Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664014 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7035 on: May 14, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »
Very well very done!  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7036 on: May 14, 2016, 01:40:13 pm »
Well done for making your points :-) )))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7037 on: May 14, 2016, 02:17:15 pm »
Thanks Dave, and all.... #Fester takes a bow#

In truth, it was one of those freak events that can't really happen.
Something akin to Halifax Town winning the FA Cup.
I went along to watch 2 team mates in the competition, but I was encouraged to enter.
As each round went by, some of the best players in N Wales stepped up, but they never seemed be at their best against me.
If it is possible to be lucky for 7 consecutive rounds, all on the same night, then I suppose that's exactly what happened.  I found myself in the final and somehow won it.
There are some prestigious names on that trophy, and then mine!  But in years to come people will puzzle over who the heck that one-off winner was.

I have promised NEVER to enter another tournament, as I would get no further than round 1 !!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7038 on: May 17, 2016, 11:40:51 am »
PLANS to remove Llandudno North Shore’s controversial stones have moved a step closer with Welsh Government cash being made available.

Conwy County Borough Council cabinet members agreed in January to support a beach management appraisal for Llandudno, subject to funding.

Now the Welsh Government has agreed to fund a feasibility study into the project – which will see consultants brought in to assess options for the town’s beaches, including the possible removal of thousands of tonnes of rocks on the North Shore which have made the beach unfit for children to walk on, Cllr Frank Bradfield told cabinet in January.

Nigel Treacy, chairman of Llandudno Coastal Forum, said: “Llandudno Coastal Forum are pleased to announce the next step forward in its programme.
“Conwy County Council, having previously agreed to undertake a Beach Management Plan for Llandudno, are now moving forward and in the process of procuring consultants to assist with the work.

“The Beach Management Plan will review the history of beach management and coastal protection in Llandudno and assess all current and future options produced by the Llandudno Coastal Forum considering matters such as flooding, access, amenity, environment, heritage, recreation, tourism opportunities and addressing wind-blown sand problems at West Shore.

“A consultation on ideas for the West Shore will be held shortly so that all ideas generated can be integrated into the options considered by consultants carrying out the work.”
Alison Shields, chair of the Restore Our Beach campaign, said: “It is incredible news that the study will go ahead, I couldn’t be more happy.
”The forum has been on a very long journey and have worked exceptionally well together.
”It shows the power of the public’s voice and also when there are positive responses from all parties.

”That is what Restore Our Beach asked for and that is what we will continue to do.”

Llandudno mayor Frank Bradfield said: “I’m delighted that Welsh Government has decided to fund this feasibility study – it's been a long time coming. I’m hopeful that the study combines a play area for children on the beach as well as sea protection for the town.”    ref Pioneer

Offline Daihardwelshman

« Reply #7039 on: May 17, 2016, 12:41:14 pm »
Keystone cops springs to mind here.......

Which muppet is responsible for wasting our money dumping stones on the beach only for about 18 months later having them removed????

You couldnt make it up :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7040 on: May 17, 2016, 07:23:17 pm »
I am not sure this is the correct initial thread. However, llwynon road had a bit of a crime wave around 7-14 days ago. Themedz said he was going to garage his car for the night after a nearby car was broken into. And I had three separate attacks on my caravan, two of which they gained access. Also sleepers on the second green. They departed leaving their rubbish. And other unsocial activity around.
  Anyway, an arrest was made yesterday afternoon and a person was taken to court today still under arrest. I won't go further and speculate who is involved even if I do have two people in my mind, plus another two who gladly I don't know.
  So, I sleep easy tonight? No, not really. A visit to court I 'sent a frightening event to this type of gentlemen. Oh, and the fourth was a girl.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #7041 on: May 18, 2016, 09:21:26 am »
"Which muppet is responsible for wasting our money dumping stones on the beach only for about 18 months later having them removed???? "

Cllr Mike Priestley

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7042 on: May 19, 2016, 09:28:29 pm »
  To hopefully finish off the Llwynon Road crime wave. Or at least ease it off for a week or two. Ive got no news about the car breakin but I have been told who pleaded guilty for once damaged my caravan and twice gaining entry and stealing. He is, as we all thought, a very local lad. Ive got his name, I know his sentence, but I don't suppose there is much point in my putting it here. Danger now is he gets annoyed with me by calling in the police, so when he fees like it an old sack, some petrol and matches, and in the morning I come up to a pile of ashes. Thats life.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7043 on: May 23, 2016, 02:56:42 pm »
Today I have sent this e-mail of complaint to the National Westminster Bank:

Today my wife and I went into the Llandudno Nat West Branch. My wife has a Nat West account. This branch is open plan. On the left hand side is an 'office divider’ about 4’6 high. Behind this is a desk with a computer screen. The computer screen faces towards the banking hall and the screen can be seen and read over the top of the divider by anyone over 5’ tall. Previously, the desk was unattended and a draft document relating to someone’s account on the screen which I was able to read and I have also seen a customer’s bank account details on the screen. I have previously pointed this out this gross breach of confidentiality to staff TWICE, the last time to the Branch Manager who promised to do something about this. Today, the Branch Manager was talking to an older gentleman whose whole account details were on the screen in view of everyone nearby as they discussed his account details and pointed out transactions on the screen.  I was very tempted to talk a photograph or video with my mobile telephone which would have recorded every detail, but declined out of respect for the elderly customer.  That this continual breach of confidentiality continues after being pointed out is grossly negligent and I intend to ensure this receives the widest publicity to Conwy Nat West customers. They may have strong views on the fact that their account details may be on public display. 

Please let anyone you know that might be a National Westminster customer.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7044 on: May 23, 2016, 04:52:40 pm »
I suspect they're also in breach of the law.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7045 on: May 23, 2016, 06:22:22 pm »
More good news. From: http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=142&doc=37873

In a move to increase recycling and tackle £1.6m of waste, Conwy Council will soon begin collecting refuse bins every three weeks, with recycling and food waste still to be collected every week.

The new bin collections will be phased in over the summer, starting at the end of July.  All households will receive an information pack and new collection calendar before their last collection on the fortnightly schedule.
Only the refuse collection – the black wheelie bin – will change.
Recycling and food waste will still be collected every week.
Garden waste, textiles and small electrical items will still be collected every fortnight.
A separate nappy collection service will be available upon registration.
Additional recycling containers are available to be requested free of charge

A trial of 4-weekly refuse collections will also be launched, as agreed by Conwy’s Cabinet earlier this year.  The 4-weekly trial will include all households who currently have Monday as their refuse collection day, with all other days moving to the 3-weekly schedule.

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7046 on: June 01, 2016, 05:06:55 pm »
Llandudno Post Office closure bombshell announced.
Plans are being considered to shut the main Post Office in Llandudno .

Officials are mooting the idea of shutting the branch on Vaughan Street and moving it to the WH Smith store in Mostyn Street.

The group have gone out to consultation on the idea which describes the possible branch in WH Smith as a “modern new environment”. .....?   ?.

MORE    http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-post-office-closure-bombshell-11414878

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7047 on: June 01, 2016, 05:23:13 pm »
WH Smith as a “modern new environment”. .....?   ?.

That'll be the shop with filthy windows and scruffy interior...

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7048 on: June 02, 2016, 08:16:46 am »
Am I alone in seeing a gradual deterioration in Mail services generally since privatisation?

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #7049 on: June 02, 2016, 08:31:42 am »
WH Smith as a “modern new environment”. .....?   ?.

That'll be the shop with filthy windows and scruffy interior...

If it moves to WHS, the service may improve. Gave up using the GPO as the service/queues was so bad.