Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664299 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6570 on: August 14, 2015, 04:14:58 pm »
Have they got a Glasgow Rangers one

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6571 on: August 14, 2015, 04:26:49 pm »
I'm afraid the Rangers gnome went into administration  Z**

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6572 on: August 17, 2015, 07:46:45 pm »
We need Oscar back,nobody gives a stuff anymore.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6573 on: August 17, 2015, 09:18:47 pm »
 I agree. Also one or two of the absent ex members of this forum. Love em or hate em, they did enliven proceedings

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6574 on: August 18, 2015, 05:08:50 pm »
Such a shame there are no takers for the Clarence and the Tudno castle,im sure the prospective owners are trying to let all the empty units but they are obviously struggling big style,

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6575 on: August 19, 2015, 12:22:04 pm »
Such a shame there are no takers for the Clarence and the Tudno castle,im sure the prospective owners are trying to let all the empty units but they are obviously struggling big style,

.... or being too greedy?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6576 on: August 20, 2015, 05:01:13 pm »
There have been about about 5 vans and attached caravans parked up by the Paddling Pool at Craig Y Don all this week, right in front of signs banning overnight parking. Does anyone at CCBC enforce these rules, I wonder? The caravans are taking up 10+ parking spaces.
Quotes from earlier in the month..........
Ian  "Motorhomes move into the lay-bys in the Conwy valley every year to overnight on them. No one ever seems to notice"
B2R  "Aren't the people who own camp sites annoyed and complaining? "
DaveR  "It amazes me that some people are too tight to either book a B&B or at least pay to park their Motorhome in a  proper campsite."

I see in todays Pioneer that CCBC and CBC have banned campers and caravans from parking overnight on Rhos prom between 11pm  8am  anyone doing so will be fined, the signs are up already.
Maybe Llandudno will be next ?

Offline Jack

« Reply #6577 on: August 20, 2015, 05:51:12 pm »
I think there already signs on Llandudno prom near the paddling pool but no one takes any notice of them and no one enforces them.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6578 on: August 20, 2015, 07:06:36 pm »
I think there already signs on Llandudno prom near the paddling pool but no one takes any notice of them and no one enforces them.
There seems to have been numerous complaints from the locals in Rhos......our turn now..... $angry$

Offline spotty dog

• Management board member
« Reply #6579 on: August 20, 2015, 08:39:23 pm »
Looking  from the other side, these  are tax paying vat paying road fund licence  paying citizens  ,who in general do not cause  any trouble. As such  they are easy  targets ,if they were Gypsies it would take months  of CCBC legal  wrangling  to remove them the mess to remove ect  with no benefit  to local economy

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6580 on: August 20, 2015, 08:58:05 pm »
Looking  from the other side, these  are tax paying vat paying road fund licence  paying citizens  ,who in general do not cause  any trouble. As such  they are easy  targets ,if they were Gypsies it would take months  of CCBC legal  wrangling  to remove them the mess to remove ect  with no benefit  to local economy

"with no benefit  to local economy" .....I think that is a big part of the problem...... Councillor Squires... " there are plenty of campsites in the area that cater for these vehicles, and through word of mouth, they have opted not to pay the fees but park for free on the prom"    this restriction could help these camp sights.
Do they use local shops and services ?........ &shake&

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6581 on: August 21, 2015, 08:14:48 am »
Do they use local shops and services ?........

I think Spotty was referring to Gypsies, Steve.

On the overnight parking in Conwy Valley it amazes me that anyone would want to park next to the A470. They'd certainly get a very early morning call.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6582 on: August 21, 2015, 12:48:54 pm »
 Banned campers and caravans from parking overnight  Full article now on " Everything to do with Colwyn Bay"

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #6583 on: August 21, 2015, 07:25:41 pm »
When Motor-homes / Camper-vans parked in front of us up on North Parade, we would go out at 21:00hrs and politely remind the owners that it was illegal for them to park there after midnight and also informed them that at 00:01hrs we would be contacting the Police to have them moved on. It invariably worked.

Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6584 on: August 21, 2015, 10:02:23 pm »
I 5hought the ide was to encourage visitors. When my son went to France with his Camper Van, every town had designated parking spaces by the local shops and farmers offered free spaces with the proviso that you purchase some of thir products?
Dictum Meum Pactum