheese a week or two back...Drunken Monk I think it was, really enjoyed it !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7057 on: June 05, 2016, 12:04:01 am »
Nothing like political campaigning to ruin the seaside holiday vibe (except, perhaps, conference rooms, a la skip).

Fortunately, it didn't spoil my fun yesterday, sampling the offerings of the speciality cheese & choc-covered fruit kiosks, which I had't seen before.

The chocolate/fruit kebab kiosk,  (soon to start offering crepes too apparently),  it's 2 young guys, Jack and Lew, not sure it's a viable proposition given the rents that are facing, but they are trying really hard and I wish them every success.  $good$ ££$
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7058 on: June 05, 2016, 02:58:30 pm »
To say Conwy CBC is always crying the poor tale it must be mad. The place is packed and guess what? NO ONE IS MANNING THE GREAT ORME TOLL GATE ! That is the second time this week as there was no one there on Tuesday either. ! Imagine the revenue that they are losing. $angry$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7059 on: June 05, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »
They often transfer a parking warden, temporarily. Still, it does make you wonder...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7060 on: June 05, 2016, 04:45:56 pm »
To say Conwy CBC is always crying the poor tale it must be mad. The place is packed and guess what? NO ONE IS MANNING THE GREAT ORME TOLL GATE ! That is the second time this week as there was no one there on Tuesday either. ! Imagine the revenue that they are losing. $angry$
>?>??
             I don't know if it has been fixed yet but the last three times that l walked through the car park at the summit of the Orme lthere was a piece of paper taped across the Pay and Display machine which had FREE PARKING  written on it.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7061 on: June 05, 2016, 05:01:33 pm »
Dame they could have used that lost revenue on the Happy Valley waterfall,never mind maybe next year.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7062 on: June 05, 2016, 05:25:39 pm »
From what my OH was told, the whole of Llandudno could be supplied with waterfalls. The footfall, or should I say 'wheels' going round the Orme lately has been phenomenal. Record takings!

Offline mull

« Reply #7063 on: June 05, 2016, 05:51:22 pm »
We were parked on top of the Orme in late March, week after easter and the car park ticket machine had a paper sign stuck to it saying machine broken, parking is free. It was busy then.
If it has been like that since then, they must have lost a fortune.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7064 on: June 05, 2016, 09:41:02 pm »
Omg apparently the waterfall works,but not on the weekends,couldn't make it up